Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
No,no. It's squeak into the playoffs for some home dates and concessions for JJ.

If you rebuild you lose that money, JJ ain't letting that happen or seeing attendance drop. So we hope overpaid slugs playing out of position like Grizz and Coyle can produce just enough to get into the playoffs. Hockey purgatory lead by the devil himself JJ and Sweengenius
I really think Neely talked JJ and CJ into a one year tank/"re-tool." It is the only thing that makes sense with these obviously terrible short-term moves and the protected pick.

Reactions: ylekot

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
For me, Sweeney has put three bonafide SC champion teams together in 2019, 2020 and 2023. Now covid ruined 2020, but the players shat the bed the other two seasons.
I loved the adds at the deadline but lets be honest, the D was never the same and the forwards never found their flow.

Sometimes adding a ton of guys at the deadline works against you and this time at least it did.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Failed to qualify
Lost round 1
Lost round 2
SCF
lost round 2
lost round 2
lost round 1
lost round 1

6 rounds won in 7 years.

I was always under the assumption that the NHL was a results oriented business.

I gave Sweeney credit to make the moves he did around the deadline. But results say they were the wrong moves.

They only got a few minutes of overtime extra compared to the previous season with a lesser roster. Yea it's on the players but it's also on the GM who put these players together.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Yes we now have heard from a Carlo hater..............
As a defenseman I think he sucks other than that he's a great kid.

So yes trade him the minute you have a team on the hook. So typical to frame it as haters when posters just think he stinks and don't agree with esteemed hockey experts like you :)

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

I gave Sweeney credit to make the moves he did around the deadline. But results say they were the wrong moves.

They only got a few minutes of overtime extra compared to the previous season with a lesser roster. Yea it's on the players but it's also on the GM who put these players together.
you are not wrong. Sometimes you choose the wrong core to build around.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

How incredibly illogical.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
How incredibly illogical.

It does lead to the question if that Columbus defenseman with size handles Florida better than Orlov, and lack of Hathaway replacing Frederic mattered. Naturally we will never have an answer to it and we should be thrilled Sweeney did go all in this time. It was the right time.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Not sure what's worse, that or the group that rubs one out to their fatheads and GM all day.
Lou, when you’re pissed off that others are more positive in their outlook on things than you are, you need to take a step back. Respectfully.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
As a defenseman I think he sucks other than that he's a great kid.

So yes trade him the minute you have a team on the hook. So typical to frame it as haters when posters just think he stinks and don't agree with esteemed hockey experts like you :)
Well he doesn't suck , he is on a good contract and there are a lot of teams that would like to have him ..........So why don't you tell me how and with who you replace him, I am sure you have plenty of ideas....let me know who is better than him........Take you time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad