Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lmao i have No idea what some of you expected. Truly. It’s like you’ve never seen a team go all-in and lose before.

You think they’ve done the best moves they could have this offseason?

Reactions: G Backup

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The bruins management is a complete joke. You couldn’t give him a one year deal at 5.5…. I can’t even believe this. They loss him to the leafs on that deal is a complete and utter joke. They should be embarrassed and lead out the building. WTF

Well it sounds like Boston offered Bertuzzi 3yrs and he wanted 6yrs. He took his chances in FA and Boston wasn't going wait on Bertuzzi before starting to build their roster.

When the dust settled Bertuzzi had no one willing to give him a long term deal and most teams had finished their big spending. Now he's taking a 1yr deal and hoping he can have a good season to land a long term deal.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The bruins management is a complete joke. You couldn’t give him a one year deal at 5.5…. I can’t even believe this. They loss him to the leafs on that deal is a complete and utter joke. They should be embarrassed and lead out the building. WTF
Honestly, we don't know that the Bruins didn't offer him that.
The Bruins need to concentrate on surviving the upcoming season without
DK and PB. They need to focus on the "what if's" of the teams makeup.
Again though, I can't believe that the same deal wasn't presented to him from the B's. We need to stay a bit objective.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Something doesn’t seem right about this. 1 x 5.5 after all the talk of wanting to keep him and him wanting to play here…
Boston moved on when he was asking for more term/AAV and signed others to eat up their limited cap, not really hard to understand.

Agent totally misread market, said it last night when he still hadn't signed.

For the record, Bert at one year here makes no sense for either party. If he was re-signing, it was for term.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Well it sounds like Boston offered Bertuzzi 3yrs and he wanted 6yrs. He took his chances in FA and Boston wasn't going wait on Bertuzzi before starting to build their roster.

When the dust settled Bertuzzi had no one willing to give him a long term deal and most teams had finished their big spending. Now he's taking a 1yr deal and hoping he can have a good season to land a long term deal.
I think you nailed it. Sounds like Bertuzzi had big dream$ and Sweeney had to move on. Bertuzzi camp was wrong, settled with Leafs. Not a bad plan B, he’ll get a crap ton of points on the LW of Matthews and Marner

Reactions: Gordoff and ON3M4N

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You think they’ve done the best moves they could have this offseason?
Given the complete lack of resources and the desire not to surrender MORE futures on what likely won’t be a true cup contender i think they’ve done completely ok this off-season, yes. Solid B in a tough spot.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Honestly, we don't know that the Bruins didn't offer him that.
The Bruins need to concentrate on surviving the upcoming season without
DK and PB. They need to focus on the "what if's" of the teams makeup.
Again though, I can't believe that the same deal wasn't presented to him from the B's. We need to stay a bit objective.
Even if they did offer him that they couldn’t offer a multi year deal at six mill….. trust me I know how desperately we need center but it’s very clear the bruins are rolling with CC and PV this year… not to get him signed and letting him go to the leafs on that deal is a disaster IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut

So the bruins had to rush to sign the garbage that we did? I can’t get on board with that

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Explain to me how they were supposed to do anything with no money. You realize they have to fill out a full roster, no? JFC. “An excuse”. No meet f***ing reality. It hurts, suck it up buttercup
If there was no possible way they could have afforded Bertuzzi, then why were they negotiating with him? Why was term the hangup?

Seriously this "no money" excuse is total nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad