2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
It’s seems written in the stars that Bedard, Uncle Leo, Fantilli and Smith will be gone by our pick. We need to come together as a community and decide on who we are taking goddammit!!

Reactions: jrom

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
The 2023 NHL Draft Lottery is just a few days away, so we did a simulated lottery and mock draft to give you a taste of what could go down on May 8.

Michkov is the best pick we can get in the top5, but because I feel we won't draft him if he drops, I hope this happens and this means our choices become Smith or Benson, and would be ecstatic with either.

It’s seems written in the stars that Bedard, Uncle Leo, Fantilli and Smith will be gone by our pick. We need to come together as a community and decide on who we are taking goddammit!!
Has it ever happened where the general consensus top 4 actually went top 4? I feel there's always a surprise at the draft, which makes me think either Smith or Carlsson could drop to us.

Reactions: SlafySZN

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Has it ever happened where the general consensus top 4 actually went top 4? I feel there's always a surprise at the draft, which makes me think either Smith or Carlsson could drop to us.
Another poster @junyab did this exercise for the last 5 drafts. Not a single draft followed McKenzie's ranking, and only 2 of the 5 got the 5 players right. Post quoted below.

Actual Draft vs Bob McKenzie Final Rankings:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Both still have Carlsson before Smith though and wait until the WC, when Leo Carlsson/David Reinbacher are gonna be the last players that where seen by a majority of fan.
Yeah but they just said it was some scouts opinion, not all or enough to change their respective lists.

But if we can have one of Fantilli, Carlsson or Smith we’ll be in business anyway lol

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yeah but they just said it was some scouts opinion, not all or enough to change their respective lists.

But if we can have one of Fantilli, Carlsson or Smith we’ll be in business anyway lol
Agree with the last sentence but I wonder if some scouts are saying this in a strategic manner.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Agree with the last sentence but I wonder if some scouts are saying this in a strategic manner.
It could be.

I personally see why some would like Smith, if no Bedard or Fantilli he is the player i like most, i also really like Carlsson but it’s hard watching all of them in different leagues.

Maybe some scouts think Smith’s game after 1-2 years in college will translate better in where the NHL is going towards, who knows.

Reactions: JotAlan

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It could be. I personally see why some would like Smith, if no Bedard or Fantilli he is the player i like most, i also really like Carlsson but it’s hard watching all of them in different leagues.
You have the right of your opinion and I respect it

But Leo Carlsson is the total package, you rarely see a player with the size/skills/IQ/2 way game all at a really high level. For me you can build your offence around Carlsson but you can't build it around Will Smith.

NekkiChiconey

Mar 17, 2016
Lisbon
Am I crazy or is Leo Carlsson stylistically reminiscent of Dach? He has a better shot though, which is probably the only thing missing from Dach's offensive arsenal.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
You have the right of your opinion and I respect it

But Leo Carlsson is the total package, you rarely see a player with the size/skills/IQ/2 way game all at a really high level. For me you can build your offence around Carlsson but you can't build it around Will Smith.
Yeah i honestly understand the vision with Carlsson. Could be a 1C for a long time if everything falls into place.

But i can also see a world where Smith’s offense can fit perfectly with a Dach, Slaf, Caufield.

It’s just preference in type of player for me but i can see the value in Carlsson.

Am I crazy or is Leo Carlsson stylistically reminiscent of Dach? He has a better shot though, which is probably the only thing missing from Dach's offensive arsenal.
I can see it, to be honest.

Reactions: Vachon23

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
It seems fairly consensus on Michkov I think it's just a matter of whether the Habs are willing to take the risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpeedyPotato
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad