Speculation: 2024/25 Trade Rumours, Speculation etc Thread

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I feel like I have argued this a hundred times over. When you don’t have a better opinion give your best prospect at the position a chance to show he his the better option.
I was convinced that Lambert would be a top 6 injury call up this season but if that 2nd line keeps struggling, I could see an injury anywhere in the forward group meaning a Names demotion and Lambert slotting in there

Looking at it month by month you can see how middle 6 driven this team was. The top line had one month here they carried the team at 5v5 but hey no biggie!

I like how it's "prove kc can produce with names" "who drives that line?" meanwhile we have ehlers producing with names last year.
And ofc ppl shit on ehlers' production despite playing with this "4th line C" when in fact given his TOI his production is some of the best in the league.

If KC is some top 10 winger, then he should be the Jets' Patrick Kane, not ehlers.
I don't think anyone shits on Ehlers production (regular season lol) and I can't recall anyone calling Connor a top 10 forward. If anything, he's an elite offensive forward with multiple big flaws in his game

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, he's what we got. Kind of a seperate issue from the Ehlers Connor usage wars but I think ideally he is a 4C on a Cup team yes

But he arguably played like a $4-5M player last year so not bad.
Connor is evaluated much higher across the league than on this board. In most lists he is in the top 40 -60 players in the NHL. Our board seems to be uniquely oblivious to his exceptional goal scoring ability. There is maybe 1 or 2 teams that a player with his goal scoring ability doesn’t play with the #1 center. Especially if he isn’t a play driver on his own.

Reactions: Jets 31

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Namestnikov isn't a scorer but he drives play pretty well. It's one of the reason the line didn't really do any better 5v5 with Monahan than it did with him. Monahan scored but didn't drive play.

Perfetti-Namestnikov-Iafallo even did really well last year when together. If that line could do well I see no reason to fear them drowning with Connor there...

EDIT: beaten to it...
Based on last year the second line was fine, registering a positive goal differential every month.

The middle 6 really was overall V good, including with Namestnikov. The top line on the other hand outside of one month.... Oh wait is GF vs GA fancy stats :sarcasm:

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Connor is evaluated much higher across the league than on this board. In most lists he is in the top 40 -60 players in the NHL. Our board seems to be uniquely oblivious to his exceptional goal scoring ability. There is maybe 1 or 2 teams that a player with his goal scoring ability doesn’t play with the #1 center. Especially if he isn’t a play driver on his own.
No one is oblivious to his goal scoring ability lol. For instance, plenty of people recognize his best goal scoring season came primarily away from scheifele.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If we're cherry picking 15 game sample sizes, we should do the 15 games that led up to Connors injury. 11-4 with a goal differential of +30. I didn't sort it out by stregth because it doesn't matter
You are trying bro, but you'll never win. These people actually think they are smarter than our coach. Because of a stat line in the past.

Look at the Jets stats this year.

Not a single player in the negative category. Even 81/55 are in the positive in goal differential and the beloved Corsi. But not 5 on 5, because they scored 3-3, they scored with goalie pulled, twice, damn that wasn't a nice set play with Adam Lowry winning a big draw, all that matters is that Helly gave us a couple of soft goals with them on the ice, so Ehlers, we need Ehlers, or we will cry the loudest.

These guys don't even listen to the coach talk about possession time, because they don't have access to those stats, only shot based metrics.

It's a joke. You'll never win though, because some people believe the matrix is in the stats. They don't have any respect for all the coaching clinics, and years Arniel has been around. Just stats. Interpreted their way, to fit their argument. 3 different coaches are all wrong, and these guys are right. That's all you need to know.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Are we talking about what's best for Connor goal totals or the team?

Based on last year the second line was fine, registering a positive goal differential every month.

The middle 6 really was overall V good, including with Namestnikov. The top line on the other hand outside of one month.... Oh wait is GF vs GA fancy stats :sarcasm:
Yup...

Reactions: hn777

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
You are trying bro, but you'll never win. These people actually think they are smarter than our coach. Because of a stat line in the past.

Not a single player in the negative category. Even 81/55 are in the positive in goal differential and the beloved Corsi. But not 5 on 5, because they scored 3-3, they scored with goalie pulled, twice, damn that wasn't a nice set play with Adam Lowry winning a big draw, all that matters is that Helly gave us a couple of soft goals with them on the ice, so Ehlers, we need Ehlers, or we will cry the loudest.

These guys don't even listen to the coach talk about possession time, because they don't have access to those stats, only shot based metrics.

It's a joke. You'll never win though, because some people believe the matrix is in the stats. They don't have any respect for all the coaching clinics, and years Arniel has been around. Just stats. Interpreted their way, to fit their argument. 3 different coaches are all wrong, and these guys are right. That's all you need to know.
It's not a joke, it's a lot of smart people recognizing a gap in the way we configure our lines based off years of data.

It's suggestions for improvement backed pretty strongly by that data.

We are talking about where an already good team has room to improve. How, and why.

If you want to defer to the coaches that's fine. Doesn't make everyone's conclusions any less valid. It's right there in plain sight if we want to see it.

Reactions: hn777 and WolfHouse

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It's not a joke, it's a lot of smart people recognizing a gap in the way we configure our lines based off years of data.

It's suggestions for improvement backed pretty strongly by that data.

We are talking about where an already good team has room to improve. How, and why.

If you want to defer to the coaches that's fine. Doesn't make everyone's conclusions any less valid. It's right there in plain sight if we want to see it.
Where was all that data when Samberg and Pionk were supposedly a good pairing last year. It's selective data, for a selective argument. Based on some love of Ehlers that if he isn't a top line player we are not the best we can be. So the 3 coaches who made that decision are wrong, and you guys are smarter?

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

It's not just "posters on this board with an agenda", there are guys who cover hockey at a national level with no dog in this fight like Dimitri Filipovic, JFresh, Dom Luschynshyn etc who have been saying the exact same thing, not to mention people like Murat who cover the Jets.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It's not just "posters on this board with an agenda", there are guys who cover hockey at a national level with no dog in this fight like Dimitri Filipovic, JFresh, Dom Luschynshyn etc who have been saying the exact same thing, not to mention people like Murat who cover the Jets.
How many of these people are hockey guys? I have never heard of one of them. Murat Ates what's his hockey background? Has he ever played in any pro hockey league? Is it possible that Connor and Scheifele can be good together? Do you think we win 2 rounds in the playoffs with Ehlers on the top line instead of Connor? I seem to remember Ehlers being out for game 1 and 2 against Edmonton and the Jets winning with Scheif and KC going head to head with Mc David on the road. I seem to remember that we started off well last year with those 2. And then the argument is we got hotter with KC out. People stepped up. That's hockey. I don't think there is any other fan base so obnoxiously pushing for a line combination than ours. And still bitching when we win.

Malcsta

Mar 15, 2024
Maybe it’s time to start a thread specifically to discuss the analytics of line combinations. :huh:
would it matter?
this is the trade/speculation thread, and people are still talking about line combinations. The "discussion" would eventually find its way back here. Hell, go look at Alfons Freij's prospect info thread, i'm sure even it's been brought up in there

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Are we talking about what's best for Connor goal totals or the team?

Yup...
I’ve been arguing all along that a team as a whole is the strongest when you balance out the talent throughout the team. You want to stack the 1st line I get it. But what is the evidence that makes us a stronger team as a whole? What are the other line combinations and why would they be better together and make us stronger throughout the team?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Where was all that data when Samberg and Pionk were supposedly a good pairing last year. It's selective data, for a selective argument. Based on some love of Ehlers that if he isn't a top line player we are not the best we can be. So the 3 coaches who made that decision are wrong, and you guys are smarter?
It's based on how significant the difference is in goals for and against when 81-55 and 27-55 team up.

That's the agenda. To do better as a team. And there is some real solid info telling us this is a way we can get better.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It's based on how significant the difference is in goals for and against when 81-55 and 27-55 team up.

That's the agenda. To do better as a team. And there is some real solid info telling us this is a way we can get better.
Have fun with this today. I have to work. The ASSES (acronym) will not stop until they have their way. I can't wait for the next stooge to ask Arniel about this. We're 3-0 btw. Let's keep it going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad