HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Not that they actually KNOW - but I asked Shark thread who they think they will take and it’s;

Carlsson
Michkov
Smith

In that order.

They could very well take Michkov, especially if Carlsson is gone to Columbus. I just don't see Columbus passing on a big center.

My expectation is: Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson then SJS take Michkov.

That leaves Smith.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
They could very well take Michkov, especially if Carlsson is gone to Columbus. I just don't see Columbus passing on a big center.

That leaves Smith.
Wouldn't you think Columbus would rather take the Northeastern American kid? I also have a feeling that the Sharks will take Michkov but I think the likelihood of that goes down if Carlsson is available so I hope your expectations become a reality cause Hughes basically said if they don't think Michkovs talent level is noticeably above that of the draftees around him, they ain't taking him

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

That leaves Smith.
But don’t Sharks need a top C?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Pronman has us passing on Michkov and taking Reinbacher

Then Edstrom at 17.

Reinbacher is one of my top choices if they just flat out won't take Michkov

But Edstrom at 17 is way too rich for me and I'd be pretty sad coming out of the 1st round of 2023 that way. If you go Reinbacher at 5, your Florida pick needs to be Hrabal or a highly skilled forward with some warts.
I'd pass on Smith for Reinbacher but I wouldn't take him over Michkov.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Pittsburgh doesn't really have anything at this point to facilitate that type of deal..

That leaves Smith.
That's best case Ontario for Habs management. They get the guy they probably want, don't have to pay assets to move up and don't get crucified for passing in Michkov.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I know I'm showing a lot of ingnorence, but I need help here.
Beyond Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov, what are the first (given) names
of the next group of prospects?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I know I'm showing a lot of ingnorence, but I need help here.
Beyond Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov, what are the first (given) names
of the next group of prospects?

Carlsson and Smith are with them for that monster top 5. After good players like Benson, Leonard, Reinbacher, Dvorsky, Sale, Yager, Moore, Perreault, Danielson, Pellikka, Wood, Honzek, Musty, Ritchie and more.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I know size isn't everything, but I had a dream last night that we took Carlsson and he was everything bit as advertised. We also managed to trade Florida pick and the Avs 2nd next year for PLD.

Imagine for a second....

Dach (6'4) - Suzuki (5'11) - Caufield (5'7)
Carlsson (6'3) - PLD (6'3) - Slaf (6'4)

That second line man. Mountain men out there.
2nd line reminds me of the 2007 Ducks 2nd line of Penner-Getzlaf-Perry. Unstoppable down low.

Reactions: waitin425

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Ciernik plays on periphery, brings very little to the team. No material for bottom 6 and he misses top talent to be top 6 in NHL. His competitiveness is questionable, he is not worth 3rd round pick for me. He will be good player in Europe, but I do not see NHL potential with this kid.

That may be, but I'm pretty sure he'd put up more than PPG in the OHL next year ;)

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Wouldn't you think Columbus would rather take the Northeastern American kid? I also have a feeling that the Sharks will take Michkov but I think the likelihood of that goes down if Carlsson is available so I hope your expectations become a reality cause Hughes basically said if they don't think Michkovs talent level is noticeably above that of the draftees around him, they ain't taking him

It is, and they know it. So it's a bit of a PR, media-friendly phrasing.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

That leaves Smith.
Hughes was on 690 this week. Said he's confident we'll get real good player at 5.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I am so excited by the fact that we are ending with one of Carlsson, Smith or Michkov. Not winning the lottery sucks. But not dropping to 6th is such a huge f***ing win. It kinda save the year imo.

I am so excited by the fact that we are ending with one of Carlsson, Smith or Michkov. Not winning the lottery sucks. But not dropping to 6

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Kent Hugues best friend GM is Bill Guerin. Pretty sure Guerin isnt unhappy to have Kaprizov on his team, even if it he came late. Guerin will probably tell him to Hugues. Just get it and work for the transfer later.
Problem with that comparison is that Kaprizov was a 5th rounder, not a 5th overall. There was zero risk.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
You see more of his inside game with a some of these highlights. If we pass on Michkov, I think I could live with Dalibor as our pick. One of the youngest kids in the draft, and already has such a solid toolkit. Give him time with our development staff and I think this kid could be an absolute force in a few years.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You see more of his inside game with a some of these highlights. If we pass on Michkov, I think I could live with Dalibor as our pick. One of the youngest kids in the draft, and already has such a solid toolkit. Give him time with our development staff and I think this kid could be an absolute force in a few years.

I don’t think this video shows anything special. It’s mostly about his shot, which we know is really good. We need to see more playmaking and attacking defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad