Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yea I heard that about that with kessel and eichel and too. It's all b.s. Talent and getting hot at the right time wins.

Kessel got his cups in PIT on a pretty loaded team. His 3rd cup in VGK he played 4 games and didn't see the ice after the first round. Eichel was solid, but he also went to an already very good VGK team. He put them over the top, but there were very good before Eichel arrived.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'm beating the drums to trade pasta for that 2nd overall or 3rd overall and get either carlsson or fantilli . With the cap savings you sign sway and bert. Our center for the now and the future. Getting a potential franchise center for years is gonna cost huge these type of centers come once a blue moon. Fantilli could be the best of the lot and could even better be better then bedard. He has a lot of toews in him. The problem I see is Columbus and ducks say get lost not enough.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'm beating the drums to trade pasta for that 2nd overall or 3rd overall and get either carlsson or fantilli . With the cap savings you sign sway and bert. Our center for the now and the future. Getting a potential franchise center for years is gonna cost huge these type of centers come once a blue moon. Fantilli could be the best of the lot and could even better be better then bedard. He has a lot of toews in him. The problem I see is Columbus and ducks say get lost not enough.
Bruins would be going in a full rebuild if they move Pastrnak which I don't see happening. The new Bruins' core is young enough to build around.

Reactions: The don godfather

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Boston pretty much has zero assets to make epic trades. Could see a Calgary Boston old time deal but why would either bother
The only thing that seems to make some sense would be to send a couple of boys with Western Canadian connections (JDB & Hall) to Calgary for some of their guys that won't be signing long-term (Lindholm & Hanifin). Then maybe sign Bert, put Zacha as the other top 6 wing, sign Bergy for 1 year $1M 35+ contract, unload salary and fill with cheap young guys and vets. Even then you probably have to trade away Ullmark and maybe Coyle. That would be a lot of moving parts.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

How bad of a look would that be for the franchise though? You sign your star player to the riches deal in team history so he doesn't make it to FA.... only to turn around and trade him to an NHL cellar dweller before his NMC kicks in.

Reactions: The don godfather

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
So if we they don't make any trades today so as not to distract from Ullmark and Bergeron's awards tonight, is it fair to assume we see Sweeney make his first move tomorrow? Gotta think they want to get something done before the draft, maybe acquire another 3rd or move into the 2nd round.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So if we they don't make any trades today so as not to distract from Ullmark and Bergeron's awards tonight, is it fair to assume we see Sweeney make his first move tomorrow? Gotta think they want to get something done before the draft, maybe acquire another 3rd or move into the 2nd round.
It’s also the GM meetings so I would expect Tuesday/Wednesday yes

Reactions: LouJersey

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Me too, dynamic big center, wants out, good salary...i see a swap with Ullmark cause they re gonna lose Helly
I'll do that in a heartbeat and drive linus to the airport. Doubt Chevy would do it probably need to add more.

don, don, don....why on earth would we trade one of the best goal scorers in the league for Fantilli, who we have no idea what success he will have in the league.
I love to sell sky high getting potentially the best kid in the draft. I'm in.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
But are you not drafting him in hopes he becomes (even 75%) of the player Pastrnak is?
Pasta 27 years old put 61 goals his age is absolutely perfect to sell at highest point and 61 goals is probably the highest he can reach. The stock is at the boiling point. Sell. Get a boatload for him and make this franchise even stronger for the now and future.

• Haha
Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

NeelyDan

Dilli Manholes Snipes 20+
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Pasta 27 years old put 61 goals his age is absolutely perfect to sell at highest point and 61 goals is probably the highest he can reach. The stock is at the boiling point. Sell. Get a boatload for him and make this franchise even stronger for the now and future.

dude you gotta drop this, seriously

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
How does the franchise get stronger "in the now" by trading Pastrnak and drafting Fantilli? The simple answer is - it doesn't.

If we made that trade we might as well sell the farm - Marchand, McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo...etc....see ya.

And then you want them to sign Bertuzzi? For what reason?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
dude you gotta drop this, seriously
I know it ain't gonna happen unfortunately. We gotta tank to get one of these stud young centers. Anyways I got high hopes for poitras to take the reins. Kid put 95 points in ohl and has signed a entry level deal. Keeping an eye on him.

How does the franchise get stronger "in the now" by trading Pastrnak and drafting Fantilli? The simple answer is - it doesn't.
Lots of cap space and signing bert and sway and getting a solid 1A potential center for now and future . Team gets better.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire

If we made that trade we might as well sell the farm - Marchand, McAvoy, Lindholm, Carlo...etc....see ya.

And then you want them to sign Bertuzzi? For what reason?

I'll keep the boat (Pastrnak) instead of the Mystery Box (Fantilli).

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Me too, dynamic big center, wants out, good salary...i see a swap with Ullmark cause they re gonna lose Helly
Ullmark probably wouldn't accept the trade would imagine it would be Swayman if its a goalie, leaving Ullmark as the defacto No1 going forward. clear that LA is going after PLD and not a goalie.

I could see someone calling Swayman and DeBrusk/Carlo going out to be "franchise altering" as they are pretty large components of the team

who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad