Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Nicks 2 years plus 8 million = zero rounds won.

Dumbed it down for you… Nick had a part in that I’m sorry

According to you it’s nobodies fault ever. Must be a great way to live, going through life as a shoulder shrugger

I wonder if you asked Nick what he thought of his Bruins career results wise. How would he answer that?

You can't make your posts any dumber.

Reactions: LouJersey

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

At 15:50, Friedman says the Bruins' top priority is getting Bertuzzi done. They apparently told Bertuzzi that they want to get a deal done but they have to wait. Friedman says he doesn't think Bertuzzi knew that Hall was why he had to wait. He also says that the Bruins want to keep Hathaway. The Bruins have been receiving calls on their goalies, but he's not sure whether they move on from either. He heard Gryz connected to Chicago.
Hold on a damn minute!!

Andy Strickland (according to @Alicat) said the Bruins have not had formal talks with Bertuzzi where someone on this board said they know the money it will take and now it's all down to term.

So, which is it?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
1) I think Walsh has the best chance at an NHL future. Regula I'm not completely sold on but I haven't written him off just yet. Mitchell is the least likeliest of the three IMO. But you have to remember, outside of Boston they had one right shot d-man under contract with zero pro experience and Sweeney has two rosters to fill, Boston and Providence.For example: Evan Gold may be responsible for the Atlantic division, Scott Bradley for the Pacific and so on. . No one was offering what the fans wanted. Again, it's the cost of doing business. Does it suck? Probably, but everyone operates under the same rules.

2) Gryz's value. I've maintained my stance that the Bruins could get a second round pick for Gryz going back to the last trade deadline. Does it still hold true? I'm told yes. But I raised the question because it does hold some merit in past negotiations/trades around the league: Gryz's actual money owed is $4.2 million with only a $3.6 million cap hit. Yes, it may be peanuts, but history has shown that when a player's actual money owed is higher then his cap hit, it de-values him on the trade market. So, to answer your question I'm not sure how much an opposing GM is going to look at that.

Finally, I apologize if I said to trust Sweeney. I never want to force my opinion on anyone. Everyone here needs to make up their own minds. All I know is he is an NHL GM and I am not and only time will tell if he makes the right move or not.

Needs to sink in with some fans.

Reactions: 13Hockey

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Not shocked by that at all. I do think Bertuzzi re-signs before the weekend, though.
I think you maybe right but there goes their Cap space and they still don't have a number one Center. So that inclines me to think on draft day1 or 2 Grizz is gone for pick/s and on July1 Ullmark is gone.

Reactions: Gordoff

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
B's probably don't have the pieces -- but considering LA seems to be looking to seriously contend, I'd love to get Byfield.

Maybe Ullmark + for him ----- Personally, I'd even be willing to give up Swayman+ for a potential 12+ year 1C.
I think you’re reaching but I certainly think they’re gonna be shopping for a goaltender and if they land PLD like reports seem to be going they won’t have a ton of cap space after his new contract.

Hmm maybe Swayman or Ullmark are the cheaper options if they want something better then what’s in the UFA pool..

Still hope we keep Swayman but I understand your thinking behind it I just think Byfield is a big ask.

Reactions: sarge88

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Haha. One of the guys on 98.5 this morning (also reported that the Bs haven't had any talks with the Bertuzzi camp yet) thought that Orlov was the primary target for DS to re-sign. Maybe someone needs to stick to Celtics and Pats talk.

Re-signing Orlov seemed fairly remote all along given the cap situation and more pressing team needs, not to mention that Orlov reportedly wants a deal with a lot of term.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad