Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Seriously, though, Taylor Hall with just two years left had no trade value beyond a pure dump?

That's f***ing preposterous. But tell me again what a genius Evan Gold is.
How many of the 16 teams he could be traded to do you think have cap space for a $6M winger? This is the NHL landscape right now. Remember Vegas trading Pacioretty for nothing last year?

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Seriously, though, Taylor Hall with just two years left had no trade value beyond a pure dump?

Even Gould needs to be crusafried on Felgah & Mazz hockey minute

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Ryan Johansen at 4 Mil for 2 years with 8 less points (in 6 less games) than Hall just went for the rights to Galchenyuk....but sure let's complain about how clearing 6 mil brought back some actual assets.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Even Gould needs to be crusafried on Felgah & Mazz hockey minute

God this is so tiresome, Dan. Any criticism you don't like you just accuse everyone of parroting Felger and Mazz instead of actually engaging in what people are saying.

I get it, you love Sweeney and think he can do no wrong while people like Lou and me are just morons.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014

It just goes to show that 70% of the teams in this league are not actually looking to improve. And the teams that are, they're cap-strapped. You're telling me not one team could use Hall in their top 6 for 6M? And they give up a 2nd or even a 3rd? Not like he's signed to 39 years old.

Reactions: EverettMike

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
True, unless Freddy or Sway go to arbitration. Then there is a second window.
Second buyout has a minimum that you can buyout. Just over $4.5 million.

So, unless they buyout Pasta, McAvoy, Coyle, Lindholm or Marchand, it doesn't help them.

In other news, hearing that the difference of opinion with Bertuzzi camp is term and not $$$

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Ryan Johansen at 4 Mil for 2 years with 8 less points than Hall just went for the rights to Galchenyuk....but sure let's complain about how clearing 6 mil brought back some actual assets.

It brought back the rights to two RFAs, right? One of whom we probably don't even want to sign. "Actual assets" is technically right, I guess, but technically right is the least impressive kind of right.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
It brought back the rights to two RFAs, right? One of whom we probably don't even want to sign. "Actual assets" is technically right, I guess, but technically right is the least impressive kind of right.
I mean we know that Galchenyuk is what he is and probably doesn't even play in the NHL...word from Hawks fans is Regula isnt too bad and deserves a shot.

Point being thats the cost of cap space right now.

Stu Pidassle

Feb 7, 2013
Boston North Shore
I have no love for him but the cheap shit went out the window with the Cap. Hell, he spent real dollars over the Cap this year in the go for it mode.
It was always unclear how much of the pre-cap cheapness was Sinden's unwillingness to change with the times vs a hard budget from the top. As you say spending has not been an issue since the cap. Otherwise Jacobs has provided stable ownership and allows his hockey people to run the team without meddling. He gets flack because he treats the team as a business and the fact that he looks like Montgomery Burns. It could be much worse.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

So, unless they buyout Pasta, McAvoy, Coyle, Lindholm or Marchand, it doesn't help them.

In other news, hearing that the difference of opinion with Bertuzzi camp is term and not $$$

thats why like having you here. I never mind being corrected. I learn.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
God this is so tiresome, Dan. Any criticism you don't like you just accuse everyone of parroting Felger and Mazz instead of actually engaging in what people are saying.

I get it, you love Sweeney and think he can do no wrong while people like Lou and me are just morons.
Mike I am putting you with Lou on ignore

How dare you attack me

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Is this the insane news that was recently twitted?

This is anything but that....for the Bruins. It helps no doubt... thats about it

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ryan Johansen at 4 Mil for 2 years with 8 less points (in 6 less games) than Hall just went for the rights to Galchenyuk....but sure let's complain about how clearing 6 mil brought back some actual assets.
What kind of assets do you think Regular and Mitchell are?

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

Teams know they bruins are bent over and can say no unless you add shit. they fact that they didn't have to add shit is good by me.

you are already limited to half the teams in the league, you then have to dilute that further to any one of those 16 teams that are a) Interested and b) have space to take his salary into their plans this and next year.

its not rocket science

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It just goes to show that 70% of the teams in this league are not actually looking to improve. And the teams that are, they're cap-strapped. You're telling me not one team could use Hall in their top 6 for 6M? And they give up a 2nd or even a 3rd? Not like he's signed to 39 years old.
Sure teams could use Hall in their top 6. But why give up an asset when the Bruins are willing to give him to you for free? Don't blame the buyers, blame the sellers.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Term and not $$$ is actually good to hear honestly.

If it ages poorly the last year or so, whatever.

Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad