Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Honestly good, rip the band-aid off and let something new happen for better or worse.

I'm not sure that is the approach based on what is reported.

Right now they don't know if either will play, so they need to go into the rebuild season and put together a plan that will work if neither play. As they do so, they need to not make any decisions that would in fact close doors

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Put me in the camp that would rather see the likes of Beecher, Lysell, etc this year than have the Bruins try and add.

Retool/rebuild/whatever you want to call it. Add some more draft picks and become relevant again in three years.
Beecher is not going to be an NHL regular this year and it would be a mistake to try and make him one.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Probably just his RFA status...don't think it would be an actual road block for a team that wants him but you also don't want to find out after you trade for him that he see's himself as a 3.5 mil per player.

Yes, I was going to post this also- any team that trades for him, given that so many are in cap trouble, would love to know what he's going to cost going forward rather than get surprised.

Reactions: Bodit9

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If Chicago valued Folingo for one year at 4 million (LOOOOLLL) then they definitely valued Hall at 2 years for 6 aav more than a cap dump.
4 million for a great leader and a guy who will get you a 2-5 round pick depending on the year he has come deadline. Plus they have tons of cap space.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyDan

Dilli Manholes Snipes 20+
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
There’s a great joke buried in here somewhere around paying the piper and inflation but I can’t unearth it in case anyone wants to give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad