Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Still Hall was one the best trade chips as he still is a top 6 forward. His contract isnt that bad with a cap hit of six million and two more years. Sweeney pushed himself in a corner got next to zero value for Hall.
I like Hall and loved his jump in the playoffs, but he was 8th in pts among Bostons forwards last year.

Look at the Hayes trade if you want to see what kind of a market there is for 6mil+ forwards. He produced a hell of a lot more last year than Hall and the flyers had to eat half his deal just to get a team to take him for a 6th round pick.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Kuznetsov, Schiefele, Byfield—something retained for the first two of course.

Zacha being the other top six center.

If we ship out Gryz, Forby, Reilly and Coyle there suddenly is a lot of cap space. Fill gaps with prospects in the bottom six, Frederic or Merkulov centering.

We’ve tried Coyle in the top six many times—it’s where offense goes to die. Why would we try that again?
All I am saying is you do not trade away centres when you do not have many.Teams will not be lining up for players u mentioned either in my humble opinion.

Reactions: Gordoff

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Hard to pinpoint how I feel about all of this. One one hand I’m sad that this may finally be the end of the road for this era. On the other hand I’m looking forward to the next era and whatever that brings.

Ultimately the bill seems to becoming due for all the attempted runs and attempts at keeping the window open.
The pages are turning. Will go out on a limb and say it wont be as doom and gloom as some are projecting.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I seriously wonder what direction the Bruins are heading in when they plan the team under the assumption that Bergy and Krejci won't be back.

Even without these two and without Orlov, I really can't see this team being a bottom 10 team which would be the condition to keep the next years first. They'd have to move a lot more pieces to get to the bottom.

But I can't say I'm on board to keep Bertuzzi for the contract he's going to get. Maybe it would be wiser to keep some cap flexibility. Orlov should be gone.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Gosh there are so many holes in our roster right now - I don't have any idea what this team may look like.

Which of our prospects do we think we can pencil into the starting lineup?

I think I am comfortable penciling in Lauko as a full-timer. Outside of that....not sure there are any that are ready for the big show, or at least, on a permanent basis.

From what I read, Walsh sounds promising so I'll chuck him on the third pairing. Guess I'll give the nod to Merkulov and McLaughlin as well. Screw it - Lohrei going to pair with McAvoy cause frankly we have too many holes.

Trade Gryz + Ullmark for Scheifele and a pick
Sign Hathaway
Sign Domi
Sign Frederic
Buy out Reilly

Marchand - Schiefele - Debrusk
Domi - Zacha - Pastrnak
Frederic - Coyle - Lauko
Merkulov - McLaughlin - Hathaway

Lohrei- McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Forbort - Walsh
From what I have read on this board, the only propects that are ready at this point to play next year are Lauko and maybe Merkulov. Lohrei is at least a full year away. Steen can hold his own, but is a 4th liner only, Koopanen looked very average as a 4th liner when I watched him play with us this year. He does have size and seems to be okay defensively. Beecher is the wild card, has the size and the skating speed to play now, but has not shown he can play at both ends of the ice and has very limited offensive skill. Poitras and Harrison are at least 2 years away. On dee I see one of Walsh / Mitchell making the team, especially if they do not resign Cliffy.
If we are trading Ullmark and Gryz, I want more that just a one year rental in Schieffle. Ullmarks value is at an all time high now. The Jets are overloaded on dee themselves doubt if they want Gryz.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I sure in the hell hope so !!!
Trading away two 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, and two 5ths for Bertuzzi, Orlov and Hathaway and then letting them walk and turning around and dumping Hall for some cap flexibility, he better have something in the works, besides giving more assets away for a few months of a couple of players and a round one exit from the playoffs.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I don't believe for one second that the Bruins don't know what Bergeron and Krejci are planning by now. Neither would leave them hanging.

Bruins just don't want to show their hand before the draft and free agency.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad