Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Something has to be in the works if they literally don't think they can afford the likes of Hathaway and Nosek...

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The best move is to blow this up. They won't be able to replace Hall Bergy Krecji AND Bertuzzi.

They won't get the green light from Monty Burns since it would hurt the bottom line and wouldn't guarantee them a playoff gate.
monty burns spends to (near cap) every year

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Lots of Debbie downers today, I have zero doubt we make a few great moves when all is said and done.

No one knows what DS is doing. Relax and sit back and pay no attention to "rumors"

I would love to share your optimism as one of our best chips just returned two top 6 defensemen / 7th defensemen with little upside.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Hayes to St Louis for a 6th rounder, trade market value is low right now damn
Philly's paying half his salary too!

I would love to share your optimism as one of our best chips just returned two top 6 defensemen / 7th defensemen with little upside.
Best chips? He had a great series against FLA but that's about all he had going for him other than maybe being something they could flip later.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
So how does COL get a 1st and a 2nd for the rights to Newhook but BOS gets 2 AHLers for Hall and rights to Foligno?
Good point............I am getting more and more pissed off about this trade , sorry but something stinks here .............

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Hayes is one of the most ovepaid Centers in league, was strictly a salary dump by the Flyers. They can use this cap space to sign one or two better players. Smart move.
I think point I was making was they weren’t in dire need of cap space like the Bruins, just a team going in a different direction.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Philly's paying half his salary too!

Best chips? He had a great series against FLA but that's about all he had going for him other than maybe being something they could flip later.

Still Hall was one the best trade chips as he still is a top 6 forward. His contract isnt that bad with a cap hit of six million and two more years. Sweeney pushed himself in a corner got next to zero value for Hall.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Yea but who might that be with situation Bruins are in?

Kuznetsov, Schiefele, Byfield—something retained for the first two of course.

Zacha being the other top six center.

If we ship out Gryz, Forby, Reilly and Coyle there suddenly is a lot of cap space. Fill gaps with prospects in the bottom six, Frederic or Merkulov centering.

We’ve tried Coyle in the top six many times—it’s where offense goes to die. Why would we try that again?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

I actually believed Patrice would be back. Not David, though. Not for a minute.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
As it stands

Marchand -- Coyle -- DeBrusk

XXXXXX -- Zacha -- Pasta

XXXXXX -- XXXXX -- XXXXX

Greer -- XXXXX -- XXXXXX

Grz -- McAvoy

Lindholm -- Carlo

Forbort -- XXXXXX

Zboril
Reilly

Ullmark
XXXXX
You have Greer in there but not Lauko big omission ............

Reactions: bbfan419

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I didn't see the presser, but this sounds like KPD inferring. I put little stock in what GMs say publicly and even less into what the media reads into those statements.

Notwithstanding the above, if the difference with Bertuzzi's camp is term and the Bruins aren't willing to go 7 or 8 years and he thinks he can get 7 on the market, then he may be gone. I mean, Bruins needed to move out salary regardless, just sucks that it would have to be Hall if Bertuzzi wasn't going to re-sign; which is why I think they have an indication from his camp that there's a deal to be made here.
Should have known that before he traded Hall , I would rather 2 years of Hall at 6 mil than 7 years of Bertuzzi................

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
The amusing thing about PLD to LA is that Hab fans and media have been penciling him in there line-up for a out a year now, lol.
Gotta like what Gorton and Hughes are doing there, though. That's if your a Habs fan. Last year a young center in Dach this year Newhook, the Monahan deal which essentially came with a free first that helped them get Newhook. I just hope Will Smith doesn't fall to number 5

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad