Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Playing around with the armchair Gm tool on capfriendly and came up with this.

- Sign Bertuzzi for Hall money (6 mil AAV, given him the extra years to make it work)
- Buyout Reilly
- Carlo to Cal for Lindholm (I would prefer Scheifele, but Lindholm has a better cap hit)
- Gryz and a 7th to LA for their 2nd
- Re-sign Hathaway for vet minimum
- Sign the three new RD's to league minimum deals
- Sign Freddy and Swayman for 2-3 mil each.

Marchand-Lindholm-DeBrusk
Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta
Lauko-Coyle-Lysell
Greer-Freddy-Hathaway
McLaughlin

Forbort-McAvoy
Lindholm-Mitchell
Zboril-Regula
Walsh

Ullmark
Swayman

It's kinda gross, and it barely fits under the cap, but I don't know what else we can realistically do.
Trade Ullmark and not completely gut the defense.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Until we know what’s going on down the middle at center, the whole picture remains cloudy.

Can’t really evaluate any of the moves they’ve made in a vacuum. Have to see what the finished product looks like.

I’m anxious to see what happens as the dominos begin to fall.

I hope Sweeney went into today knowing the fates of 37 and 46.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rather get a draft pick that two RFA who might not be more the minor league guys

I get that, but they also need to field a team next year, and needed to add a a few cheap defensemen in order to do so.

If their scouts actually like a couple of these guys, an think they can at least be in the 5-7 range at the NHL level next year, than that is way more valuable than a #2/#3 pick who might challenge for a role in 2027 if things go well

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Boston became weaker
Yes. I mean... everyone expected that after the past dominant season, right?

We knew last season was all-in. If we thought we were walking into next season with a stacked 130+ point team again, I would not put money on that.

Next season is likely a retool on the fly rather than scorched earth.

Of course IF they have horrid start, I'd say absolutely nothing is off the table as desperate GM's make desperate moves...

And we're off....lol

Retained with Reilly + Forbort at bare minimum going the other way... otherwise.... why?

Like... hasn;t Sweeney blown his load on LD the past x years?

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I agree we lose if it’s hall for bertuzzi. Worse if Bertuzzi moves to another team
We. Need. Cap. Space.

Hall with a positive return (albeit less than it could be)) is what the team needs.

Shedding actual players we want to get rid of is going to cost assets.

Hall was a player we don't want to get rid of, but if we can get value back, so be it.

EDIT: I thought we got a positive return, but turns out it wasn't.

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The Krug thing from NRD, and the Lucic shit... are we about to do this last dance thing again?
No, thank you.

1687818908978.jpeg

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
If we buy out Reilly, that leaves us about 13-14 million, is that enough to re-sign Bert, Freddy, Hathaway, and Swayman? Fill out the bottom six with Providence guys…Lauko, Mac, Steen, Merkulov, Lysell.

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Until we know what’s going on down the middle at center, the whole picture remains cloudy.

Can’t really evaluate any of the moves they’ve made in a vacuum. Have to see what the finished product looks like.

I’m anxious to see what happens as the dominos begin to fall.

I hope Sweeney went into today knowing the fates of 37 and 46.

I’d be very surprised if DS doesn’t already know the fate of both — my guess is they’re waiting until after the Awards ceremony to make any formal announcements.

Reactions: smithformeragent

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If we buy out Reilly, that leaves us about 13-14 million, is that enough to re-sign Bert, Freddy, Hathaway, and Swayman? Fill out the bottom six with Providence guys…Lauko, Mac, Steen, Merkulov, Lysell.

I gave Lauko & Mac $900k deals in CF ACGM. Added them along with the guys you have and bought out Reilly. There is now roughly $9.2 million in cap space to sign those 4 guys. You'd be sitting at a 22 man roster, so would likely need to have a 7th d-man signed as well.

Reactions: SPV

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
How many of the 16 teams he could be traded to do you think have cap space for a $6M winger? This is the NHL landscape right now. Remember Vegas trading Pacioretty for nothing last year?
I ask you what is Bertuzzi going to cost you to sign

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like Bertuzzi , but I just don't know if I would move Hall for him
I like Bertuzzi a whole lot. I think at this stages in their career he's an upgrade over Hall. I just feel if Sweeney going to spend the cap he just created it should be on a top 2 Center, but then again he'd have to give up assets, so maybe there's a hockey trade out there where the salary's are pretty much a wash and he can bring in that center and get Bert signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad