2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It'll be interesting to keep an eye on Hutson to see how his game translates against NHL caliber players.

Won't matter. Farrell was really good in the Worlds last year and then people lost their minds cause he didn't immediately dominate at the end of this year.

He will do well, get hyped even more. Come over at the end of next year and then be declared too small, too weak, etc and never gonna make it.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I think the Habs would pick Carlsson over Fantilli.

But we'd need pick #2 for that.
If the Habs draft 2nd overall, there is no indication that they would select Carlsson over Fantilli. On all/nearly all draft rankings, Fantilli is secure at 2. If anything, I have seen Carlsson drop to 5 and 8.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
I think the Habs would pick Carlsson over Fantilli.

But we'd need pick #2 for that.
Curious what makes you say that. Maybe it's cause I'm used to Timmins' always picking NCAA guys, but for some reason always felt that the Habs would draft Fantilli 2nd.

Another poster @junyab did this exercise for the last 5 drafts. Not a single draft followed McKenzie's ranking, and only 2 of the 5 got the 5 players right. Post quoted below.
Last year was actually the closest (only Wright and Nemec swapped places but fifth got picked at fifth place).

Honestly if we would draft Michkov if he drops to us then I legit don't care what happens in the first 4 picks as long as our top 6 is a mix of Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov, Smith and Benson.

Reactions: badfish

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
That was the other stupid thing in wheelers mail bag, said Augustin could be the first goalie taken, if not then second or third.

Taking him over Fowler Hrabal or Bjarnason is dumb, even Gajan is questionable
Hrabal and Bjarnarsson were pretty average at the u18 tournament.
Augustin was the difference in the US beating Sweden in the gold medal game.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
3 weeks ago, the discussion on this board was who is better between Zach Benson and Will Smith and it was close to 50/50

Now Will Smith is better the Leo Carlsson ? Something isn't working...
A reminder that Will Smith was selected the best player in u18 tournament...though I would still take Carlsson over him because despite both having great talent, Carlsson is bigger.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
A reminder that Will Smith was selected the best player in u18 tournament...though I would still take Carlsson over him because despite both having great talent, Carlsson is bigger.
The U18 is a 10 days tournament that doesn't have the same value without Russia. It should be a minor part of your evaluation on a player, what he does in the season + playoff with his team is WAY more important then what a player does in that tournament

Reactions: Hins77

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Michkov is slower than Smith.
No hes not at all, lol.
3 weeks ago, the discussion on this board was who is better between Zach Benson and Will Smith and it was close to 50/50

Now Will Smith is better the Leo Carlsson ? Something isn't working...
Typical late season hype from people who watch a few highlights/ a game or two/tournaments.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Hrabal was Czechia.

And you're not drafting goalies for what they are now. Augustine is Fucale, he's already technically advanced and calm but athletically there isn't much left (imo). Hrabal has a lot of conditioning, body control and technique to refine but the upside is massive.

Reactions: bopeep

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bjarnarsson had 1 bad game and it was the 1st one against Sweden where the whole team didn't show up. He was solid for the rest of the tournament

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
No hes not at all, lol.

Typical late season hype from people who watch a few highlights/ a game or two/tournaments.
Latest information boys...most up-to-date info.
Check your vision...Michkov is average speed...Smith is faster...obvious...lol!!

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
That was the other stupid thing in wheelers mail bag, said Augustin could be the first goalie taken, if not then second or third.

Taking him over Fowler Hrabal or Bjarnason is dumb, even Gajan is questionable

St-Augustin

Stronger competition, lol...2023 is a stronger draft class...obvious...lol

My sarcasm censor has been broken all day, oh well, more coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad