Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
“I feel real comfortable that I trusted my gut,” he said, asked about his decision-making throughout the the Florida series. “I have zero regrets with any line combinations, with any [changes] I made . . . I know things that happened in the series that worked out, some didn’t, ya know? I tried to put our players in situations to have success for how they are playing, in game, and what their skill set is . . . that worked well during the regular season, at times in the playoffs, and backfired at times.

“As long as I have zero regrets, that, to me, is the biggest thing. I don’t think I put anyone in a situation to fail.”

During a recent visit to Patriots workouts for a chat with coach Bill Belichick, said Montgomery, he left with the standard bit of advice: focus on the future.

“He said to me, ‘What’s next?’ " Montgomery recalling Belichick’s words. “ ‘You know, once the season’s over, whether I won the Super Bowl or we lost out, it’s what’s next.’ And that’s where I’m at. Next year.

“How are we going to be better?”

How indeed?

There are no basic, obvious, nitty-gritty questions from KPD here. If you look at post playoff threads, you will find several of those questions.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think I can't stand Elliotte Friedman. Schmuck.

From what I gather, whatever else he is, Mark Scheifele is a mediocre C and a terrible "leader."

As with Dubois,

No thank you.
Aside from anyone in house, players to potentially slot in as our #1 V is 37/46 aren't available or few and far between. Any available have some sort of wart.

As for Schiefele, Habs fans already hate him, so that's +1 in my book so far.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Always fun when your fanbase (who falls for this shit) becomes a consistent punchline
Falls for what? It was clearly a joke from the beginning. “Heatdaddy”? Please.

Choke of the century. No cap space. No picks. They have been the punchline all summer. That’s not even counting the inevitable Mitch Miller buyout. I’m going to have to have thicker skin

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinfanatic

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
“I feel real comfortable that I trusted my gut,” he said, asked about his decision-making throughout the the Florida series. “I have zero regrets with any line combinations, with any [changes] I made . . . I know things that happened in the series that worked out, some didn’t, ya know? I tried to put our players in situations to have success for how they are playing, in game, and what their skill set is . . . that worked well during the regular season, at times in the playoffs, and backfired at times.

“As long as I have zero regrets, that, to me, is the biggest thing. I don’t think I put anyone in a situation to fail.”

During a recent visit to Patriots workouts for a chat with coach Bill Belichick, said Montgomery, he left with the standard bit of advice: focus on the future.

“He said to me, ‘What’s next?’ " Montgomery recalling Belichick’s words. “ ‘You know, once the season’s over, whether I won the Super Bowl or we lost out, it’s what’s next.’ And that’s where I’m at. Next year.

“How are we going to be better?”

How indeed?

There are no basic, obvious, nitty-gritty questions from KPD here. If you look at post playoff threads, you will find several of those questions.
Thank God he has zero regrets I was worried he may have regretted playing three lines in game 7 that all played less than 5 minutes together all season, and scrap his goalie rotation. I feel so much better that he would totally go off the rails again in a playoff series. Good times

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
Thank God he has zero regrets I was worried he may have regretted playing three lines in game 7 that all played less than 5 minutes together all season, and scrap his goalie rotation. I feel so much better that he would totally go off the rails again in a playoff series. Good times
He said that right after the game too. Maybe it’s what he feels he needs to say to stay sane/keep his job, but he made so many decisions that may have contributed to the loss it seems strange not to have questions.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Me would love to see MS in Boston - Has the skills, hockey sense, vision and shot to be an excellent offensive center, and he knows how to use all of his assets. Is also blessed with good size 6 '3' 207 lbs, allowing him to get into the best scoring areas. He is very productive on the power play, as both a shooter and a setup man. However, as one of the NHL's most accurate shooters, he should probably let it fly more often.

Both teams are heading in opposite directions as the Jets are looking to change up their core and potentially rebuild, meanwhile the Bruins want no part of a rebuild and want to contend for a Stanley Cup once again next season.

Early rumors have the Bruins being open to the likes of Brandon Carlo or Jake DeBrusk being moved and the Jets could have interest in either. Scheifele has one season left on his deal at $6.1 million and is coming off a season where he registered 68 points in 81 games. The 30-year-old center has 10 teams he's allowed to avoid via his trade protection and it's likely Boston isn't on the list.

The Bruins are dealing with the likely departures of Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci so they will surely be locking up at least one center this summer.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Why “no” on Scheifele?
Same question from me.
Let’s face it 99% of us haven’t seen Scheifele play more than handful of games. The off ice comments a recycled through the years And there is most likely little truth to any of them.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Why “no” on Scheifele?

Pending UFA who will be turning 31yrs old this season, Isn't great in the dot (career 46.6% FO win percentage) and despite his great production he ranked 9 of 13 in FF% among Jets forward with at least 40gp this season. Among those same 13 forwards he ranked 11th is oiSV% and had the 4th highest oZS% this past season. When he's on his game he is a great offensive threat, but when he isn't on his game he's invisible and a liability defensively. When he was benched against Carolina after the team gave up 3 straight goals while he was on the ice, he flat out refused to speak with the media after the game. A few days later when asked about it he said he just didn't want to. This guy wears an "A" for the team and is a leader, but didn't seem to want to have to answer questions on being benched for a poor performance. Then you toss in other rumors that he's part of the problem in WPG and it just gives me red flags.

Obviously I'm not expert and I'm on the outside looking in. To me he seems like a guy who is more worried about getting his and when this are going his way he's great offensively. When things are not going his way he goes through the motions and is a liability defensively. I'm not a huge fan of +/- but I do like to use it to see how a player compares to the rest of the team. Scheifele has ranked dead last for WPG in +/- the last two seasons, which is a little concerning as well. It also doesn't seem like he's a guy that fits the Bruins locker room culture that guys like Chara & Bergeron have helped built.

To me he's not a guy that's going to propel a team to cup and not a guy you want to build around.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Same question from me.
Let’s face it 99% of us haven’t seen Scheifele play more than handful of games. The off ice comments a recycled through the years And there is most likely little truth to any of them.
Is he a legit top center? I don't watch any Jets games put when the B's have played them he didn't blow me away. Plus trade a Carlo or Jake for him still leaves us in worse shape cap wise.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Man you would kind of hope he would learn from his mistakes,but he believes he made none ,man what an arrogant jerk ,I say let him collect his meaningless award ,then call him up and fire him Sweeney.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Me would love to see MS in Boston - Has the skills, hockey sense, vision and shot to be an excellent offensive center, and he knows how to use all of his assets. Is also blessed with good size 6 '3' 207 lbs, allowing him to get into the best scoring areas. He is very productive on the power play, as both a shooter and a setup man. However, as one of the NHL's most accurate shooters, he should probably let it fly more often.

Both teams are heading in opposite directions as the Jets are looking to change up their core and potentially rebuild, meanwhile the Bruins want no part of a rebuild and want to contend for a Stanley Cup once again next season.

Early rumors have the Bruins being open to the likes of Brandon Carlo or Jake DeBrusk being moved and the Jets could have interest in either. Scheifele has one season left on his deal at $6.1 million and is coming off a season where he registered 68 points in 81 games. The 30-year-old center has 10 teams he's allowed to avoid via his trade protection and it's likely Boston isn't on the list.

The Bruins are dealing with the likely departures of Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci so they will surely be locking up at least one center this summer.
Sounds viable, but one thing Ive learned is that if they never talk about the source of the information then there is reason to question it. The only mention of MS to Boston was a musing on SN. He WONDERED if Mark was a good fit for Boston. Then people ran with it.

Thats not a source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad