2023 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Would you guys take a guaranteed 4th and 13th pick right now or risk it and play out the rest of the season and maybe win the lottery but maybe drop back a few spots on both picks?

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Can Reinbacher be compare to one of the RHD from last year draft

Nemec ?
Jiricek ?
Rinzel ?

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Would you guys take a guaranteed 4th and 13th pick right now or risk it and play out the rest of the season and maybe win the lottery but maybe drop back a few spots on both picks?
I would let it play out.

Obviously, it would be nice to have Bedard. But after that, we are giving way too much importance to the draft rank. I understand we have personal preference and the higher you pick, the higher you can have *your* guy. But ultimately, it happens every year that a player picked later surpass a player picked earlier, and i mean in the top 15. So no, i would not scrap my lottery odds to secure a few spots.

Lets just hope we nails our pick whoever it is.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I need to watch more of Reinbacher for sure but he seems very vanilla to me, especially in a draft with so many good forwards at the top. I think I am more interested in taking forwards with our top two picks and maybe see if they can uncover another right handed version of Engstrom hidden in the 2nd/3rd round. I would definitely like to have Reinbacher in the system but as I said in an earlier post, taking Reinbacher high feels like Carolina taking Hanifin at #5 with Rantanen, Barzal and Connor still on the board. I think we would look back at such a selection with great regret even if he turns out to be a decent player.

This is best way to put it

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yet Nick Lardis went from .5ppg in Peterborough to 1.5ppg in Hamilton after getting traded. The reverse has happened to Beck. His offense has dried up since moving to Peterborough.
Do you think Lardis somebody we should draft? Only 18, with 21 goals in 26 games with Bulldogs. He could be diamond in rough

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't think it's a question of if you can work your way around that Mitchkov's contract.......the real question is why did he signed it to begin with.
Actually I think the Michkov contract is a good thing. By the end of it, he'll still be eligible for a 3 year entry level contract. So, whomever takes him at 21 they get a fully developed star winger for 3 years making ELC money.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Actually I think the Michkov contract is a good thing. By the end of it, he'll still be eligible for a 3 year entry level contract. So, whomever takes him at 21 they get a fully developed star winger for 3 years making ELC money.
But if he stays in Russia he can pull a Kaprizov and sign a 2 year entry level deal at the end of his current 3 year contract. He could then play the 1st year of the contract in the KHL at a much higher salary than his ELC will pay him and only come over in the 2nd and final year of his ELC which will walk him straight to RFA status where he can leverage the KHL against his NHL club.

Kaprizov received a 45 million/5 year (9M AAV) contract after just one season in Minnesota where he put up 51 points in 55 games.......this is 100% what rival GM's will be mulling over before selecting him. This only happened 18 months ago so the same CBA is in place and Michkov has the exact same options.

It will take a big balled GM with a very trusting owner to pull the trigger and select him in the top 5 and maybe even the top 10.

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

You said it.....ELC money versus Multi-Millions deal in Russia?
Which one will he pick up? Cause he picked the KHL instead of the NHL already once by signing this contract!

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
No way am I going near Heidt or Cristall. Get me a big, safe, "toolsy" centerman over the small winger with questions about his skating and a poor 200 ft game.

I mean just look at our drafting in the 2010s. That philosophy got us so far!

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
No way am I going near Heidt or Cristall. Get me a big, safe, "toolsy" centerman over the small winger with questions about his skating and a poor 200 ft game.

I mean just look at our drafting in the 2010s. That philosophy got us so far!
Mccarron, De La Rose, Poehling, Kotkaniemi, Olofsson

Reactions: Zilo44 and atrud66

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Unless we get another 2nd round draft pick it's doubtful he'll be available to be drafted. I would draft a goalie with our early 2nd, and he's likely to be gone by our 3rd. If not, I'd definitely draft him with our 3rd.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Can Reinbacher be compare to one of the RHD from last year draft

Nemec ?
Jiricek ?
Rinzel ?
Last year, I was disappointed that we didn't draft Tristan Luneau right handed defenseman playing for the Gatineau Olympiques...6'2"...great skater, poised, great vision, tremendous instincts, powerful shot...leads the Q defensemen in scoring.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Went to see Mailloux and Musty for the first time tonight Mailloux was solid and Musty omg i hope we stay away from him he was a turn over machine.
Musty is on my no draft, soft, low IQ and porous 200 ft. game. The snake Boisvert wants him with the Habs pick, thinks he will be the perfect winger for Suzuki/Caufield. Terrible take, worst than Geekie for 1st OV last year.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Wow! You really dropped Smith.
Yep, had him around 10 in my last ranking, cant get over some flaws, I like his offensive talent alot, but not his motor, weak frame and game away from the puck. I like some others better than I dislike Smith though. Thats wide open after 4, pick your favorite fruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Unless we get another 2nd round draft pick it's doubtful he'll be available to be drafted. I would draft a goalie with our early 2nd, and he's likely to be gone by our 3rd. If not, I'd definitely draft him with our 3rd.
I would take a look at Lardis with our 2nd instead of a goalie. With 21 goals in 26 games, in his draft year. Even Mesar nor Beck are close to that in their D+1 year.

Yep, had him around 10 in my last ranking, cant get over some flaws, I like his offensive talent alot, but not his motor, weak frame and game away from the puck. I like some others better than I dislike Smith though. Thats wide open after 4, pick your favorite fruit.
Wilde was on 690 last week, he said Habs aren't high on Smith nor Benson. Maybe he knew something after all. Benson imagine his skating.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
My updated top 15:

1-Bedard
2-Michkov
3-Carlsson
4-Fantilli
5-Reinbacher
6-Dvorsky
7-Danielson
8-Leonard
9-Benson
10-Barlow
11-Moore
12-Sandin-Pellikka
13-Brindley
14-Yager
15-Smith
Would you draft Michkov 2nd in the real draft if you made the decision ? (I totally understand that he is closer to Bedard than anyone else in the draft.)

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
My updated top 15:

1-Bedard
2-Michkov
3-Carlsson
4-Fantilli
5-Reinbacher
6-Dvorsky
7-Danielson
8-Leonard
9-Benson
10-Barlow
11-Moore
12-Sandin-Pellikka
13-Brindley
14-Yager
15-Smith

It's nice to see someone else high on Brindley. I have him a bit lower, but maybe we can pick him up with Florida's pick if they slide into the playoffs and if someone I like more doesn't fall to our pick. Or if we end up with a pick in the 24-30 range. Every time I watch him play I see a future nhl player on a third line that maybe ends up on the 2nd. There's something about his "intangibles" that I really like about him.

Reactions: Goldenhands

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
But if he stays in Russia he can pull a Kaprizov and sign a 2 year entry level deal at the end of his current 3 year contract. He could then play the 1st year of the contract in the KHL at a much higher salary than his ELC will pay him and only come over in the 2nd and final year of his ELC which will walk him straight to RFA status where he can leverage the KHL against his NHL club.

Kaprizov received a 45 million/5 year (9M AAV) contract after just one season in Minnesota where he put up 51 points in 55 games.......this is 100% what rival GM's will be mulling over before selecting him. This only happened 18 months ago so the same CBA is in place and Michkov has the exact same options.

It will take a big balled GM with a very trusting owner to pull the trigger and select him in the top 5 and maybe even the top 10.
I’m 100% with you on this. Like I said, I only pick Michkov with our Florida pick.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It's nice to see someone else high on Brindley. I have him a bit lower, but maybe we can pick him up with Florida's pick if they slide into the playoffs and if someone I like more doesn't fall to our pick. Or if we end up with a pick in the 24-30 range. Every time I watch him play I see a future nhl player on a third line that maybe ends up on the 2nd. There's something about his "intangibles" that I really like about him.
Picking a diminutive third liner at 15, what a great deal!

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I’m 100% with you on this. Like I said, I only pick Michkov with our Florida pick.

TBH I am not sure I could pass on him with our pick and I am not sure that I would have the cajones to select him either. I believe he is clearly the 2nd best prospect and closer to Bedard than he is to Fantilli/Carlsson.

It is just going to be incredibly interesting to watch if/when he starts to fall after the 2nd pick is announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad