Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I am genuinely happy for him knowing what he has gone through with a sick child .Chicago situation is different from contenders needing to hit cap floor etc so I don't think his deal will be used as bargaining power the way you think.
Have to overpay to get a vet to want to go there. I'm sure Chicago would pony up for Bertuzzi, for example, or Barbashev. But they're not signing there.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I am genuinely happy for him knowing what he has gone through with a sick child .Chicago situation is different from contenders needing to hit cap floor etc so I don't think his deal will be used as bargaining power the way you think.
Regardless its a stupid deal that will effect signings

Reactions: Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Foligno will be fantastic for Bedard to be around.

That makes the money worth it for Chicago even if it is a lot.

Actually reminds me a little of Lapointe and Bergeron.
Lapoint won a Cup/Cups with Detroit, he also rarely joked or smiled (or made funny faces) IIRC. He was all business and about teaching. Foligno has a more "relaxed" attitude IMO. Otherwise, yeah I guess I can see that if I squint.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Lapoint won a Cup/Cups with Detroit, he also rarely joked or smiled IIRC. He was all business and about teaching. Foligno has a more "relaxed" attitude IMO. Otherwise, yeah I guess I can see that if I squint.
From a mentor standpoint is what I meant. Lapointe let Bergy live with him and his family, ask Bergeron what Lapointe meant to him and his career development.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Not trade relevant but the Bruins profile logo changed to a new logo on socials. Perhaps a new jersey for the anniversary season?

Reactions: 13Hockey

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wow. They must need to get to the cap floor with that one. Lol.

I think more importantly, many fans truly underestimate the importance of having quality people around to mentor younger players.

I own a 19 year old and I guarantee that if he were given a million+ dollars to do something he's good at (video games for instance...lol), was forced to move to a new city and deal with the pressure of needing to be a great video game player, playing against the best in the world -- he would be up a creek, even if my wife and I moved there with him.

There would be so much that we couldn't help him with once he "went to work" every day and had to function in a realm that we don't understand at the level a Foligno does.

I know to this day Patrice Bergeron credits Martin Lapointe for his guidance and support when he was a rookie.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Honestly its a great signing for Chicago. Its only 1 year and they have no aspirations of making any kind of run this season. $4m is worth it to being in a respected vet and clubhouse presence to be a mentor to Bedard.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Whatever Don Sweeney does will be out of left field and probably shocking. He's been thinking outside the box lately IMO. That may be good or bad, but I'm full of anticipation to see how he handles this off-season and all of the questions hugely centering around the cap, whether DK and/or PB is back next season, and if he can sign a few players with snarl and truculence. That's a huge "ask" with the Cap the way it is but if you're giving up talents like Hall, maybe fill the entertainment void with some ill-mannered youngsters. Not sure and too lazy to look up but a guy like Gudas can do wonders for the attitude of other young teammates/D-men IMO. I think given the idea that Ullmark may be traded, if we have Swayman and Bussi, two young goalies, they'd probably appreciate the job that a Gudas type could bring to the blueline and especially in clearing the crease.
The Spoked B has been getting pushed around a little too much the last several years and it's time that it's also dealt with. Tkachuk-type players are the missing ingredient every year and this year's playoffs proved it (notwithstanding Monty's f-ups) etc. but having little/no physical answers is a fatal flaw in the playoffs.

Last edited:

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
No, a player that would be overrated is somebody who gets way more credit than there skill and production justifies. With analytics this has become an epidemic.

An overpaid player is a good player who teams overpaid for what they bring. In recent Bruins memory this includes Grzelcyk and Coyle as perfect examples. Both are good players, I may not like eiter of them but they are good but they are overpaid for what they bring. Coyle should be paid as a good third line 40 point center, between 2-3.5 million. Grzelyk as a third pair D 1.5 to 2 million.

Krug is overpaid but runs a power play well, is physical for his size, plays with heart and is a team leader. At 50% retained he would be a good addition. At tis point they may be able to get a third team involved to eat more of the contract
I like Grizz and Coyle but I want them on their old contracts.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Are you still waiting for a Mike Reilly buyout?

Would be great if Gryz could get us into the 2nd round of the draft.

Regardless of if Gryz is traded I still think a Reilly buyout makes sense to maxmize our cap flexibility.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If Bruins cant workout a deal with Bertuzzi. Can they trade his rights?

I didnt think you could do this with UFAs. But Bruins traded Foligno in the same manner..

One other thing... I will puke if he signs with the Panthers. Thats the last thing the Bruins need...

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Would be great if Gryz could get us into the 2nd round of the draft.

Regardless of if Gryz is traded I still think a Reilly buyout makes sense to maxmize our cap flexibility.
If traded to Blackhawks... better get a decent pick this time. They have a million picks!

Please no Regula ....

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Right, playoff failure was Foligno's fault.

Just so simple minded a response.
Nicks 2 years plus 8 million = zero rounds won.

Dumbed it down for you… Nick had a part in that I’m sorry

According to you it’s nobodies fault ever. Must be a great way to live, going through life as a shoulder shrugger

I wonder if you asked Nick what he thought of his Bruins career results wise. How would he answer that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad