Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I don't think Neely is going to play his hand and give any indication whether Bergy and Krejci are coming back or not. Those guys have had close to 2 months to decide, I'd say they have a pretty good idea and have informed the Bruins brass. In my mind, Krejci may retire but Bergy is coming back, I can feel it!

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So this means they would need to keep about $2M open in cap space to sign both to $1M bonus-laden 35+ contracts, right?If that's the case then seems like they'd be going with Zacha, Merkulov, Coyle, & Freddy at center. Unload Gryz & Forbort probably.

If that's what happens at center I want to know who is supposed to go first in the draft next year. Something to get excited about.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
So this means they would need to keep about $2M open in cap space to sign both to $1M bonus-laden 35+ contracts, right?If that's the case then seems like they'd be going with Zacha, Merkulov, Coyle, & Freddy at center. Unload Gryz & Forbort probably.
Yup, I'd say if they know both are returning, and Bertuzzi is re-signing, they have a top 9 of:
Bertuzzi-Krejci-Pasta
Marchy-Bergy-Debrusk
Merkulov-Coyle-Zacha

Fill out the bottom 3, get some nasty on the back end and trade Forbort, Reilly, and Gryz

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I don't think Neely is going to play his hand and give any indication whether Bergy and Krejci are coming back or not. Those guys have had close to 2 months to decide, I'd say they have a pretty good idea and have informed the Bruins brass. In my mind, Krejci may retire but Bergy is coming back, I can feel it!
That's my take as well. No way both guys are being complete Richards and still not letting management know their plans right before the draft and free agency. Would be very crappy to not tell management this late in the game, knowing what kind of position the Bs are in. If neither guy makes an announcement soon we will know their plans anyway based on what moves the Bs make.

Reactions: Gordoff

stevebeans

May 15, 2010
I’m also in the camp of moving on from both.

Well…. Krejci definitely. If Patrice wants to return on a super cheap deal as a 2 or 3c, he’s still great for penalty killing, etc.

The only problem is stripping captain away from him. I guess you don’t but everyone just knows it’s basically title only and have better on-ice leaders with the A.

On another note they should almost certainly sell high with Linus. If Sweeney can get a haul of picks and prospects for him (or a 1C), he should take it.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Well…. Krejci definitely. If Patrice wants to return on a super cheap deal as a 2 or 3c, he’s still great for penalty killing, etc.

The only problem is stripping captain away from him. I guess you don’t but everyone just knows it’s basically title only and have better on-ice leaders with the A.

On another note they should almost certainly sell high with Linus. If Sweeney can get a haul of picks and prospects for him (or a 1C), he should take it.

…what?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You seem to love commenting on them though. It’s ok to have zero accountability in your sports life. You’re just here for the fun and winning doesn’t matter, doesn’t make you a bad person

Its true, I'm not a bad person.

I don't think everyone knows that.

Reactions: dangermike

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think you’re reaching but I certainly think they’re gonna be shopping for a goaltender and if they land PLD like reports seem to be going they won’t have a ton of cap space after his new contract.

Hmm maybe Swayman or Ullmark are the cheaper options if they want something better then what’s in the UFA pool..

Still hope we keep Swayman but I understand your thinking behind it I just think Byfield is a big ask.
I agree. But every season we see trades that surprise us -- good or bad.

Maybe we can win one?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Who on this team is a better on ice leader than Bergeron?

Reactions: JOKER 192

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Put me in the camp that would rather see the likes of Beecher, Lysell, etc this year than have the Bruins try and add.

Retool/rebuild/whatever you want to call it. Add some more draft picks and become relevant again in three years.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So how does COL get a 1st and a 2nd for the rights to Newhook but BOS gets 2 AHLers for Hall and rights to Foligno?

Newhook is a 22yr old C/W that likely won't require a significant cap hit. Hall is 31yrs old with a $6 million cap hit for 2 years. Colorado also has about $8.5 million in cap space so they weren't in cap hell like Boston was.

Reactions: Gordoff and Serge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad