Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
There was a 1C poll a day or two ago where you could choose between four centers.

Lindholm, PLD, Miller, and Scheifele.

Scheifele was at the bottom of my list. I have next to zero interest in him.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Is he usually spot on with rumors? It's pretty bold to say the Bruins are open to moving DeBrusk and Carlo. It looks like he just posts speculation.
It's summer. Isn't nearly everything local hockey writers push out just speculation being trotted out as valid for the sake of supplying content so they don't get fired?

I mean, heaven forbid they write an in depth article on individual players, or coaches, or team high level situations. Something human or informative.

Nah, just fake a rumor, the fans are bored and will eat it up.

#EasyJob

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Is anyone?
Friedman, Kypreos, McKenzie, Servalli, Pagnotta, trusted posters on this board, etc. Generally, folks that are in the know and have a track record of not spouting nonsense.
It's summer. Isn't nearly everything local hockey writers push out just speculation being trotted out as valid for the sake of supplying content so they don't get fired?

I mean, heaven forbid they write an in depth article on individual players, or coaches, or team high level situations. Something human or informative.

Nah, just fake a rumor, the fans are bored and will eat it up.

#EasyJob
Someone should make an AI that posts NHL rumors and speculation. That would be fun.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
He was bottom of mine too because I didn't think it was a real chance at him. Who was the last Boston center to pot 40 goals?
I know you didn’t mean that as an actual trivia question, but I’d guess Oates. Think he did it when Neely was hurt.

Outside shot maybe Thornton?

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yea I heard that about that with kessel and eichel and too. It's all b.s. Talent and getting hot at the right time wins.
I agree with you on this, lot's of players get unfairly criticized as bad apples, but once moved to a better situation those claims are proven to be BS.

I have a hard time believing that the Jets would trade their top 2 centers in PLD and Scheifele. Lindholm from Calgary makes a lot more sense.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I know you didn’t mean that as an actual trivia question, but I’d guess Oates. Think he did it when Neely was hurt.

Outside shot maybe Thornton?
I asked because I really don't know. I'd guess Thornton too

Quick search looks like you're right Oates in 1992 - 31 years ago.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Friedman, Kypreos, McKenzie, Servalli, Pagnotta, trusted posters on this board, etc. Generally, folks that are in the know and have a track record of not spouting nonsense.

Someone should make an AI that posts NHL rumors and speculation. That would be fun.

Yes, those are probably the most reliable sources.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Franchise-altering means one or more of the following players... Pastrnak, McAvoy or Marchand.
I'm not counting Bergeron and Krejci, as they're likely already gone.

Pasta has a full NMC
Machand has a Modified-NTC 6 team trade list, that has turned/or turns into a 15 team no-trade list very soon.
McAvoy has no trade restrictions, but D like him simply don't grow on trees.

Maybe Dom can confirm Marchand's M-NTC change date.

Of those three, I think Marchand is the one that kind of fits the re-tool bill.
He'd get a solid haul of now/futures etc, as he is still impactful and a steal of a contract.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I agree with you on this, lot's of players get unfairly criticized as bad apples, but once moved to a better situation those claims are proven to be BS.

I have a hard time believing that the Jets would trade their top 2 centers in PLD and Scheifele. Lindholm from Calgary makes a lot more sense.
Well, the situation is more of will the Jets let PLD and Scheifele walk for nothing. In a situation similar to Calgary, I think both have expressed that they will not be re-upping there on their next contract.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Franchise-altering means one or more of the following players... Pastrnak, McAvoy or Marchand.

Pasta has a full NMC
Machand has a Modified-NTC 6 team trade list, that has turned/or turns into a 15 team no-trade list very soon.

He'd get a solid haul of now/futures etc, as he is still impactful and a steal of a contract.

He's also 35 coming off a down season.

Don't think he would bring back the haul you're expecting.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022

Pasta has a full NMC

This all makes sense.

That said I can’t imagine they move him. He feels like the heart and soul of this team at this point, on top of being the most creative and arguably consistent offensive presence. You trade him and you are rebuilding, IMO.

But playing it out, if you deal him it’s likely to a team that’s close to winning it. For example, is there any combo of assets including Marchand that gets you Mercer from NJ?

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Pasta has a full NMC

Pastrnak's NMC kicks in July 1st I believe.

Although, even though I don't even think it's likely, to happen, mentioning it hypothetically will probably cause some sort of reality police to come forth and scold anyone for even mentioning the possibility.

McAvoy, I can't see them moving him unless they have an answer on replacing him, top pair D are even harder to replace than top line wingers. (both are not easy to replace either)

Lastly, the "Franchise-altering" comment was made by a non-verified source,, (and more or less mocked by another tweet), so while not impossible a big move happens, take it with a grain of salt.

That said, I'm still in the mindset anything can happen. Whether realistic or not, I'm here with popcorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad