2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Concerning Carlsson, maybe moving up could be a realistic option to get him assuming a team in the top 3 really likes Michkov and knows he will surely fall to 5 (imo CHI). Lets say this is the draft order :
1. ANA : Bedard
2. CLB : Fantilli
3. CHI :
4. SJ :
5. MTL :

As I see it, SJ would surely take Carlsson if hes there at 4th, but they might be scared of Michkov especially with a guy like Smith available. So, lets say CHI knows that and also wants to add more picks, maybe they call KH knowing he surely loves Carlsson and asks him for the 5th OA and 37th OA. That way, CHI could get the guy they're taking anyway + a high second, and MTL secures a superb player in Carlsson (who's imo is much better than Smith).

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
He also said that he think Smith is their guy.
This is just like the PLD draft and Bergy wanted him but guess what…just like PLD he’s not gonna be around Hughes Lol
#ShouldaTankedHarder

Last edited:

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
From u18s, Carey Terrance (C) was really impressive to me. He's someone I didn't watch a lot this year. He put up 30g for Eerie, and was one of US's best players in Final. Andrew Gibson (RD), Sudbury Wolves, was far & away Canada's best defenseman.

Really wish we could grab a 50+ 2nd round pick.
Terrance is good. Mid-late 2nd…solid pick, IMO.

Gibson, we both like. Soo, though, not Sudbury. :)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah, ranked in that 50-62 range. Kid can really skate, and loves the inside game. He was always at the net, or slot. Really stood out in good ways for Team US. One of their best players outside of Smith, Leonard & Moore.

He's not there at our 3rd pick, I don't think.
Probably could package our 4th with our 3rd to move up in draft? We have extra 4ths.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If the Habs skip on Michkov and pick a low ceiling, safe player with sub-PPG upside I think we can start a “Need a cruel nickname for our idiot GM thread” and my proposal will be K-nt Hughes.

A lot can change between now and the draft. No point getting heated about it… But I wish the Montreal media would ask the Habs organization about their discrimination policies before the draft. After the draft is irrelevant, fans will eat up any garbage put out but the organization at that point.

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

I'm rooting for this kid. Rare player on the US team that wasn't handed everything and competed hard in local tournaments to get recognized.

His family is also very hopeful he’ll get drafted by Montreal/Ottawa so he can stay local. I really hope Montreal grabs him.

He’s a very humble kid , I think his future is bright.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

WARNING: This is not McKenzie's personal rankings. He polled NHL scouts.

1. Bedard
2. Fantilli
3. Smith
4. Carlsson
5. Michkov
6. Dvorsky
7. Leonard
8. Benson
9. Perreault
10. Reinbacher
11. Barlow
12. Wood

Wood at 12, Reinbacher at 10. Yeah, I can see both of these guys getting reached for in the top 10.

But still not sure if Wood is worth a 25th pick overall. Real tough call there.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
If the Habs skip on Michkov and pick a low ceiling, safe player with sub-PPG upside I think we can start a “Need a cruel nickname for our idiot GM thread” and my proposal will be K-nt Hughes.

A lot can change between now and the draft. No point getting heated about it… But I wish the Montreal media would ask the Habs organization about their discrimination policies before the draft. After the draft is irrelevant, fans will eat up any garbage put out but the organization at that point.
If Kent Hughes and other GMs who skip over selecting Michkov is because they have the necessary Intel to make that decision. It is what it is...no need to play the blame game.
I am assuming Bobrov has connections in Russia to make the correct assessment on the matter of bringing over Michkov.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If Kent Hughes and other GMs who skip over selecting Michkov is because they have the necessary Intel to make that decision. It is what it is...no need to play the blame game.
I am assuming Bobrov has connections in Russia to make the correct assessment on the matter of bringing over Michkov.
Not just Michkov — Smith has high upside too. We need a skill player who can produce, is what I’m saying.

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium