HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Limited offensive upside but strong forechecker, kills penalties and throws his body whenever he can. He's also an absolute psycho out there. He's got Tootoo-like energy and he's as unhinged as him.

I love him lol
We haven't had a dude like that since Ryan White. The guy gave zero f***s, I actually sorta miss him :laugh: He made games fun at times.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
Looks like my WHL was still set on 2022 playoff stats. That’s a big drop off for someone mentioned at Top 5. Is he injured?
He missed a month because of an upper body injury (it looked like his shoulder) and I doubt that he has fully recovered because the difference between pre and post injury play is quite noticeable. He could drop a bit because of it.

We haven't had a dude like that since Ryan White. The guy gave zero f***s, I actually sorta miss him :laugh: He made games fun at times.
In my opinion, Lind is better all around and crazier than Ryan White lol

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I really hope we go D man with our late 1st rounder or even trade it for PDL or another team's 2024 first and a 3rd if they're high on a guy.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Looks like my WHL was still set on 2022 playoff stats. That’s a big drop off for someone mentioned at Top 5. Is he injured?
Yes.

He got injured in march, got hit in a weird way, something with his shoulder and missed the rest of the regular season, missed their first series and came back at the start of their 2nd series so he might not be 100% yet.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
If Habs don’t want to risk the pick on Michkov, Hugues will identify the teams that are interested in him at 5. If Columbus are ok with one of Smith, Carlsson or Michkov, they might be interested in switching picks but it will be costly for Habs, obvious overpayment will be needed.

I can see the cost being 5OA + Florida’s 1st + a solid prospect (Beck, Roy, Mailloux kind)
Thank goodness you are not the GM of the Habs.
After a year...you would have gotten rid of our best prospects.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I really hope we go D man with our late 1st rounder or even trade it for PDL or another team's 2024 first and a 3rd if they're high on a guy.
The more I think about it, the more I realize, I want nothing to do with Pierre Duc Lebois

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He did injure his shoulder, but 12 in 10 games is still very good PO production for a D year CHL PLAYER.

Savoie had that last year, Wright two more, Dach had 8 in 10, Cozens had 7 in 8, Svechnikov had 11 in 8, Hischier had 7 in 8, etc.

Suzuki had 23 in 17 in his D year.

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
He did injure his shoulder, but 12 in 10 games is still very good PO production for a D year CHL PLAYER.

Savoie had that last year, Wright two more, Dach had 8 in 10, Cozens had 7 in 8, Svechnikov had 11 in 8, Hischier had 7 in 8, etc.

Suzuki had 23 in 17 in his D year.
Guess you can’t scout just watching stats

Who knew?? :sarcasm:

I woke up at that time to watch our pick go from 17 to 29. Feels bad man lol.
We got Lane Hutson for Brett Kulak, maybe the universe had to balance things out

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I'll provide my opinion.

1. Totally depends on the team drafting him. Habs probably still go with Slaf since they like his rarity and Devils still pass up on him since they are loaded at center already and want size up front. I do think that realistically, the tiers for this draft are Bedard gap Michkov huge gap Fantilli/Carlsson gap Smith. Smith's U18 really helped his cause, but worth mentioning that Michkov was the U18 MVP....at 16 years old.

2. 70-80 points.

3. Zegras.

4. A year in college then probably another half a year in the AHL.

5. I don't see Smith being a top 10 point producer in the league but he would be the most offensively gifted player in the system (or at least comparable to CC).
I agréé with Smith - Zegras comparison. Which is why I prefer Reinbacher ;) Seider over Zegras !

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
If we were to skip on Michkov at 5,

Why all the reticence toward Dvorsky?

Personally, i would simply take Michkov and call it a day. But Dvorsky is a terrific prospect who projects like a solid top 6C. Could end up being a 1C. He has the upside.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Personally, i would simply take Michkov and call it a day. But Dvorsky is a terrific prospect who projects like a solid top 6C. Could end up being a 1C. He has the upside.

He is quite a good player. Definitely and firmly in that ''next'' group.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Reinbacher was good today against France, but they lost 2-1. Not the best game of his that I've ever seen, but he was responsible for several good plays. One shift was typical Reinbacher: created the controlled zone entry, later preserved that zone possession/trapped France in their zone with a well timed pinch, and then activated for a quality scoring chance. In one play, he both stopped a French rush, and created an odd-man rush for Austria with a poke check.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal

Dvorsky is a real nice prospect, a better Danault. The thing is, ending our rebuild with Slaf and Dvorsky has the main piece is pretty disapointing, when you look at other teams rebuild (Hughes/Hischier, Mackinnnon/Rantanen, McJesus/Drai, etc). That's why I really want us to pick Michkov and to have at least one prospect with all star offensive potential.

Reactions: Kaladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad