Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Kings who played back-to-back

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If he isn’t actively scoring goals he is genuinely useless and unfortunately he’s a 20 goal scorer
Ehh Caufield did improve in pretty much everything besides goalscoring last year. I'm content with his development so far even if we aren't getting 50 goal seasons out of him (let's face it that wrister alone wasn't going to fool NHL goalies forever).

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
WE'RE IN THE MIX ALRIGHT!

bernard-minet-club-dorothee.gif

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
That's another problem in itself tbh

I say Boudreau #YOLO

If it worked for the Canucks it can work for us.
What about Boudreau "worked for the Canucks"?

He didn't even last a full season, and the nucks missed the playoffs in both partial seasons he was HC in

:dunno:

Just checking did HuGo mean in the mix for a playoff spot or 1OA?
Right now we are tied (pts) for a WC spot...

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
MSL isn't anywhere near being fired.

The team lacks experience and strong defenders. That's a hell of a lot better position to be in than having strong experienced defenders but no talent/scoring, like we've had for the past 3 decades.

The problems are fixable and the most important thing - talent - is abundant both in the current roster and the prospect pool

Stive Morgan

A Symphony of Horror
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
What about Boudreau "worked for the Canucks"?

He didn't even last a full season, and the nucks missed the playoffs in both partial seasons he was HC in

:dunno:

Right now we are tied (pts) for a WC spot...
The "new head coach" boost, except this team with a real coach who has a Jack Adams and the 2nd highest winning % in NHL history instead of a peewee coach.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
There is nothing wrong with losing games but there is something very wrong with losing games while looking like you have no desire to win them. That was just a lot of lazy looking hockey, for a young team they look tired and slow.
Yep,and they were told to come out strong and not give LA any confidence.If not for Monty were done in the first.This coach has this team so confused it's glaring.What happened to the wolf pack mentality ? they targeted our players on a few occasions with no push back,he's got Arber scared to make a mistake again and basically neutered.they're actually regressing and the development is starting to go in the wrong direction but meanwhile Eric bagels and Stew crowbait praise this coach like he can walk on water,thanks but i'll take Carbonneau's honest opinion on the whole game play situation.I said it before I'll say it again you can't build a team and an entire coaching staff at the same time,who the f%&$ck would pay good money to GUESS who's going to show up ,Jeckyll or Hyde ?

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Let s look at the team in terms of draft year :
D+6 - D+8 - D+3
D+6 - D+6 - D+ 14
D+15 - D+11 - D +13
D+5 - D+11 - D+4

D+13 - D+5
D+3 - D+16
D+6 - D+5

The excuse of young team developping just does not fly anymore. The vets are not worth their salaries but still NHLers, yyou can definitely see Matheson and Savard on 2nd and 3rd pairing of a contender, Anderson Gallagher Evans Dvorak Armia on any bottom 6. Either this new core is not good enough or the coaching is not good enough, that s it. This management is good in communication but communication is only justification for the shitshow they show night after night. This is one of the worst hockey performance I have seen.

I am patient about the results, and I have been defending some young guys BUT the product on the ice is just unacceptable right now, no fight, no structure, no transition game, no ability to cycle the puck. You can t always be outshot and running after the puck if you are supposed to be an offense first team.

Reactions: ReHabs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Complete non-sense to put this on Nick, total joke.
He is the Captain and deserves some blame for how unprepared this team is but I think it's mostly on MSL.
Like I have said it's not about wins and loses during a rebuild...it's about seeing glimpses of progress and matching the effort of the opposing team...get in shooting lanes, block shots, forecheck hard, simply outwork the other guy. That's why I no longer watch, they don't bring a good enough effort.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
He is the Captain and deserves some blame for how unprepared this team is but I think it's mostly on MSL.
Like I have said it's not about wins and loses during a rebuild...it's about seeing glimpses of progress and matching the effort of the opposing team...get in shooting lanes, block shots, forecheck hard, simply outwork the other guy. That's why I no longer watch, they don't bring a good enough effort.
I'm genuinely not excited about Sat night hockey AGAIN ! because if they win we can only guess what the next game will be like.Boring ,predictable ,no consistency hockey is where were at again so early in the season.Robidas is our new Burrows but honestly he's been putrid since day one,time to tell Marty who his assistants should be because this is getting ugly quick this year,sorry Marty the honeymoon is over.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Losing two games in a row at HOME…. And the way they did it. It is very concerning.
👍

I'm genuinely not excited about Sat night hockey AGAIN ! because if they win we can only guess what the next game will be like.Boring ,predictable ,no consistency hockey is where were at again so early in the season.Robidas is our new Burrows but honestly he's been putrid since day one,time to tell Marty who his assistants should be because this is getting ugly quick this year,sorry Marty the honeymoon is over.
Not impressed with the coaches assembled.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Ehh Caufield did improve in pretty much everything besides goalscoring last year. I'm content with his development so far even if we aren't getting 50 goal seasons out of him (let's face it that wrister alone wasn't going to fool NHL goalies forever).
Caufield is literally making Suzuki a bad player

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Will that same patience apply to Justin Barron?

Wifi isn’t an everyday nhl D, it’s obvious, the guy is a dumpster fire most nights.
The difference is Xhekaj can be and probably should be returned to Laval for a re-tune.
Does he even feel like he's part of the team right now?

Losing two games in a row at HOME…. And the way they did it. It is very concerning.
1 decent game in 5 is not acceptable and I don't consider that Leafs game a good game.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Missed a good one! :eyeroll:

Sounds like things went down the drain after the Matheson injury.

Anyway good for the tank and also if MM is out MSL will have to trust Hutson on PP1 right boys?

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
This was the worst game of the year - Marty better show some backbone here and bag-skate the hell out of the group.

The issue last night, which was an extension of issues from the previous games was just a lack of cohesion and moving their feet.

The forecheck is aimless with people gliding and happy to stay a stick length and a half away from the guy they are shadowing.

Push the pace, up the aggression on the puck, get on the same page.

They didn't get out-talented, they got out worked.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Going by the players "excuses" after the game, this team is just going to use the bucket "we are a
young team
" to explain why they can't do basic hockey learned 10+ years ago.

The players just do not care. They want to play golf right now, not hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad