2023 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
More rankings, this time from Sportsnet

Jason Bukala actually has Leonard at 5 and Smith at 6.

From u18s, Carey Terrance (C) was really impressive to me. He's someone I didn't watch a lot this year. He put up 30g for Eerie, and was one of US's best players in Final. Andrew Gibson (RD), Sudbury Wolves, was far & away Canada's best defenseman.

Really wish we could grab a 50+ 2nd round pick.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
More rankings, this time from Sportsnet

Jason Bukala actually has Leonard at 5 and Smith at 6.

Really interesting and complete !

For those asking, Jason Bukala was director of Scouting with the Panthers between 2016 and 2020

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm not pushing for a goalie at 5. But, in the 29-32nd range wouldn't be so bad, particularly if we have done some proper scouting and know what we are getting. I am a bad judge of tender prospects, so I won't argue with you.

But assuming we take a forward with our pick, we will have a ton of young depth up and down the lineup at F and D. G needs to be filled for us.

Top 6 forwards for the future
2023 top 5
Suzuki
Caufield
Dach
Slaf
PLD (hopefully)

Bottom 6 futures
Farrell
Roy
Kidney
Heinemen
Beck
Mesar
RHP

Defensive futures
Guhle - top pair potential
Hutson - top pair potential
Barron - 2nd/3rd pair potential
Mailloux - 2nd /3rd pair potential
Axe - 3rd/2nd pair potential
Harris - 3rd/2nd pair potential
Engstrom - 3rd pair potential
Struble - 3rd pair potential

Goalie futures
Monty
Dobes
Primeau
Dichow

We have high end futures in the forward category (that top 6) , defensive category (Guhle, Barron Hutson and Mailloux) plus a ton of other NHL ready guys that can take leaps in development.

Those goalie futures are lacking a game stealer. I don't see it in any of them. Maybe Hrabel is that guy?
I’d say Roy definitely has top 6 potential. Heineman too. It’s very rare a team has pure skill high end upside in their top6. I get the feeling Heineman could round out a top 6 quite well. He may lack Roy’s upside but I think Heineman is just very projectable and is a bit more of a sure thing.
I would love for a blue chip forward to fall in our lap but even the 4 you mentioned is a pretty damn good core potentially. Dach, slaf and Cauf still have a lot of room to get better. Even Zuke once he gets real linemates

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
It would actually be pretty funny if we took Slovakian Brock Nelson. It's like we are literally not allowed to have a point per game player ever again. As a fan I literally could not care less to draft another second liner. I would rather they take a chance on Michkov even if it was 75 percent he wouldn't come over because im just so sick of seeing our leading scorer be 80th in the league. And yes I know we will not be taking Michkov.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Really interesting and complete !

For those asking, Jason Bukala was director of Scouting with the Panthers between 2016 and 2020

There is a reason why he is no longer a scout.

He was an enormous failure and much like Button had to go to television to find a job because they were outed as being incompetent.

Reactions: Runner77

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
From u18s, Carey Terrance (C) was really impressive to me. He's someone I didn't watch a lot this year. He put up 30g for Eerie, and was one of US's best players in Final. Andrew Gibson (RD), Sudbury Wolves, was far & away Canada's best defenseman.

Really wish we could grab a 50+ 2nd round pick.

My boss knows him very well, he’s a great kid.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad