Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Exactly...I would have loved Bertuzzi back too, but he signed elsewhere...there's no way of knowing if he would have even considered 1 year with the Bruins.
Hell maybe he even did consider it! I personally wouldn’t have for very long if I was in his situation though. Signing with the leafs for a season is in actuality a long term play by him. And it’s a brilliant one if he stays healthy.

Reactions: NDiesel and Gordoff

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Dude if Toronto shits the bed or he gets hurt, they are stuck with him.

They’re stuck until June? It protects them if he gets hurt or they shit the bed, its a good deal.

PS. My native language is gender indifferent so when I translate quickly in my head, I sometimes disregard the gender meanings in words like dude, guys etc so apologies if that came out wrong

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I don't know if anything really matters anyway. Last year we had the best roster physically possible and they still historically shit their pants in April. So whether we have Bertuzzi or Patrick Brown, maybe it doesn't even f***ing mean anything.
The Bruins always get their pants pulled down to their ankles in front of everyone by random guys like Patrick Brown so it probably doesn't haha

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Great for Bertuzzi, stays healthy, he should hit some nice numbers on the Leafs and cash in after.

One of the worst defensive players have witnessed in the short time he was here though. Hall is better. Didn't like Sweeney trying to keep Bertuzzi over him, or keep him period.

Still disappointed they lost Hall, but get it, they needed the cap.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Probably that plus walk away from most if not all their RFA’s. I don’t think it’s smart, they need to earmark that money for a first line center

Because Bertuzzi doesn’t put them over the top. Wanna know how I know?
1. I don't know how many proposals we saw on here that were more creative and thoughtful than the pithy one you just "outlined".

2. I thought part of the genius of the moves yesterday was that they could send these players down to Providence for free. So what was it? Did they spend all of their money or was it no risk?

3. Bertuzzi was clearly Plan A and Sweeney had other moves in place to accommodate.

4. If your plan (if you can call that dismissive gurgle a plan) had actually been the real one, you would have championed the "Sweenius" of it and came here with the same BS to spew at all of those who disagreed.

You can call out the perpetually negative all you want. I won't argue. But that isn't me. I call great when I see great (see my posts about this team being the best in the NHL last August for example). When I see horsepiss, I call horsepiss.

This is horsepiss

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What have the bruins done to make you so happy over the last 8 plus years? How’d 2019 go how’d last year go? Why don’t you take the bruins blinders off and assert the team and moves as such?
There's plenty to criticize over the course of Sweeney being the GM, but please explain how the players failings are the GMs issue.

They should've won in 19, and they totally pissed down their leg this past season after Sweeney gave them a wagon of a roster.

The bill finally came due , not sure what people expected to happen here.

Since the cap didn't rise over the past few years, there simply isn't any room around the league to ditch parts like Forbort, etc without attaching high picks to do so. It's not an exclusively Bruins thing, it's a league wide trend this offseason.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
They’re stuck until June? It protects them if he gets hurt or they shit the bed, its a good deal.

PS. My native language is gender indifferent so when I translate quickly in my head, I sometimes disregard the gender meanings in words like dude, guys etc so apologies if that came out wrong
Nailed it. Perfect use of gender in English.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The Bruins always get their pants pulled down to their ankles in front of everyone by random guys like Patrick Brown so it probably doesn't haha
Scott Walker 4ever
1. I don't know how many proposals we saw on here that were more creative and thoughtful than the pithy one you just "outlined".

2. I thought part of the genius of the moves yesterday was that they could send these players down to Providence for free. So what was it? Did they spend all of their money or was it no risk?

3. Bertuzzi was clearly Plan A and Sweeney had other moves in place to accommodate.

4. If your plan (if you can call that dismissive gurgle a plan) had actually been the real one, you would have championed the "Sweenius" of it and came here with the same BS to spew at all of those who disagreed.

You can call out the perpetually negative all you want. I won't argue. But that isn't me. I call great when I see great (see my posts about this team being the best in the NJ last August for example). When I see horsepiss, I call horsepiss.

This is horsepiss
I don’t even like Sweeney! I wanted him fired for Miller! I’ve said he’s gotten better every year on the job he’s been here, that’s accurate from what I’ve seen!

Why was Bertuzzi clearly “Plan A”? Because you said so? I’m sure they wanted him back at the right number but I guaranf***INGtee they didn’t hinge their entire off-season around him like you seem to think they did.

Do they still not have a number of guys to sign, including Bergeron and Swayman?

Also YOU SAW CREATIVE PROPOSALS ON HFBOARDS. COOL??? Aw man they should’ve just done them!

….Doesn’t make them realistic!

Reactions: Ddawg

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I don't know if anything really matters anyway. Last year we had the best roster physically possible and they still historically shit their pants in April. So whether we have Bertuzzi or Patrick Brown, maybe it doesn't even f***ing mean anything.
This is kind of where I'm at. If they couldn't find any success with a stacked team then I don't even think it matters who they're throwing over the boards.

I might be on an island about this but I'm getting sick of the PB and DK stuff every off-season. Just call it a career boys, you have your cup and nothing else to prove. This team needs to start shaping up for the future and stop relying on these two to keep bailing out your center depth every year. Sink or swim with what you have.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So the bruins had to rush to sign the garbage that we did? I can’t get on board with that

Let's say the Bruins signed no one while they waited and Bertuzzi found the deal he wanted from another team. This place would lose their mind because Sweeney "sat on his hands and did nothing" as people would say. Have you seen what's left in the UFA market?

Bergeron & Krejci are 2 of the top 5 based on points. Guys like Kessel, Parise, Ritchie, Bailey, Heinen and Nosek are some names in the top 25 among UFA left based on points.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Since cap strapped teams get pennies on the dollar for their assets Nylander should come to Boston for Forbort and Zboril

• Love
Reactions: Gordoff

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

You can call out the perpetually negative all you want. I won't argue. But that isn't me. I call great when I see great (see my posts about this team being the best in the NHL last August for example). When I see horsepiss, I call horsepiss.

This is horsepiss

Well, see, there's your problem: expecting Sweeney to be creative or thoughtful. They're in this mess because of him. At what point has it ever seemed like he's capable of getting them out of it?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If there was no possible way they could have afforded Bertuzzi, then why were they negotiating with him? Why was term the hangup?

Seriously this "no money" excuse is total nonsense

They could afford him before FA. Sweeney would have approach FA different if he has Bert re-signed. When Bert wanted to test the market, Sweeney needed to move on to another plan.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

This is horsepiss
Also to repeat

ppl hate reality so bad. “Why didn’t the bruins do that??????” as if they can make a guy sign on the dotted line

Right now our 1C is Coyle and he’s gonna ride shotgun with Matthews to his new fat contract instead. I don’t blame him!

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Hall and Bertuzzi not being here is a major mess up. their cap numbers are very affordable
Boston doesn’t have a lot of bad contracts. But they do have a few that are slightly overpaid.

Coyle, Grizz (don’t snap at me Grizz fans. They don’t even want to play him in the playoffs), Forbert….maybe Ullmark as well though goalie salaries seem all over the place. All these half million or million too much guys add up.

Throw in the overages from this past year and zero. Zero reliable AHL players who for sure will claim roster spots and this is kind of what you get.

This kind of looks like a year they’re gonna punt on. At the TDL it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see anyone not named McAvoy or Pastrnak dealt. Recoup picks next draft and have a crazy amount of space going in to the offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad