HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Okay you've convinced me you're being genuine and looking out for the Russian prospect's best interests. Good stuff, thank you man.
Haha! I'm open minded to taking him and suggested last week that posters should dismiss the reports from Russia of abhorrent behaviour towards teammates and coaches.

I do not however get blinded by love for the girl who used to be the hottest in the school at age 16.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Haha! I'm open minded to taking him and suggested last week that posters should dismiss the reports from Russia of abhorrent behaviour towards teammates and coaches.

I do not however get blinded by love for the girl who used to be the hottest in the school at age 16.
Shes still hot, she just moved to Ohio and you're in Laval, both shit holes, just different.

• Haha
Reactions: atrud66

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Michkov's past season has been outlier-level good compared to historical trends, you know this right? It isn't about his 16 year old profile, but his profile as of June 2023. It's basically a gift from the Hockey Gods if he's available to the Habs at 5OA warts and all.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He should be a 200ft player who hates to lose, is what the Habs have been programmed to value above all else.
Just like that good Bawstahn boy, Will Smith.

Michkov's past season has been outlier-level good compared to historical trends, you know this right? It isn't about his 16 year old profile, but his profile as of June 2023. It's basically a gift from the Hockey Gods if he's available to the Habs at 5OA warts and all.
The hockey gods and russophobia, theres a story.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Just like that good Bawstahn boy, Will Smith.
Will Smith was on my personal DND entirely due to his awful hockey name but I think Michkov is going 4 and we're going to be left seeing Jeff Gorton shake Hughes' cue-ball head to get a clue who to draft at 5 and I honestly cannot predict who it'll be but I hope it's Smith versus whoever's left on the field due to his production upside. Hope he hates to lose...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Michkov is one of the premier gamers in the world, he literally lead Russia to multiple gold medal.

I dont know where that myth started that Michkov was gonna be a regular season player but can we end it right now?

If you don't hit everything that moves, you aren't effective in the playoffs. That's why Danny Briere and Patrick Kane could never step their game up when it mattered

The perception that the 2 and a half centimeters between Leonard and Michkov would make one a playoff beast and a playoff bust is so unscientific its giving me deep state theory vibes

THERE'S TUNNELS DOWN THERE TIMMY, I TELLS YA!

Don't be these two.

Where you make an inference out of nothing.

Where did I say Michkov wouldn't be an effective playoff player ?

Leonard wouldn't be a playoff beast where he has a ridiculous amount of points.

He'd be like Philly's Mike Richards. Can score to change the game, a great pk, a big body check.

Mike Richards smoking Krejci, breaking his arm is possibly what changed that series and got the ball rolling for Philly to come back.

Richards scoring that shortie where the habs d, probably Bergeron ran into Halak hurt the habs a lot.

as examples

Michkov is going to be a really good player. He'll be able to carry a team offensively

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Don't be these two.

Where you make an inference out of nothing.

Where did I say Michkov wouldn't be an effective playoff player ?

Leonard wouldn't be a playoff beast where he has a ridiculous amount of points.

He'd be like Philly's Mike Richards. Can score to change the game, a great pk, a big body check.

Mike Richards smoking Krejci, breaking his arm is possibly what changed that series and got the ball rolling for Philly to come back.

Richards scoring that shortie where the habs d, probably Bergeron ran into Halak hurt the habs a lot.

as examples

Michkov is going to be a really good player. He'll be able to carry a team offensively
Apples to apples, okay.

Mike Richards is Leonard's ceiling -- it's the most reasonable best case outcome. What's then Michkov's ceiling? Patrick Kane, some would say.

Only a fool would take Mike Richards over Patrick Kane.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Let's just find a way to get Perreault-Smith-Leonard and enjoy the next 15 years
You'd have to start by offering Slaf to San Jose and see if a deal can be made there then go Smith/Leonard and if Perreault is available after 15, you'd be able to trade down by bundling picks and prospects

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Will Smith was on my personal DND entirely due to his awful hockey name but I think Michkov is going 4 and we're going to be left seeing Jeff Gorton shake Hughes' cue-ball head to get a clue who to draft at 5 and I honestly cannot predict who it'll be but I hope it's Smith versus whoever's left on the field due to his production upside. Hope he hates to lose...
I’ll add him to my DND list:
- Fantilli for his stupid juvenile team and profile pics
- Carlsson for his Tic Toc handle: easymoneymaker999

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
You'd have to start by offering Slaf to San Jose and see if a deal can be made there then go Smith/Leonard and if Perreault is available after 15, you'd be able to trade down by bundling picks and prospects
Works for me. I'd trade Slaf for any pick in the top 10.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Dont get me wrong I love Smith too, but its insanely funny because Smith may just be the most uni-dimensional player in this draft and he is loved by the same people who hate on Benson, Michkov and Cristall for the simple fact that Smith is not 5'10.

So shallow

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No player who is multidimensional with no spectacular attributes has ever busted. That's why we should not take a guy with some exceptional (honestly an understatement) attributes.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Apples to apples, okay.

Mike Richards is Leonard's ceiling -- it's the most reasonable best case outcome. What's then Michkov's ceiling? Patrick Kane, some would say.

Only a fool would take Mike Richards over Patrick Kane.

Richards was drafted mainly as a potential 3rd line center, he didn't possess the offensive talent Leonard has or his skating, Richards was mainly compete and grit

He eventually clicked with his linemates and the rest is history. Leonard is way ahead offensively of Richards at the same age, if anything, the closest comparable from recent years is Matthew Tkachuk to me.

I'm not saying Leonard will develop into Tkachuk and give a 100 points a year but besides the size, Tkachuk is a very close draft day comp to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad