2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
How was Robertson's skating in his draft year vs Wood? Imagine if we replicate Dallas' 2017 draft?

Reinbacher with our first pick, Wood with #17 and then drafting our future #1 goalie with our 2nd or 3rd?
Honestly, after the U18s Reinbacher should not really be in the conversation anymore for our first pick, even if it's 7th OA.

Too many high-end, high-skill forwards, available to us.

No way we should pass on the likes of Smith, Dvorsky, Michkov, Benson or Leonard - not to mention the 'big 3' for a D - who doesn't project to be a sure-fire first pairing guy.

No issue with Wood - or Barlow - at 17. And I'd rather we take a shot at one of the Swedish D at 17 ; ASP or Willander if management is so inclined.

This draft is starting to look insanely deep for the first round, especially with potential high-impact forwards. I was mad that Florida kept moving up, but the difference between 12 OA and 17 OA doesn't seem all that big now,

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Honestly, after the U18s Reinbacher should not really be in the conversation anymore for our first pick, even if it's 7th OA.

Too many high-end, high-skill forwards, available to us.

No way we should pass on the likes of Smith, Dvorsky, Michkov, Benson or Leonard - not to mention the 'big 3' for a D - who doesn't project to be a sure-fire first pairing guy.

No issue with Wood - or Barlow - at 17. And I'd rather we take a shot at one of the Swedish D at 17 ; ASP or Willander if management is so inclined.

This draft is starting to look insanely deep for the first round, especially with potential high-impact forwards. I was mad that Florida kept moving up, but the difference between 12 OA and 17 OA doesn't seem all that big now,
Reinbacher wasnt at the u18

Reactions: Vachon23

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I'm kinda surprised to see so many of you invested on the Leafs as much. I personally couldn't care less if they win the Cup, good for them if it happens.

Go Leafs go if it means we get 17th, it's all that matters.
Agreed

Let's take care of us first before caring about what the Leafs do or don't do.

Go Leafs!

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
So, I know there is a lot of hype around the players at the U18s, but please don't forget, Zach Benson is playing really great for the Ice in the WHL playoffs. I just love how this kid is a non stop engine, a freaking bulldog and skilled one. He's everywhere on the ice, offensive zone, neutral zone and you can see in the highlight video that he's also making sure he's back in his own zone to defend and help the quick transition. This kid is a very very talented player.

I honestly think he is still #5 for me after the big 4. Benson is the type of player you win championships with. A player that drives the play.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I like Benson, he plays with such enthusiasm that he’s fun to watch.

Just think he’s a notch below the likes of Smith and Dvorsky.

Suddenly I’m feeling like we could be screwed lol could end up picking 7th and 30th instead of 5th and 17th.

KK has a good shot, he just takes half the period to release it...and then it also misses the net.
I remember getting into so many arguments about KKs shot. People comparing him to Elias Pettersson lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Is there any shot Cristall could slip all the way to 28th?

If so then he would probably be my guy. He'd be a huge gamble like Hutson was, but you probably wont have anyone else with his potential available in that range.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So, I know there is a lot of hype around the players at the U18s, but please don't forget, Zach Benson is playing really great for the Ice in the WHL playoffs. I just love how this kid is a non stop engine, a freaking bulldog and skilled one. He's everywhere on the ice, offensive zone, neutral zone and you can see in the highlight video that he's also making sure he's back in his own zone to defend and help the quick transition. This kid is a very very talented player.

I honestly think he is still #5 for me after the big 4. Benson is the type of player you win championships with. A player that drives the play.

Hes getting very, very underrated lol. Kinda crazy because hes uber skilled and has like the best attitude ever. Hes literally a skilled Gallagher.

Is there any shot Cristall could slip all the way to 28th?

If so then he would probably be my guy. He'd be a huge gamble like Hutson was, but you probably wont have anyone else with his potential available in that range.
If hes there at 17 hed be a good pick, if hes there past 25, they need to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad