Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plausible Zacha

Jun 30, 2023
So the bruins had to rush to sign the garbage that we did? I can’t get on board with that
You’re not required to be on board with it but I’m glad we’re not operating like Chiarellis regime passing out huge no movement contracts to everyone and his brother. We’re definitely going to be competitive for a playoff spot and on route to regain draft assets and players with our cap space next summer and IMO that’s a win In July.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Im not even mad because i didn’t want bertuzzi but off course they could have come up with something. Same way they got rid of hall to make cap space, there are plenty of defenseman they could have thrown into the sun and no one would miss them. They simply chose a different direction.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Marchy - Bergy - Tarasenko
debrusk - Zacha - Pasta
JVR - Coyle/Geekie - Coyle Geekie
Looch - Brown? - Greer

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
What’s the starting line for the Over/Under on how many pucks Bertuzzi kicks into the slot for an opposing one-time in the playoffs for the Leafs? 1 or 2? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gordoff

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
You’re not required to be on board with it but I’m glad we’re not operating like Chiarellis regime passing out huge no movement contracts to everyone and his brother. We’re definitely going to be competitive for a playoff spot and on route to regain draft assets and players with our cap space next summer and IMO that’s a win In July.
I completely disagree on the playoff spot
But we shall see

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think it's pretty obvious that Bertuzzi chose 1 year on what is likely the better offensive team to boost his value. Can hate on Sweeney all you want, but if it's true he offered 3 years then how can you blame Sweeney for Bertuzzi's camp rejecting the deal?
ppl hate reality so bad. “Why didn’t the bruins do that??????” as if they can make a guy sign on the dotted line

Right now our 1C is Coyle and he’s gonna ride shotgun with Matthews to his new fat contract instead. I don’t blame him!

Mountain

Mar 16, 2011
Quincy, MA
I was fine with trading Hall + for RFAs when under the assumption they were opening space to try and keep 1 of Orlov/Bertuzzi and then make their other moves/RFAs. To trade Hall for some AHL dmen and now loss both Orlov and Bertuzzi while you sign guys who are on the cliff of retirement is brutal.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
ppl hate reality so bad. “Why didn’t the bruins do that??????” as if they can make a guy sign
Exactly...I would have loved Bertuzzi back too, but he signed elsewhere...there's no way of knowing if he would have even considered 1 year with the Bruins.

Reactions: Gordoff and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad