2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good news is - we are winning Bedard.

Other news is - if we are unwilling to pick Michkov or we drop a spot or two at all, I just need to accept I'm not gonna be head over heels in love with whoever they select.

Gonna have to trust in the development staff.

Michkov is going to be there. Will Smith at #3. One scout says he has him #2.

4 centers: Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli & Smith.

If we stay at #5.

Reactions: Gravity

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Honestly, I was expecting Smith to be 4 or 5...3rd is higher than I thought, but with the rumours that the Blue Jackets really love him, anything is possible.

Reactions: Gravity

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I mean I know it's not all about size, but you draft somebody like Carlsson, and your top 6 (In hoping they land Dubois) in a couple of years could have some big boys..

Carlsson- 6 foot 3 (Could still grow)
Slafkovsky- 6 foot 3 (Could still grow)
Dubois- 6 foot 3
Dach- 6 foot 2

And Suzuki although not tall, is built like a tank.

Would be nice to be able to not hear the midget comment chirps from the other fan bases for once

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Brayden Yager could be there at 17 too, that's interesting

Mats Sundin :sarcasm:
Makes no sense that Yager and Benson would fall and Will Smith would rise with their end of season play lol. Total insanity lately from the scouting community, but to be fair, weve seen the exact same thing play out last year with Slaf too.

Its increasingly apparent that scouts put a premium on international play.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Brayden Yager could be there at 17 too, that's interesting

Mats Sundin :sarcasm:

1683297906769.png

They really need to bring back that "half a cantaloupe" style Jofa helmet

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Makes no sense that Yager and Benson would fall and Will Smith would rise with their end of season play lol. Total insanity lately from the scouting community, but to be fair, weve seen the exact same thing play out last year with Slaf too.

Just the fact that we could have a chance to have Leo Carlsson at 5 made my day !

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Michkov is going to be there. Will Smith at #3. One scout says he has him #2.

4 centers: Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli & Smith.

If we stay at #5.

I gotta stop falling in love with prospects.. the only time it worked out was when Caufield inexplicably dropped.

Carlsson got out of our range so I fell in love with Smith and now he's out of range.

Fuark

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I mean I know it's not all about size, but you draft somebody like Carlsson, and your top 6 (In hoping they land Dubois) in a couple of years could have some big boys..

Carlsson- 6 foot 3 (Could still grow)
Slafkovsky- 6 foot 3 (Could still grow)
Dubois- 6 foot 3
Dach- 6 foot 2

And Suzuki although not tall, is built like a tank.

Wold be nice to be able to not hear the midget comment chirps from the other fan bases for once
The roster list on the Habs site has Dach listed as 6'4".

Reactions: SlafySZN

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

It will readjust... don't forget last year Wright fell for legitimate reasons. This year the thing that scouts learned was just how damn good that USNDT was. I think them dominating like that really helped solidify the draft stock of those players... not just Smith (but obviously especially him)

Wood at 12 means we almost have no chance to get him at 17 even if the Leafs make a miracle comeback. f***.

Take him at 6 and cause an hfboards riot!!

:cheer:

• Haha
Reactions: Hope Of Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad