HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Seems Reinbacher is hardly the consensus top D anymore. Are there still people who want him at 5?

If we deal Barron in a PLD trade as apparently we might, an RD would make more sense but the value there would be pretty gross.

What? He's still the consensus top D. Do you think something happened a week+, after the combine to change that?

Some still link him at out pick but overall it seems like he's too much of a reach to grab at 5. If they love him enough to take him trade down to 8 or 9 and he's gone so be it.

He will be gone at 6 if we don't take him at 5, in fact, if we trade down, it's likely the team trading up is doing it to secure Reinbacher over the Coyotes

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
What? He's still the consensus top D. Do you think something happened a week+, after the combine to change that?

He will be gone at 6 if we don't take him at 5, in fact, if we trade down, it's likely the team trading up is doing it to secure Reinbacher over the Coyotes
He saw Button put ASP in his top 5

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Has better draft year metrics than Heiskanen and Seider…”this defenceman is bad and we should feel bad taking him”. Never change Montreal.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Has better draft year metrics than Heiskanen and Seider…”this defenceman is bad and we should feel bad taking him”. Never change Montreal.
It would be very Montreal to draft the Dman when there are so many good Fs with PPG upside on the board.

We don't deserve to see good homegrown forwards, it should always be a struggle to score. This seems to be the Montreal way.

Pin all the hopes on Pacioretty and then on Caufield... meanwhile other teams have two, three, or even four exciting forwards.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Raskolnikow

Jun 19, 2018
He definitely stood out to me in a good way. Great skating, good shot. Higher on him than I was on the Foudy's for sure.

Wouldn't put too much stock on his Peterborough totals, that teak was where offense went to die for Beck

I had him firmly in my first round but I dropped him just recently to the 35-40 range. The good part: He is one of the youngest players in the draft, he can really skate and has a great shot. But right now he is missing some dimensions in his game. His sense and playmaking are so-so and he is a tiny winger. His upside is high for a player in this range, but there are some risk factors. If the Habs go for a forward at #37, I would prefer guys like Bradly Nadeau, Koehn Ziemmer or Ethan Gauthier. To me Nadeau is more dynamic than Lardis. Ziemmer has heavy boots, but everything else in his toolkit. Gauthier is a rather safe bet to become a middle-six-winger who helps you in the playoffs.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Have seen Wallinder as the top D in some lists as well.

At one point Reinbacher was the top D on basically every list. Now it seems every other list has someone else as the top D.

Those are just lists.. Hughes stood in front of a microphone and literally said he was the best defenseman in the draft.

That is the same information that came out from the media sources around the combine. Are there people who will like another defenseman better? It is possible.. but Reinbacher will be the first defenseman chosen and I'd put the odds very very high he doesn't go lower than 6th.

Reinbacher is not a Seider/Heiskanen

He said his draft year metrics are better than both. Seider and Heiskanen are not the same defenseman either.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I had him firmly in my first round but I dropped him just recently to the 35-40 range. The good part: He is one of the youngest players in the draft, he can really skate and has a great shot. But right now he is missing some dimensions in his game. His sense and playmaking are so-so and he is a tiny winger. His upside is high for a player in this range, but there are some risk factors. If the Habs go for a forward at #37, I would prefer guys like Bradly Nadeau, Koehn Ziemmer or Ethan Gauthier. To me Nadeau is more dynamic than Lardis. Ziemmer has heavy boots, but everything else in his toolkit. Gauthier is a rather safe bet to become a middle-six-winger who helps you in the playoffs.
He reminds me a bit of Senyshyn back in 2015 actually. Unfortunately he didn't quite develop into an NHLer, but I could see Lardis becoming a 3rd line energy guy who can sub in higher in the lineup and pot ~20 goals.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He's certainly very good value at 31, if he makes it to that spot. With his sorta meh draft season, there's a real chance he could slip.
And I’m not scared that he can’t take the pressure of being a 1st round pick of MTL. He got the personality to perform under that type of pressure

I'd be disapointed if he's a top 64 pick.
You will quickly become happy with that pick

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013

I think the assumption that the Coyotes take him at 6 is just that...assumption

I put myself in their shoes, the forward quality at 6 is close to elite levels, if I'm them I go FW and then at 12 take the best D available assuming there's some left

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
And I’m not scared that he can’t take the pressure of being a 1st round pick of MTL. He got the personality to perform under that type of pressure

You will quickly become happy with that pick
If he is picked and I become happy, it's the happy ending I'm looking for.

But the way I see it right now, he's:

Not that talented
Another 5'11 "powerforward"

Certainly not my cup of tea

Reactions: ReHabs

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I love that we get a new guy to root for every 4-5 days. We've gone from Michkov, to Benson, to Smith, to Dvorsky, to Reinbacher, to Leonard. Go us and our indecision!

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think the assumption that the Coyotes take him at 6 is just that...assumption

I put myself in their shoes, the forward quality at 6 is close to elite levels, if I'm them I go FW and then at 12 take the best D available assuming there's some left

It's noise coming from the combine.. and the Coyotes have already invested heavily up front in the draft. The highest defenseman they've drafted in recent memory is who, Lamoureux?

I do like the Sam Bennett comparaison

Hope he's just coping.. we better not be dipping into Gauthier with a 1st our 2nd round pick, especially if we go Reinbacher or Leonard at the top of the draft.

Give me someone with some f***ing swing for the fences skill.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It's noise coming from the combine.. and the Coyotes have already invested heavily up front in the draft. The highest defenseman they've drafted in recent memory is who, Lamoureux?

Hope he's just coping.. we better not be dipping into Gauthier with a 1st our 2nd round pick, especially if we go Reinbacher or Leonard at the top of the draft.

Give me someone with some f***ing swing for the fences skill.
I think you just don’t like the Gauthier family :laugh::laugh: (Lamoureux is Gauthier brother in law )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad