GDT: 2023 NHL Draft - Rounds 2-7, 8am PT/11am ET - NHLN, ESPN+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Hockey news describes him as a "honest, responsible player with good size and skating. Didn't put up big stats on stacked T-Birds, but he'll get more of a chance next season. Third line pro fit. "

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
elmo-shrug.gif

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I don't mind taking a safer bet at 33, but hopefully they take a couple shots at the end of the 2nd. We need offense.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Theyre very clearly looking for upside in the top 10 and looking to find safer character depth guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We shall see if enough offense comes from it in the long run.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
No, the scouts know who he is. Was one of Seattle's best players in the playoffs and memorial cup. Went from 4 goals last year to 30 this year.
Well the scouts on Elite Prospects did a compilation and had him anywhere from 44 to 112. I'm sure the scouts know who he is but that doesn't mean he wasnt picked too high.

I guess Madden just liked him a lot. Whatever.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Hockey news describes him as a "honest, responsible player with good size and skating. Didn't put up big stats on stacked T-Birds, but he'll get more of a chance next season. Third line pro fit. "
Yeah, we don’t need more 3rd line upside picks, especially 33rd overall. I’d rather pick boom or bust here.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
With most of the other more intriguing bigger bodied forwards off the board, I expect my previous prediction to come true regarding Juraj Pekarcik being grabbed much earlier than he's ranked. I think early mid second rather than the mid rounds as projected.

I like that Pekarcik is a Sept birth. Lots of upside still available for him, especially already playing in the pros against men.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
If Suniev and one of Heidt/Ziemmer is still available at 59/60 and we pick them I'll feel a lot better about the Myatovic pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad