Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Second buyout has a minimum that you can buyout. Just over $4.5 million.

So, unless they buyout Pasta, McAvoy, Coyle, Lindholm or Marchand, it doesn't help them.

In other news, hearing that the difference of opinion with Bertuzzi camp is term and not $$$
That’s good news IMO most of the time teams and players can find some meeting ground on years but to have the money part not be the issue is solid news.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Is this the insane news that was recently twitted?

This is anything but that....for the Bruins. It helps no doubt... thats about it

I would suggest that this is almost certainly not the insane rumor. If there even was a true insane rumor. I guess it is possible that this was what was left of a deal that fell apart, who knows

I suspect there are 1-3 moves still coming

Reactions: rocketdan9

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I will be surprised if Ullmark or Swayman are moved now. I think if the Bruins move Grzelcyk and buyout Reilly and Forbort, they will be able to keep both goalies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I would suggest that this is almost certainly not the insane rumor. If there even was a true insane rumor. I guess it is possible that this was what was left of a deal that fell apart, who knows

I suspect there are 1-3 moves still coming
Agreed

Not insane... but Hall for Hanifin? Made sense for both sides

The issue: Bruins found no takers/dump salary - other moves

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
God this is so tiresome, Dan. Any criticism you don't like you just accuse everyone of parroting Felger and Mazz instead of actually engaging in what people are saying.

I get it, you love Sweeney and think he can do no wrong while people like Lou and me are just morons.

He's just upset we wouldn't let him join the zombie club. There's still time @DKH, you just need to fill out a quick application.

Reactions: EverettMike

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
There’s something about signing Bertuzzi for 7m that gives me major bad vibes.

Gonna miss Hall too, but I get the move. Wish we could’ve got literally anything for him instead of two complete throwaways

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
So if none of the kids we brought in today are waiver exempt, what are the odds we don't qualify at least one of them? I don't watch a ton of AHL games so someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but Walsh and Regula both seem like guys worth giving a shot in training camp. But I think we could let Mitchell walk and not be losing out on anything.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Second buyout has a minimum that you can buyout. Just over $4.5 million.

So, unless they buyout Pasta, McAvoy, Coyle, Lindholm or Marchand, it doesn't help them.

In other news, hearing that the difference of opinion with Bertuzzi camp is term and not $$$

Interesting, seem like that was the rumor issue with DET & Bertuzzi as well.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I understand they arent great assets, but at least there is some youth and potential there compared to Galchenyuk.

The best "asset" back is the 6 mil in cap space.
I understand it was done for cap space. Obviously. But if either Regula or Mitchell are playing as anything more than a 7d then I'd be shocked. It wasnt a bad deal. It is what it is.

Reactions: NDiesel

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
There’s something about signing Bertuzzi for 7m that gives me major bad vibes.

Gonna miss Hall too, but I get the move. Wish we could’ve got literally anything for him instead of two complete throwaways
Its likely what it will take to get it done

Bertuzzi was one of the top forwards in the playoffs (1st round)

That tip in goal was big(or should have been). Nothing fancy/forcing... just finding ways to get the job done

Reactions: G Backup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad