2023 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Musty is on my no draft, soft, low IQ and porous 200 ft. game. The snake Boisvert wants him with the Habs pick, thinks he will be the perfect winger for Suzuki/Caufield. Terrible take, worst than Geekie for 1st OV last year.
He has a lot of upside on his offense part of his game but if he's this bad defensively on the junior level just doesn't seem to care about his defensive play constant blind passes which resulted in a direct goal for London so imagine in the nhl he would get rip apart.

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
My updated top 15:

1-Bedard
2-Michkov
3-Carlsson
4-Fantilli
5-Reinbacher
6-Dvorsky
7-Danielson
8-Leonard
9-Benson
10-Barlow
11-Moore
12-Sandin-Pellikka
13-Brindley
14-Yager
15-Smith
I like the top 6, even though I have no idea how to value the Russian factor for Michkov. In terms of talent I think you re spot on for the Euro players.
Just from highlights and reads I d put Benson Smith Yager before Danielson Leonard Barlow.

Reactions: Goldenhands

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I don't know what to make of Dvorsky.
He's one of those guys that I see ranked all over the place, where people either love him or hate him.

I know he started the season in the 5-8 range in most rankings, but let's say he started the season in the 20-30 range. Would what he's shown so far this season be enough to move him up into the top 10? Or is his ranking based more on the pedigree he's established prior to this season?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I like the top 6, even though I have no idea how to value the Russian factor for Michkov. In terms of talent I think you re spot on for the Euro players.
Just from highlights and reads I d put Benson Smith Yager before Danielson Leonard Barlow.
And thats fine, its that close after the big 4, I have my favorites, but Smith, Benson, Yager are all in the mix and could be picked pretty early.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Picking a diminutive third liner at 15, what a great deal!

I doubt I pick him a 15. It would depend on who's available in the 18-20 range. What can I say? I just like his game and I think 3rd line is worse case scenario. He just doesn't really have much weakness in his game and his effort level is something I fell in love with this year. He's developing nicely in Michigan and I think he becomes a great player. I like him more than Beck. I thought he would be a great draft pick with who I thought Florida was going into the season. I doubt he makes it outside the top 20 when it's all said done.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Sounds like Wilde was referring to reinbacher, he’s in 690 talking about it

I would be upset if we take him in the top 10. I just don't see that type of game. Pick 12-15 sure, but his upside looks like a number 3 to me, but probably a number 4 on a solid team. I just don't see any sure-fire number 1 d man this draft, but I see a lot of top 6 talent. Hard to pick D in our current spot.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I doubt I pick him a 15. It would depend on who's available in the 18-20 range. What can I say? I just like his game and I think 3rd line is worse case scenario. He just doesn't really have much weakness in his game and his effort level is something I fell in love with this year. He's developing nicely in Michigan and I think he becomes a great player. I like him more than Beck. I thought he would be a great draft pick with who I thought Florida was going into the season. I doubt he makes it outside the top 20 when it's all said done.
His shooting skills are average, but about everything else is high end. IQ, motor, compete, skating, playmaking. He is a brave little player buzzing all over the ice who doesnt shy away from physical contacts, will even finish his checks when he has a chance. Kid moves really well on the ice, combine great puckhandling and skating skills. His energy and intensity level is contagious, seems to really enjoy playing the game through pain and hard work.

3rd line is the floor, but I think he can become a solid top 6.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
His shooting skills are average, but about everything else is high end. IQ, motor, compete, skating, playmaking. He is a brave little player buzzing all over the ice who doesnt shy away from physical contacts, will even finish his checks when he has a chance. Kid moves really well on the ice, combine great puckhandling and skating skills. His energy and intensity level is contagious, seems to really enjoy playing the game through pain and hard work.

3rd line is the floor, but I think he can become a solid top 6.

we're seeing the same player. I would say his shooting has improved this year, but it's not elite by NHL standards. His energy level is something that stands out watching him play. He'll be a fan favourite where ever he ends up.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I would be upset if we take him in the top 10. I just don't see that type of game. Pick 12-15 sure, but his upside looks like a number 3 to me, but probably a number 4 on a solid team. I just don't see any sure-fire number 1 d man this draft, but I see a lot of top 6 talent. Hard to pick D in our current spot.
I mean if there is one part of the scouting staff we seem to hit consistently with its D so I wouldn’t be too worried

Reactions: Nedved

K2MyEverest

Nov 27, 2010
Montreal
I dont think we fall out of the top 6 now unless a team behind wins the lottery. Habs with their tough schedule will lose more games than Vancouver and probably Arizona... Yes they held tight against Carolina and NYR but its unsustainable with the quality of upcoming opponents vs Vancouver schedule and Arizona...

Reinbacher at 7 I'm ok with it but top 6 I would be a bit disappointed.

About the Florida pick. If Florida goes on a tear and the pick fall into 15 - 20. I would probably package it to Winnipeg this summer for Dubois unless there's a really good player falling at the draft

Reactions: CoopersFalls

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
My updated top 15:

1-Bedard
2-Michkov
3-Carlsson
4-Fantilli
5-Reinbacher
6-Dvorsky
7-Danielson
8-Leonard
9-Benson
10-Barlow
11-Moore
12-Sandin-Pellikka
13-Brindley
14-Yager
15-Smith
Thought you were ride or die for Moore? What changed?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Thought you were ride or die for Moore? What changed?
I really like his tools, but the lack of high end offensive awarenesess limits a bit his upside. Can shoot, can pass and he skates like no other, but the vision and offensive creativity isnt high end. I still like him alot and would be pretty happy to grab him with the Florida pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: McGees

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Reinbacher is the guy that Wilde about size... im fine with that, because he looks like the perfect D to complete Guhle or Hutson. If he is the guy Habs want with their high pick (after top 6 please), between 7-11... im fine with Reinbacher. Habs will still be able to pick a really good offensive prospect with Florida pick...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
My updated top 15:

1-Bedard
2-Michkov
3-Carlsson
4-Fantilli
5-Reinbacher
6-Dvorsky
7-Danielson
8-Leonard
9-Benson
10-Barlow
11-Moore
12-Sandin-Pellikka
13-Brindley
14-Yager
15-Smith
You’re high on Reinbacher, Dvorsky and Danielson, and I believe they will also be higher on NHL scout lists than the online scout lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad