GDT: 2023 NHL ENTRY DRAFT June 28 and 29. First round and then rounds 2-7. (ESPN, NHL network, SN, TVA sports 4pm and 8am Pacific Time)

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Man I love the Halttunen pick. His biggest issue was needing time to develop and that’s the one thing we can afford to give our prospects. Dude is gonna be a beast in a few years.

I agree. I think Grier is crushing this draft so far.

Would love to see him trade back in now for Dragicevic and I think I'll combust...

EDIT: Never mind, we'll have him in a Karlsson trade to Seattle... :D

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
This is the best thing to happen to TSN:
1688053157665.png

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I agree. I think Grier is crushing this draft so far.

Would love to see him trade back in now for Dragicevic and I think I'll combust...

EDIT: Never mind, we'll have him in a Karlsson trade to Seattle... :D
Halttunen was mocked last year to be a fringe top ten pick. I remember the early reports so while I forgot the name I went out and did some research and seems he was simply out of his element playing against men.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
They were more interesting than good I'd say. Now that we're looking back at it, they weren't great picks
Did he miss on anyone significant? Iirc we just didn't have great picks and he had to try to take high risk for high upside?

Was he any worse than Burke?

Reactions: themelkman

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
How many Swedes went in the top two rounds? Feels like fifteen of them.

Excellent pick by Florida, I had Sawchyn ranked around 30th.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Did he miss on anyone significant? Iirc we just didn't have great picks and he had to try to start high risk for high upside?

Was Goldobin him or Burke? That was a miss, and Merkley obviously didn't work out how we hoped.

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
Man I love the Halttunen pick. His biggest issue was needing time to develop and that’s the one thing we can afford to give our prospects. Dude is gonna be a beast in a few years.
If you look at his stat progression, he has pretty much always played up a league or year (or two) against older kids and was a point per game or better player. He first real stumble was this last year promoting up to Liiga because he appeared to be statistically dominant in lower leagues and presumably had nothing left to gain in those leagues. This kid has had stellar stats in all of what would be his bantam and AAA years as a NA equivalent. Tons of potential here and well worth an early second rounder looking at his progression and frequent promotions up a league along the way.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Did he miss on anyone significant? Iirc we just didn't have great picks and he had to try to take high risk for high upside?

Considering his only pick that seems likely to develop into a NHL contributor is Eklund (assuming we’re giving Grier credit for 2022), I would say much worse.

Reactions: Sharkz4Fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad