Barlow
Yager
Wood

Cristall
Moore
Heidt
Danielson
Sale

Florida loses and we can end up with any 2 of these guys.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Man if we can stay top 5.

Having a sure chance at one of

Fantilli, Carlsson, Smith, Dvorsky is f***ing wow. i doubt Fantilli or Carlsson are the faller to 5 but you never know.

I believe we have high odds of getting a top 6 player and legitimate odds of a superstar with any of those guys.

Even being 7 would be OK if we add Benson, Reinbacher to the discussion. Moore, Leonard, Perreault.

Jesus f***ing christ thats insane.
Ya staying top 5 is key if Michkov isn’t on our board. There’s a tier drop after that.

That next group is huge though and I think we get someone from that group at 17.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
True... but we will calm down soon. I also feel like Smith has been pumped too high and Moore not enough... hopefully the real scouts are more level headed than us!!

Button loves him... for what it's worth...

Smith has far better hands than Moore, and I've been pumping Moore all year. Smith's skill level is outstanding.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Everyone wants Reinbacher to pair with Hutson, but what about APS to pair with Guhle? Neither are in my top 7, but I’d take either at 17 though neither will make it there.
I wouldn't be against it. I'm not Hutson's biggest fan and it would make him expendable.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Drafting Michkov can turn out to be a wasted pick...not worth rolling the dice...I prefer Fantilli, Carlsson, Smith, Leonard or Reinbacher.

you aren't serious?

having actually watched Reinbacher, there is absolutely no world where anyone should take him over Michkov.

Reinbacher's odds of becoming a wasted pick are probably the same as Michkov never coming to the NHL.

So, yeah, you take the on that has the potential to be a star. I don't even see Reinbacher have potential to be a number 1, let alone a good number 1.

Man the over hyping of Reinbacher because he's a RHD is pretty laughable at this point. He's a decent grab around the 12 mark, but absolutely not top 7.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I'd love to end up with Dvorsky and Salé. Both these players impressed me a lot last year and have good size. Admittedly, I haven't been able to watch either of them this year, so it is all to be taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Bedard

Michkov
Fantilli
Carlsson

Smith
Benson
Dvorsky

Leonard
Reinbacher

Barlow
Yager
Wood

Cristall
Moore
Heidt
Danielson
Sale

Florida loses and we can end up with any 2 of these guys.
Bedard

Michkov (will drop)
Fantilli
Carlsson

Smith
Wood
Dvorsky
Leonard

Benson

Yager
Reinbacher
Moore

Barlow
Heidt
Danielson
Sale
ASP
Cristall

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Everyone wants Reinbacher to pair with Hutson, but what about APS to pair with Guhle? Neither are in my top 7, but I’d take either at 17 though neither will make it there.
I want Reinbacher to pair with Guhle TBH. If I’m in a playoff series I want those two out there 30 mins a game.

I don’t see the point of ASP when you have Hutson and Mailloux in the system. You’re essentially drafting a defenceman to maybe play your PP2 since his offensive upside isn’t the same. And his defensive upside isn’t as high as Guhle/Engstrom/Barron. I think he’s just redundant.

Obviously I wouldn’t always draft based on who is currently in the prospect pool, but at 17 there’s so many names available that I don’t think he’s going to be the clear BPA.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Bedard

Michkov (will drop)
Fantilli
Carlsson

Smith
Wood
Dvorsky
Leonard

Benson

Yager
Reinbacher
Moore

Barlow
Heidt
Danielson
Sale
ASP
Cristall

No matter how people rank them, we'll get a good player who's fallen. Keep the pick!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
From what I’ve seen of Dvorsky I’m not super high on him. He does look fairly KK like. I think he’s a winger. Wouldn’t hate it but I wouldn’t be super excited. Wouldn’t take him over Reinbacher anyways

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
From what I’ve seen of Dvorsky I’m not super high on him. He does look fairly KK like. I think he’s a winger. Wouldn’t hate it but I wouldn’t be super excited. Wouldn’t take him over Reinbacher anyways
Dvorsky has two major things KK hasn't : a lethal shot and lower body strength.

Dvorsky is a much better prospect.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Im wondering why Matthew Wood is so low on many list. He has outproduced Brady Tkachuk in the same league (H-east). Best player of his team at 18 yo. . He is also a big frame guy, but doesnt seem to be very physical.

Reactions: phillytennis

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
If will smith is on the board when the habs pick at 5th or 6th, I really don’t think we pass on him. High upside, Hughes knows him super well…

I always get scared drafting Europeans except for Swedes. I feel like it never really works out…

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I want Reinbacher to pair with Guhle TBH. If I’m in a playoff series I want those two out there 30 mins a game.

I don’t see the point of ASP when you have Hutson and Mailloux in the system. You’re essentially drafting a defenceman to maybe play your PP2 since his offensive upside isn’t the same. And his defensive upside isn’t as high as Guhle/Engstrom/Barron. I think he’s just redundant.

Obviously I wouldn’t always draft based on who is currently in the prospect pool, but at 17 there’s so many names available that I don’t think he’s going to be the clear BPA.
Ya I kind of get it.

Reactions: le_sean

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
So many good players going to be available at 17 as well. Hope for a Florida loss tonight.

If the top 5 goes as expected…
Barlow, Wood, Benson, ASP, Perreault, Moore, Reinbacher, Dvorsky, Leonard, Yager…

2-3 of these should be available at 17.

Reactions: WinterLion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad