2023 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So, I know there is a lot of hype around the players at the U18s, but please don't forget, Zach Benson is playing really great for the Ice in the WHL playoffs. I just love how this kid is a non stop engine, a freaking bulldog and skilled one. He's everywhere on the ice, offensive zone, neutral zone and you can see in the highlight video that he's also making sure he's back in his own zone to defend and help the quick transition. This kid is a very very talented player.

I honestly think he is still #5 for me after the big 4. Benson is the type of player you win championships with. A player that drives the play.

His only flaw is that he’s 5’8

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Ultimately the Leafs got that first round monkey off their back. Does it really make a difference if they lose this round or next? Think I’d rather they win this round and we pick 17. That 17th pick could be an excellent player like a Guhle or Caufield. Late first? Probably another late first guy who never pans out, late first is basically just a glorified 2nd rounder…

He is listed 5"9. He is a good player, but his shot not much of treath and skating not great for his size. I dont think he is a good fit for the Habs, but could be for another team.
Ya I just wish he had another elite quality to his game. If he had an elite shot or elite speed he’d be a very interesting player and one Id be thrilled to take at 5.

Reactions: Goldenhands

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Most drafts can be broken up into 3 tiers.

1st tier is the elite players, some drafts have 1, some have a few, some have none. This is one of those drafts with a few.

2nd tier are basically the really good players. Most drafts have about a dozen of these guys.

3rd tier is basically everyone else lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
If we win 1st or 2nd in the lottery, I could get care less about picking 17th. If that happens, no way I'm cheering for the Leafs.
I sometimes wonder if I hate the Leafs more than if I love the Habs but gawddamn, this is making me second guess myself, I want that 17th pick baddd

Reactions: McGees

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
He is listed 5"9. He is a good player, but his shot not much of treath and skating not great for his size. I dont think he is a good fit for the Habs, but could be for another team.
I like Benson, i still think he would be BPA at 6.

McClennon is listed at 5’8 and they’re exactly the same height, though.

5E88B62C-314C-4D40-8998-6572B9DC8A5E.jpeg

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If we win 1st or 2nd in the lottery, I could get care less about picking 17th. If that happens, no way I'm cheering for the Leafs.
I'm leaning towards cheering for Florida and just praying we get an absolute steal at 28th.

Maybe having that pick drop to 28th could kill any habs/PLD trade talks and then we end up signing him in a years time while keeping our assets.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
I sometimes wonder if I hate the Leafs more than if I love the Habs but gawddamn, this is making me second guess myself, I want that 17th pick baddd
Think of this way Leafs win the round we pick 17 and their incompetent GM stays on with the same flawed core for a few more seasons.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
17 or 28 doesn't matter. That pick is trade bait for PLD.

It's either something like 17 + Dvorak and Norlinder

or

28 + Dvorak and Struble

Struble > Norlinder.

The pick only changes the quality of that third piece. And it won't change it much.

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
17 or 28 doesn't matter. That pick is trade bait for PLD.

It's either something like 17 + Dvorak and Norlinder

or

28 + Dvorak and Struble

Struble > Norlinder.

The pick only changes the quality of that third piece. And it won't change it much.
28th doesn't hold nearly as much trade value as 17th though. Changing out Norlinder for Struble doesn't really move the needle at all. They'd be able to get a much better offer than that at the deadline if they choose to wait.

Reactions: Jack Skellington

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
28th doesn't hold nearly as much trade value as 17th though. Changing out Norlinder for Struble doesn't really move the needle at all. They'd be able to get a much better offer than that at the deadline if they choose to wait.
Okay, so what about Kidney or Roy? I still think the ask doesn't change that much. When PLD enters RFA status it will be very interesting to hear what his agent has to say. He will be free to discuss anything at that point and it may really turn off teams at the TDL if all indications continue pointing towards the Habs.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Uhh the pick isn't 28th.

It would be 29th.

32nd = stanely cup winner
31st = loser of the finals
30th= other team of the western finals
29th = Florida if they make it that far.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad