HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You see more of his inside game with a some of these highlights. If we pass on Michkov, I think I could live with Dalibor as our pick. One of the youngest kids in the draft, and already has such a solid toolkit. Give him time with our development staff and I think this kid could be an absolute force in a few years.

He's a really good player.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don’t think this video shows anything special. It’s mostly about his shot, which we know is really good. We need to see more playmaking and attacking defenders.
People think Dvorsky gets shit on, but I just think we need to gamble on the high end talent first. A team like Vancouver should go all in on getting him because Dvorsky would be perfect behind Pettersson. I really like the player, just not a fit for us at the moment.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I don’t think this video shows anything special. It’s mostly about his shot, which we know is really good. We need to see more playmaking and attacking defenders.
I think you see a few clips that show him attacking in the first half of the video, which at least shows me he's able to play that game. Would I like to see more of that in his game, absolutely! In saying tho, he doesn't seem to play the game with fear, and I believe that this aspect of game can be brought out over time.. Kid is literally one of the youngest kids in the draft and already has great frame, and a solid base- he's going to be a strong player once he's fully matured. I think his playmaking is a bit underrated, he looked pretty solid at the u18's running the PP.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
People think Dvorsky gets shit on, but I just think we need to gamble on the high end talent first. A team like Vancouver should go all in on getting him because Dvorsky would be perfect behind Pettersson. I really like the player, just not a fit for us at the moment.
He’s a good prospect, but there’s better options at 5.

I think you see a few clips that show him attacking in the first half of the video, which at least shows me he's able to play that game. Would I like to see more of that in his game, absolutely! In saying tho, he doesn't seem to play the game with fear, and I believe that this aspect of game can be brought out over time.. Kid is literally one of the youngest kids in the draft and already has great frame, and a solid base- he's going to be a strong player once he's fully matured. I think his playmaking is a bit underrated, he looked pretty solid at the u18's running the PP.
That’s the thing though, I want to see him produce offence away from the PP. Very good PP player because of his shot and versatility. But 5on5, I see a player that’s just playing solid hockey rather than spectacular.

Personally if I’m going to gamble at 5 on a “solid” prospect, I’d rather it be Reinbacher who I think has more upside than he’s given credit for and fills a need.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

I think he would fit very nicely. It's just that with Michkov potentially on the board, you'd be flagrantly violating BPA. You're hoping that Dvorsky becomes good enough that you don't really care if Michkov shows up and puts up 100 pt seasons for someone else.

Everyone talks about the risks of drafting Michkov, but if you take anyone else at 5 you're already behind. How is that not a risk?

Reactions: Habs Icing

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
He’s a good prospect, but there’s better options at 5.

That’s the thing though, I want to see him produce offence away from the PP. Very good PP player because of his shot and versatility. But 5on5, I see a player that’s just playing solid hockey rather than spectacular.

Personally if I’m going to gamble at 5 on a “solid” prospect, I’d rather it be Reinbacher who I think has more upside than he’s given credit for and fills a need.
I don't know enough about Reinbacher, looking forward to seeing him play at the Worlds. Seems like an interesting player from what I saw online.

Reactions: le_sean

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't know enough about Reinbacher, looking forward to seeing him play at the Worlds. Seems like an interesting player from what I saw online.

Simon Servant just dropped a Reinbacher video, if you want to watch.

We would be shifting Suzuki/Dach to wing or we play Dvorsky as a winger which isn't ideal.

I kinda see Dach more on the wing anyways.

Reactions: Hacketts

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
It is, and they know it. So it's a bit of a PR, media-friendly phrasing.
That's my take as well and he can't show his hand by announcing to the jackets and sharks how interested they are in michkov or he'll set off alarms

Reactions: SOLR

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
True, but I have no faith in anyone who is in charge of the Habs, so I'm already assuming they're passing on Michkov if he's there.
Hmm. Hughes took massive risk to start his agency business. The man is savvy. I am not sure he is passing on Michkov. But more than that, i don't even think Michkov is there at 5.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Even the Coyotes. Could have Dvorsky behind Cooley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad