GDT: 2023 NHL Draft - Rounds 2-7, 8am PT/11am ET - NHLN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ducks probably could have traded back and still gotten him.
That's possible. But we've also seen that go the other way.

I don't mind the pick as long as they take a big swing with one of the late 2nds

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
It really feels like where Verbeek struggles is understanding what other GMs are thinking. I can't remember which GM was talking about it, but the Athletic did an article where they said that's one of the most difficult parts. He said he speaks to other gms daily. I realize there's fear that someone will have him higher on their list as well, but it seems like they could have tried to move back a little.

Verbeek spoke about his love of scouting, that's great, but you're not a f***ing scout anymore.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Ducks will almost certainly take a goalie with one of these picks. They better take someone with upside with the other pick

Reactions: Leonardo87

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Lots of good names still on the board to make up for the off-the-board pick, don't know how much faith I have in them actually going for them though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad