HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Michkov's past season has been outlier-level good compared to historical trends, you know this right? It isn't about his 16 year old profile, but his profile as of June 2023. It's basically a gift from the Hockey Gods if he's available to the Habs at 5OA warts and all.
Yes. I also know some of the context. He wasn't cutting it with his parent team so they loaned him to the worst team in the league where he got opportunities unbeknownst to others in their KHL year. He put up numbers and all reports say he upped his overall game. Good on the kid for taking advantage of the opportunity. He also took advantage of the 2nd worst team in the KHL by scoring 8 points in 2 games against them.

Again, I have no problem if the Habs pick him 5 overall. They're the ones far closer to the situation. Not sure if gift from Hockey Gods is even close to accurate though given the uncertainties, size, speed issues etc.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Richards was drafted mainly as a potential 3rd line center, he didn't possess the offensive talent Leonard has or his skating, Richards was mainly compete and grit

He eventually clicked with his linemates and the rest is history. Leonard is way ahead offensively of Richards at the same age, if anything, the closest comparable from recent years is Matthew Tkachuk to me.

I'm not saying Leonard will develop into Tkachuk and give a 100 points a year but besides the size, Tkachuk is a very close draft day comp to him
Similar to Mike Richards, Matthew Tkachuk also overperformed his profile this past year. Leonard is unlikely to become 6'2" though, so it's a bit of a stretch to say his ceiling is a 100pt powerforward.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Similar to Mike Richards, Matthew Tkachuk also overperformed his profile this past year. Leonard is unlikely to become 6'2" though, so it's a bit of a stretch to say his ceiling is a 100pt powerforward.
Again as I said I'm not saying he'll become a 100 point player but he's a close comp from MT on draft day

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yes. I also know some of the context. He wasn't cutting it with his parent team so they loaned him to the worst team in the league where he got opportunities unbeknownst to others in their KHL year. He put up numbers and all reports say he upped his overall game. Good on the kid for taking advantage of the opportunity. He also took advantage of the 2nd worst team in the KHL by scoring 8 points in 2 games against them.

Again, I have no problem if the Habs pick him 5 overall. They're the ones far closer to the situation. Not sure if gift from Hockey Gods is even close to accurate though given the uncertainties, size, speed issues etc.
This is so unbiased i love it.

Someone better rip that art ross right out of Mcdavids hands because the 9 points in three games he just had means he friggin sucks!

Oh wait this only applies to people born between finland and Japan? Dang, nevermind.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

It isn't reasonable to micro-slice only one prospect's stats like this, imo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Again as I said I'm not saying he'll become a 100 point player but he's a close comp from MT on draft day
Leonard is a completely different player than MT, he does not play like him at all. Leonards closest comparison is Evander Kane. Timo Meier is also closer than Matthew Tkachuk.
shocking! Bobby got Bedard at #1

:D

Button sees him start at RW.

#2 Fantilli

#3 Carlsson

#4 Smith

#5 Michkov
LETS GO MM summer.

Mothers Milk baby.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

He took advantage of the second worst team by...being on the worst team

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Whens the last time a line on a team had #4, #7 and #10? Whats the historical value here? Closest I can think is 2019 but Caufield wasnt ranked that high I believe.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Apples to apples, okay.

Mike Richards is Leonard's ceiling -- it's the most reasonable best case outcome. What's then Michkov's ceiling? Patrick Kane, some would say.

Only a fool would take Mike Richards over Patrick Kane.

Except Michkov seems like he prefers to be the trigger man than the setup guy.

Again, I didn't say take Leonard over Michkov, I said take him assuming others are drafted and the Habs aren't taking him, or he's already gone.

I only said I'd take Leonard over Smith, but reading comprehension around here is low.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Except Michkov seems like he prefers to be the trigger man than the setup guy.

Again, I didn't say take Leonard over Michkov, I said take him assuming others are drafted and the Habs aren't taking him, or he's already gone.

I only said I'd take Leonard over Smith, but reading comprehension around here is low.
He really does both. Unlike Caufield he’s a beast on the PP.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad