GDT: 2023 NHL Entry Draft Day 2 Rounds 2-7 - 11AM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
First round picks seem to drag on. Let's say around 5 min per pick that would be 105-110 mins in, an hour and 45 mins may be a safe bet to make sure you don't miss it.
... unless we trade up somehow.
The draft would go a lot quicker if we didn't have to listen to this before every pick:

"Congratulations to the Las Vegas Golden Knights on winning the Stanley Cup. Thank you to the city of Nashville for your warm hospitality. Shoutout to our great fans back home watching at our draft party at the Pigs Knuckle Pavilion. Our first round selection will be announced by our Director of Scouting, Reg LeHakenchuk."

"The or-gan-eye-zation are proud to select, from the BumDuck Ranchers, forward (insert mispronounced name here)."

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I’d be happy with basically any of Bob’s top 25. I’d rather not draft Stenberg or any of the RD. Would definitely be fine with Heidt or Brindley as well but would prefer a trade down for a couple of seconds in that scenario.

There’s really no one we can conceivably take at 23 that would cause me McIlrath levels of distress, except maybe Hrabal, but this team comes up with creative ways to disappoint me so let’s see what happens.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Weekes mocked him to us and I wanna say he had Othmann last year.

At the very least it could lead to an uptick in donk mentions
Probably wouldn’t be popular, but he’d be a solid pick. Good size, great skater, moves the puck really well, and is coached really, really well in London. He’s boring with how he’s efficient, but he seems like a very good pick to turn into a solid 2nd pairing dman

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I just hope the Rangers don't do anything stupid with the draft. I'd prefer to trade back and add a couple more picks, but if an early ranked player falls, you take him. Varied opinions on here as to who that could be, so I won't get into them. Draft for need now would be stupid as any kid they kid in the first round wouldn't be ready for the NHL until 2025 or 2026 at the earliest.

Take the best player available; keep it simple and don't try to be the smartest people in the room.

As you can tell, my expectations are, uhh... low LOL

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Stramel got a lot of comparisions to Gabe Vilardi. Size is there. I think the skating is there too. Has some moxy to his game.

Drury and staff seem to covet these players with good motors and compete level. So while the tools are there and the physical part seems to be there, Stramels compete level seems to be questions by some of the scouts. That to me doesnt sound like the Drury pick. But then, he was a freshman who wasn't playing on a well structred team or system. What does his Sophmore season say about him? Thats the unknown. Lots of posters seem to dislike the prospect but i dont think its a terrible pick at 23. Truth is he may not even be there. Big Centers always move up in the draft. I woudnt be surprised if he did.

Also keeping a close eye on Michael Hrabal. No analysts mentioning him with the Rangers. however the staff has had a very good look at this player. If he is called don't be too surprised.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wish list for tonight. One of...

Oliver Moore
Nick Lardis
Quentin Musty
Gracyn Sawchyn
Kalan Lind
Calum Ritchie
Daniil But

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Stramel got a lot of comparisions to Gabe Vilardi. Size is there. I think the skating is there too. Has some moxy to his game.

Drury and staff seem to covet these players with good motors and compete level. So while the tools are there and the physical part seems to be there, Stramels compete level seems to be questions by some of the scouts. That to me doesnt sound like the Drury pick. But then, he was a freshman who wasn't playing on a well structred team or system. What does his Sophmore season say about him? Thats the unknown. Lots of posters seem to dislike the prospect but i dont think its a terrible pick at 23. Truth is he may not even be there. Big Centers always move up in the draft. I woudnt be surprised if he did.

Also keeping a close eye on Michael Hrabal. No analysts mentioning him with the Rangers. however the staff has had a very good look at this player. If he is called don't be too surprised.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wish list for tonight. One of...

Oliver Moore
Nick Lardis
Quentin Musty
Gracyn Sawchyn
Kalan Lind
Calum Ritchie
Daniil But
Won't be shocked if Brindley is a Rangers 1st round pick at 23 tonight or Heidt or Musty

Reactions: Lion Hound

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Something doesn't add up about those teams dropped by that beat writer. The Rangers' pick is 9 spots away. The other three teams have picks within 4 of Pittsburgh's. I kind of get the sense that the Rangers were thrown in there to drive up the price for those teams.

As discussed in the roster thread, unless the Rangers are trading Lindgren, Trochek, Schneider, or Othmann, I just don't see it. That move would certainly be out of left field. Things are quiet out of the Rangers camp. A bit too quiet...

Reactions: Lion Hound

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Something doesn't add up about those teams dropped by that beat writer. The Rangers' pick is 9 spots away. The other three teams have picks within 4 of Pittsburgh's. I kind of get the sense that the Rangers were thrown in there to drive up the price for those teams.

As discussed in the roster thread, unless the Rangers are trading Lindgren, Trochek, Schneider, or Othmann, I just don't see it. That move would certainly be out of left field. Things are quiet out of the Rangers camp. A bit too quiet...

I would kinda like an out of left field move. I am not overly attached to any current Ranger outside of Fox, Igor and Kreider and none of them are going anywhere.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad