2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm surprised Dvorsky is at #6, he was at 9th in the mid-season rankings and the way people in here were talking about him, he should have been dropping, not climbing.

And a team in the top 10 will pick Reinbacher at this point.

Button's comparable for Michkov is interesting, foreshadowing him never playing for an NHL team...

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
It's looking more amd more like the top 4 picks will be Bedard, Fantilli, Carlson and Smith.

Which means it's looking more amd more like Michkov will be available at 5.

Want to hear what Habs fans opinion is on this scenario.

Habs go on the podium at pick 5 and they draft Leonard, Benson or Dvorsky or whatever and skip Michkov... what is your reaction?

Donypu draft Matvei or not?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I gotta stop falling in love with prospects.. the only time it worked out was when Caufield inexplicably dropped.

Carlsson got out of our range so I fell in love with Smith and now he's out of range.

Fuark
You got KK, McCarron, and Galchenyuk lol so maybe it’s better if the guys you love don’t fall to us ;)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's looking more amd more like the top 4 picks will be Bedard, Fantilli, Carlson and Smith.

Habs got on the podium at pick 5 and they draft Benson or Dvorsky or whatever and skip on Michkov... what is your reaction?
I will understand. Mitchkov is a great talent that might never play in the nhl and for sure wont be playing for the next 3 years without being even able to control his development

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Wood is okay but I can’t handle taking another top of the draft pick where we cross our fingers that his bad skating doesn’t hold him back. And it’s not even just being slow, the mechanics are ugly. There’s just too many good players in the Top 10 for him to make any sense.

Goalfield13

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but what would stop Mitchkov from saving his pennies year 1 and 2 of his contract to buy out year 3? If he is drafted by the Habs, we are not shy on providing sweet signing bonuses, so he will be in good shape financially pretty quickly. Is his KHL contract backloaded?

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I'm surprised Dvorsky is at #6, he was at 9th in the mid-season rankings and the way people in here were talking about him, he should have been dropping, not climbing.

Button's comparable for Michkov is interesting, foreshadowing him never playing for an NHL team...
lol, we're much more wrong then we are right in here.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
and be willing to take Michkov.

If we stay at 5 and take Dvorsky or Leonard.. while great players, the chances either are a star aren't something I'm hitching my wagon to.
I still hope a team in the top 5 take the gamble. Something like:

CHI: Connor Bedard
ANA: Adam Fantilli
CBS: Will Smith
SJ: Matvei Michkov
MTL: Leo Carlsson

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019

Habs go on the podium at pick 5 and they draft Leonard, Benson or Dvorsky or whatever and skip Michkov... what is your reaction?

I'd take him, but I'd fully understand avoiding him from a GM's perspective.

I know a lot of us aren't fans of Bobrov, but having him with us probably gives ours scouts more insight into the Michkov situation than any other team.

Reactions: MrNasty

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Every draft from 2017 the 2 top D have been great players.
Compare to Fowards, seems like you never know what your are getting.

So i want Reinbacher at #5 or #7
Unless we win the lottery ;-)

Reactions: bopeep

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Every draft from 2017 the 2 top D have been great players.
Compare to Fowards, seems like you never know what your are getting.

So i want Reinbacher at #5 or #7
Unless we win the lottery ;-)
Every draft have 2/3 Dman selected on the top 10 and we seems to be surprise each time. It won’t be different this year. When I look some mock draft and their top 10 without any Dman, this is just not happening..

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Every draft have 2/3 Dman selected on the top 10 and we seems to be surprise each time. It won’t be different this year. When I look some mock draft and their top 10 without any Dman, this is just not happening..
Agreed. One team will jump at the opportunity to take the top defenceman in the draft. This will create a domino effect and another team will panic and take the 2nd best one. There’s not a lot of them rated in the 1st round so teams will overdraft them.

Reactions: bopeep and Hins77

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

There's some U-18s recency bias on those rankings.. but Dvorsky played a strong enough tournament that he should have held/marginally moved up. A bit too high of a jump for me, but that's my opinion.

Reinbacher after a strong Worlds is the most likely to push into the top 7.

My reaction would be that they felt the risk was too high.

Considering how many Russian prospects JUST signed, I'd draft him.

You got KK, McCarron, and Galchenyuk lol so maybe it’s better if the guys you love don’t fall to us ;)

Kotkaniemi was NP & Mrb1p; I wanted him more than Tkachuk, but he was not my guy.
I didn't want McCarron at all.
Galchenyuk was definitely my pick.

I don't think you have the right to be throwing too many stones my way. Poehling the best center outside of the NHL is a catastrophically bad take.

I still hope a team in the top 5 take the gamble. Something like:

CHI: Connor Bedard
ANA: Adam Fantilli
CBS: Will Smith
SJ: Matvei Michkov
MTL: Leo Carlsson

It's a dream but it's definitely not happening, haha.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Angry GIFs | Reaction GIFs

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I'd question if those teams watched him play.

He's the best fit at center of that entire group with his puck handling, zone exit and entry ability, his natural playmaking ability and range.

tbh he does look really, really good, and at that size..... it's a no brainer in terms of translation to the NHL.

Smith may have a higher ceilling in terms of points but IMO Carlsson is the one to pick before Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad