Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I agree we lose if it’s hall for bertuzzi. Worse if Bertuzzi moves to another team
If Bertuzzi doesn't re-sign, DeBrusk/Marchand will fit fine with Zacha and Pastrnak. The question would then be, who plays C and RW on a line with Marchand/DeBrusk?

Reactions: Gordoff

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Sweeney is no idiot. Bertuzzi is not worth over four years IMO with his history He should take a 4/24 and run if he wants to play here.
After pigeon holing the team in cap hell and getting back a bag of pucks for Hall?

If DS could do better... He would have got a couple of 3rds plus some salary back for Hall (50-60 pt scorer). Coming off solid playoff production.

Then use these picks to offload... Reilly, Forbort salaries

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
We have room to add Lindholm as the second line center with the Hall trade. I wonder if there is any plan to get rid of Ulmark. Is it possible that he can go for a first round pick? I believe his contract has a 16 team NTC. I think Edmonton would want to add a real goalie, but I'd be shocked if the Oilers are not on his list, no matter how good McDavid and Draisatl are.

My top three centers are Bergeron, Lindholm, and Coyle. I don't know who would be the 4th line center. I also think Lauko is up full time in Boston this year.

I am unclear on the defense situation. I liked Orlov and had a guess he is not coming back, but I am starting to doubt that. I believe Boston trades Grzelcyk.

McAvoy
H Lindholm
Carlo
Orlov
Forbort?
Clifton?

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Sure teams could use Hall in their top 6. But why give up an asset when the Bruins are willing to give him to you for free? Don't blame the buyers, blame the sellers.
I don't disagree with you there. The Blackhawks did well. They don't actually need Hall. As other posters have said, they're going to pump his numbers and trade him at the deadline.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Playing around with the armchair Gm tool on capfriendly and came up with this.

- Sign Bertuzzi for Hall money (6 mil AAV, given him the extra years to make it work)
- Buyout Reilly
- Carlo to Cal for Lindholm (I would prefer Scheifele, but Lindholm has a better cap hit)
- Gryz and a 7th to LA for their 2nd
- Re-sign Hathaway for vet minimum
- Sign the three new RD's to league minimum deals
- Sign Freddy and Swayman for 2-3 mil each.

Marchand-Lindholm-DeBrusk
Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta
Lauko-Coyle-Lysell
Greer-Freddy-Hathaway
McLaughlin

Forbort-McAvoy
Lindholm-Mitchell
Zboril-Regula
Walsh

Ullmark
Swayman

It's kinda gross, and it barely fits under the cap, but I don't know what else we can realistically do.

Reactions: Gordoff and GoBs

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bertuzzi is a target... but if that doesn't workout.... Bruins/Monty can get Barbachev to sign ?

Barbie didnt produce in the regular season/like the season prior. No Monty likely had something to do with it. Had a solid playoff run. Including that big hit.

5x4-5m per?

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I heard from Frank Seravalli via Sportsnet interview that Nashville is no longer shopping Saros so maybe the Goalie market will pay better dividends now once Hellebuyck finds a landing spot, Sway or Ullmark should give us a decent return. Keep both and I think we make the playoffs based the elite tandem stealing more than a few games, trade one and roll the dice with the free cap space based acquisition. He said Kings, Edmonton and Seattle could be looking for Goalie help ..although he did say Seattle might be happy enough with PG's playoff performance.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Playing around with the armchair Gm tool on capfriendly and came up with this.

- Sign Bertuzzi for Hall money (6 mil AAV, given him the extra years to make it work)
- Buyout Reilly
- Carlo to Cal for Lindholm (I would prefer Scheifele, but Lindholm has a better cap hit)
- Gryz and a 7th to LA for their 2nd
- Re-sign Hathaway for vet minimum
- Sign the three new RD's to league minimum deals
- Sign Freddy and Swayman for 2-3 mil each.

Marchand-Lindholm-DeBrusk
Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta
Lauko-Coyle-Lysell
Greer-Freddy-Hathaway
McLaughlin

Forbort-McAvoy
Lindholm-Mitchell
Zboril-Regula
Walsh

Ullmark
Swayman

It's kinda gross, and it barely fits under the cap, but I don't know what else we can realistically do.
Carlo alone is not going to bring back someone like Lindholm. No way.

I think the Flame resign him if anything. Dump 3 - Toffoli, Hanafin, Zadarov, Tanev contracts. To make it work.

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
$6M in cap space is valuable. i think it's a fair return for hall personally.
A fair return when you’re over the barrel, right? Otherwise you gave up a top 6 forward (more accurately top3-4) on a decent contract for two guys who will never play for you. If a team in decent cap spot made that deal they’d be killed for it wouldn’t they?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Some detail, per BHN,

Regula, 22, has 12 goals and 39 assists for 51 points in three seasons with the Rockford IceHogs (AHL). The 6-foot-4, 218-pound defenseman has played in 22 career NHL games for the Blackhawks. He was originally drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in the third round (67th overall) of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.

Mitchell, 24, has played in 82 career NHL games for the Blackhawks and has four goals and 12 assists in three NHL seasons. The 5-foot-11, 173-pound blue liner also played in 67 career AHL games for the IceHogs, with 13 goals and 29 assists. Chicago initially selected him in the second round (26th overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Shortly after announcing this trade, the Bruins announced that they had acquired defenseman Reilly Walsh from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forward Shane Bowers. Walsh, 24, has appeared in 174 career AHL games for the Utica Comets, recording 23 goals and 76 assists for 99 points in three seasons. The 6-foot, 185-pound Framingham, Massachusetts native was originally drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the third round (81st overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Shortly after announcing this trade, the Bruins announced that they had acquired defenseman Reilly Walsh from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forward Shane Bowers. Walsh, 24, has appeared in 174 career AHL games for the Utica Comets, recording 23 goals and 76 assists for 99 points in three seasons. The 6-foot, 185-pound Framingham, Massachusetts native was originally drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the third round (81st overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Does moving Hall give them enough space to sign Bert + Hathaway?

What if they trade years for AAV? 6Y-7Y deal.

Does moving Hall give them enough space to sign Bert + Hathaway?

What if they trade years for AAV? 6Y/

This was a fantastic move in my opinion and I don’t really get the opposition to it. That they relieved themselves of Foligno is bonus.

Foligno was walking regardless.

Reactions: NeelyDan

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
A fair return when you’re over the barrel, right? Otherwise you gave up a top 6 forward (more accurately top3-4) on a decent contract for two guys who will never play for you. If a team in decent cap spot made that deal they’d be killed for it wouldn’t they?
certainly their situation played a role in that, but it is what it is. we'll see what the roster
looks like in a week.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
After pigeon holing the team in cap hell and getting back a bag of pucks for Hall?

If DS could do better... He would have got a couple of 3rds plus some salary back for Hall (50-60 pt scorer). Coming off solid playoff production.

Then use these picks to offload... Reilly, Forbort salaries

The trade Sweeney got was probably as good as it gets for an often injured player entering the final few years of his career making over 6 million.

If anything, Hall will get a boost playing with an elite talent like Bedard as opposed to Coyle.

I like Hall and I was stoked when we picked him up. He ended up being a good soldier and doing what the Bruins wanted.But I can't help feel a little underwhelmed with his body of work as a Bruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad