Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Orlov probably wants too much money
Bertuzzi probably wants too much term
Hathaway and Nosek will probably be too expensive for the 4th line.

All fair points. I guessed Orlov would be gone, and Nosek too since he priced himself out of his job. Hathaway I though had a good chance of coming back, and Bert was the oen I wanted to keep and it sounded like they were agreed on the dollars and hadn't agreed on term but they were stil talking. I guess we'll see. I'd hate that we gave up all that we did, plus created worse cap hell just for a sorry first round exit.

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA

I didn't see the presser, but this sounds like KPD inferring. I put little stock in what GMs say publicly and even less into what the media reads into those statements.

Notwithstanding the above, if the difference with Bertuzzi's camp is term and the Bruins aren't willing to go 7 or 8 years and he thinks he can get 7 on the market, then he may be gone. I mean, Bruins needed to move out salary regardless, just sucks that it would have to be Hall if Bertuzzi wasn't going to re-sign; which is why I think they have an indication from his camp that there's a deal to be made here.

Reactions: Gordoff

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Hard to pinpoint how I feel about all of this. One one hand I’m sad that this may finally be the end of the road for this era. On the other hand I’m looking forward to the next era and whatever that brings.

Ultimately the bill seems to becoming due for all the attempted runs and attempts at keeping the window open.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Assuming neither Nosek or Hathaway get massive raises, they absolutely have money for those two and Bert today.

Sure they'll have to move out more cap to fill out the remainder of the roster,
but let's not act like they have 2 mil in space currently.
So they have space they just need to make space to fill out the roster. . . Got it

Friedman also said on the JMS that Bertuzzi is our #1 priority and that we've been telling him to wait for us to clear cap space. So I'm not taking KPD's interpretation of Sweeney's meaning as gospel.
That was the same song they had for Hall then he signed in Buffalo.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Was just reading the B's are operating under the assumption no Bergy/Krejci

If so, anyone think it's possible to sign Bergy before the deadline depending where the team is for a playoff run? Is that still a thing that can happen? I feel it's happened before with a few guys

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Reading some of the comments on here we should remember that until last season (IMO) Sweeney sucked, why do we think one good regular season would change that? Because of his ineptitude in signing guys like Reilly, Forbort, Grizz, Coyle and John Moore to stupid contracts he is now having to let very good players like Bertuzzi and Hall walk for nothing or next to nothing.

Also playing into this mess is his drafting, Jack Studnicka, Urho Vaakanainen, Axel Andersson, Zachary Senyshyn, JFK and others have put them in a position of having a weak prospect pool and no one to take top 6, or lower, forward minutes or any D being ready to replace Grizz, Forbort, Reilly, Clifton.

This rests on Sweengenius and if he goes into next year with Zacha, Coyle, Merkalov and Frederic as his top 4 center the only good that will come of it will be his time in Boston finally ending.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Reading some of the comments on here we should remember that until last season (IMO) Sweeney sucked, why do we think one good regular season would change that? Because of his ineptitude in signing guys like Reilly, Forbort, Grizz, Coyle and John Moore to stupid contracts he is now having to let very good players like Bertuzzi and Hall walk for nothing or next to nothing.

Also playing into this mess is his drafting, Jack Studnicka, Urho Vaakanainen, Axel Andersson, Zachary Senyshyn, JFK and others have put them in a position of having a weak prospect pool and no one to take top 6, or lower, forward minutes or any D being ready to replace Grizz, Forbort, Reilly, Clifton.

This rests on Sweengenius and if he goes into next year with Zacha, Coyle, Merkalov and Frederic as his top 4 center the only good that will come of it will be his time in Boston finally ending.

This trade was an eerie reminder that this past season was an outlier success for Sweeney. Back to smartest man in the room syndrome. The next move will be telling.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

He pulled some big ass rabbits out of his hat since two trade deadlines ago. Likely win the GM of the year award after icing the best Bruins team on paper in my lifetime.

It's funny to see the Sweeney sucks crowd find their voices again

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Was just reading the B's are operating under the assumption no Bergy/Krejci

If so, anyone think it's possible to sign Bergy before the deadline depending where the team is for a playoff run? Is that still a thing that can happen? I feel it's happened before with a few guys
I feel like with Bergy it will be the full season or nothing. I think once he’s done he’s done. Plus I don’t really have the Bruins making the playoffs next season. I think this off-season is going to be a shakeup and retool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad