Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Oh yea I'll be doing handstands! With the 2nd overall pick the bruins select from the university of Michigan Adam fantilli!!!! Its ok I've moved on it ain't gonna happen. Now let's get those mark scheifele rumours started.

If you want to blow it up fine, trading Pasta is defensible. But you don't trade Pastrnak and then turn around and sign Bertuzzi. Where are you going in that scenario? The kid you get at 2 or 3 isn't going to step in and make this team a contender. So you're in no-man's land anyway. This is why what you're suggesting is nonsense. You want to focus on the future, but not really. You want the team to be good next year, but not really.

Pick one or the other. Otherwise this is an absurd thing to be posting about 5,000 f***ing times.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
This “franchise altering” thing is obviously silly right? And I don’t mean that because of the validity of the source, I mean it due to the fact that we all know with their cap situation that major moves have to happen right?

They either try to make another run and it means moving 1-2 key pieces for cap reasons, or they take a step back and that means likely Bergy retiring and 1-2 other pieces being moved for picks/futures.

Both options seem like arguably “franchise altering” in web rumor speak.

Reactions: Gordoff

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
When you compare the quotes from Ullmark in this article compared to the quotes from Swayman from his radio interview from a couple weeks ago, it sure sounds like Swayman has been given assurances about being part of the team moving forward that Ullmark hasn't been. At least to me, maybe I'm reading too much into stuff cause we're so close to the draft.

Reactions: Serge and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sweeney has a pretty great track record the last few seasons. Before that it seemed like OJT. Yeah he's made his
mistakes (who hasn't) but IMO he's grown on the job and hopefully learned a lot from his mistakes.
Right now I'm "In Donny We Trust" mode.
We obviously need to wait and see, and I'm fascinated to see what him and Evan Gold come up with.
Wait and see. Patience is a virgin (as Archie Bunker used to say).

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If you want to blow it up fine, trading Pasta is defensible. But you don't trade Pastrnak and then turn around and sign Bertuzzi. Where are you going in that scenario? The kid you get at 2 or 3 isn't going to step in and make this team a contender. So you're in no-man's land anyway. This is why what you're suggesting is nonsense. You want to focus on the future, but not really. You want the team to be good next year, but not really.

Pick one or the other. Otherwise this is an absurd thing to be posting about 5,000 f***ing times.

It was a idea you didnt like it fine I've moved on.

Sweeney has a pretty great track record the last few seasons. Before that it seemed like OJT. Yeah he's made his
mistakes (who hasn't) but IMO he's grown on the job and hopefully learned a lot from his mistakes.
Right now I'm "In Donny We Trust" mode.
We obviously need to wait and see, and I'm fascinated to see what him and Evan Gold come up with.
Wait and see. Patience is a virgin (as Archie Bunker used to say).
Its gonna be a bang of a first round I'm expecting a lot of gary moments repeating we have a trade to announce...

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Kinda seems like Krug broke the trade market
usa_today_12780575.jpg

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I'm beating the drums to trade pasta for that 2nd overall or 3rd overall and get either carlsson or fantilli . With the cap savings you sign sway and bert. Our center for the now and the future. Getting a potential franchise center for years is gonna cost huge these type of centers come once a blue moon. Fantilli could be the best of the lot and could even better be better then bedard. He has a lot of toews in him. The problem I see is Columbus and ducks say get lost not enough.
You are going to trade a 27 year old 60 goal scorer for a unproven draft pick interesting . I also want to add that Pasta's contract is going to look pretty dam good when you see what Draistl and Mathews next contract looks like , even what DuBois next signing even though I don't he will be worth it.......

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You are going to trade a 25 year old 60 goal scorer for a unproven draft pick interesting . I also want to add that Pasta's contract is going to look pretty dam good when you see what Draistl and Mathews next contract looks like , even what DuBois next signing even though I don't he will be worth it.......
Just figuring a way to get a possible elite young center to have for the next 15 years. I guess tanking or finding a 2nd round gem like bergy is the only way oh darn we dont have a 2nd. Maybe in the 3rd round. Btw I think pasta hit 27 years old.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
Not sure I get the Calgary E. Lindholm / Hanifin for Jake / Ullmark, or even Hall / Ullmark. Your adding money if Jake is included and maybe a million savings if its Hall. I thought B's were hell bent on signing Bertuzzi (would like to see) and need the cap. I guess if you through in Grzelcyk which I assume Hanifin would replace might make some sense, but I figured these guys would be going for picks and cap relief.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Just figuring a way to get a possible elite young center to have for the next 15 years. I guess tanking or finding a 2nd round gem like bergy is the only way oh darn we dont have a 2nd. Maybe in the 3rd round. Btw I think pasta hit 27 years old.
You are right I missed it on his age , but that is all I missed......

Reactions: The don godfather

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
When you compare the quotes from Ullmark in this article compared to the quotes from Swayman from his radio interview from a couple weeks ago, it sure sounds like Swayman has been given assurances about being part of the team moving forward that Ullmark hasn't been. At least to me, maybe I'm reading too much into stuff cause we're so close to the draft.
I believe you, but if that's true it's really not smart by Don.

He has to do something to a) cut cap b) either begin the rebuild, or go for it, or try a middle ground move

He HAS to trade someone, and really he should be open to trading any player if it's the best move and making up your mind about 1 player over another before you've explored all options isn't smart.

If Ullmark + the return for Swayman > Swayman + return for Ullmark then you do it.

It was a idea you didnt like it fine I've moved on.

Its gonna be a bang of a first round I'm expecting a lot of gary moments repeating we have a trade to announce...
Hey man, put me in the "every option is worth exploring". We're all just discussing things here. No reason for anyone to get angry or treat you like you are dumb because you have an idea.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I believe you, but if that's true it's really not smart by Don.

He has to do something to a) cut cap b) either begin the rebuild, or go for it, or try a middle ground move

He HAS to trade someone, and really he should be open to trading any player if it's the best move and making up your mind about 1 player over another before you've explored all options isn't smart.

If Ullmark + the return for Swayman > Swayman + return for Ullmark then you do it.

Hey man, put me in the "every option is worth exploring". We're all just discussing things here. No reason for anyone to get angry or treat you like you are dumb because you have an idea.
If I was giving up pasta for a mediocre player or something I can understand the backlash. This is a top 3 pick I proposed and got hammered here. With the cap savings you can also add and do many things if you dont like the players I suggested you can alter and suggest someone else. What a dung show. Anyways I ain't proposing it anymore everyone here thinks pasta is untouchable.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Every f***ing year I give Don Sweeney the best advice in the f***ing world, and every year he ignores me.

Trade our bad players and bad contracts for good players and good contracts. This ain't hard!
I still like the Fire Sweeney Into The Sun message

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If I was giving up pasta for a mediocre player or something I can understand the backlash. This is a top 3 pick I proposed and got hammered here. With the cap savings you can also add and do many things if you dont like the players I suggested you can alter and suggest someone else. What a dung show. Anyways I ain't proposing it anymore everyone here thinks pasta is untouchable.
Don. We just signed him. You don’t trade him. It’s really easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad