GDT: 2023 NHL Draft - Rounds 2-7, 8am PT/11am ET - NHLN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Heidt zeimmer Lardis and some others still in the board with our trio of picks coming up. Fingers crossed.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Well the scouts on Elite Prospects did a compilation and had him anywhere from 44 to 112. I'm sure the scouts know who he is but that doesn't mean he wasnt picked too high.

I guess Madden just liked him a lot. Whatever.

overall effectiveness. He wouldn't have been my pick but just pointing out that the announcers had very good things to say about him during the playoffs and MC. Seems like another Gaucher pick to me though.

McKenzie had him at 56.

I like Myatovic and wanted him with our 59th or 60th pick as he's a safer pick. This does feel like a Gaucher pick, which means it's more Verbeek than Madden. Under Murray, we'd take big swings at offensive forward prospects around this area like LW Tracey and RW Perreault.

Halttunen goes to SJ. Damn.

I guess we don't need to take swings at potential top-6 scoring forwards. Myatovic is a defensive winger, based from THW's scouting report. Could always use those players, especially on the PK and winning puck battles along the boards. Maybe there's more offense to his game as his D+0 did double in production from his D-1. I hope so!

Welcome Myatovic!

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The last 11 players taken are all over 6'0" and most of them are 6'2"+.

Verbeek is not the only one with this philosophy

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
They took swings on guys like LaCombe, Zellweger, Luneau, etc.

They just don't seem to do it with forwards. It could be coincidence but it's something I've got my eye on at this point

Took swing on LW Tracey in 2019, 29th overall and RW Perreault in 2020, 27th overall.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Terrance looks young at 6'0 178. Hopefully can get him up around 6'1 200. Really like the pick though, speed and scoring ability. Easily his team's best player already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad