HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Bettman moved it from thursday to wednesday.

It was already bad enough on Thursday.
Probably better for the players. They have the weekend to celebrate instead of packed in a stuffy arena waiting for your name to be picked. NBA does it on Thursdays too. I don't see a problem with the day 1 being on a Thursday night and day 2 being on a Friday noon. Honestly, I'm not watching anything on a Saturday, got better things to do like gym and golf. Plus people aren't really working hard at Friday at noon, let's be honest, even when I was in grade school, my teachers would be watching the draft while teaching lol.

On a side note, I'll be watching the draft in my grandma's basement in NY. The last time I did that was in 2016 when Habs got Sergachev so hopefully I'll bring some good luck with the draft picks lol

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why tf is the draft on a Wednesday?

And isn't it normally the 25th anyway? (1 week before FA)
They didn't want it to be draft day 1, draft day 2, free agency.

It's apparently better tv if the draft is Thursday, Friday, but as I mentioned they didn't want to do it.

No idea why they wouldn't have done it this week.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Friedman- What's your top 5

Marek:
1 Bedard, obvious pick

2, I want to say Carlsson because I think he'll make a lot of noise, but Fantilli.

3, Carlsson and this might be a steal

4, I want to say Michkov, but I think Benson.

5, Smith.

Friedman - Montreal would be very happy with Smith. There are people out there who think it's Smith, or Reinbacher for Montreal.

Marek - I wonder if San Jose trades down if they're interested in Reinbacher. Theyre interested in D and goalie.

It's on the latest 32 thoughts, towards the end. About 16 minutes left.

Well, maybe @KevSkillz4 pick in mock will be more right than people think. Benson in top 4.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
The more i watch and read about Nick Lardis, i think he could probably be a good high ceiling option if available with pick 31 or 37th. What is you guys opinion on his game?

Reactions: phillytennis

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
The more i watch and read about Nick Lardis, i think he could probably be a good high ceiling option if available with pick 31 or 37th. What is you guys opinion on his game?
He definitely stood out to me in a good way. Great skating, good shot. Higher on him than I was on the Foudy's for sure.

Wouldn't put too much stock on his Peterborough totals, that teak was where offense went to die for Beck

Reactions: badfish

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
https://thehockeynews.com/news/doerries-2023-nhl-draft-rankings-top-64
two things on this list.
1) I like her explanation of rankings when working for a team vs public rankings
2) That said, her list is VERY similar to the consensus rankings I have from 27 public/subscription sources.
ie. same top 5 in same order. Top 10 is same as consensus top 10 (different order 6 through 10)
Her top 30 is in my top consensus 34 and her top 64 is in my top consensus 71. That's incredible.
Keep in mind I am still waiting for a half dozen final rankings to come out.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
They didnt tank. They half assed it. The superstar are in the top 5 and now theyre overthinking it and are gonna pick a sligthly better Lekhonen. They should at least be trading down IMO.
They did tank. This team was a bottom 10 when healthy. There was a huge gap between bottom 5 and bottom 4 this year.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Insurance which he would also have gotten if he came over to the NHL and got on an ELC. Would also be making more money on the ELC than in Russia.

The KHL contract was a bad move by him and it infuriates me that he signed it.

I'm not afraid at all to draft him.. I'm just not going to put myself in a bubble and pretend there isn't a wart to be found and that there are no red flags or reasons for pause with him being in Russia for another 3 years.

I have not seen more than maybe 3 people who do not want the Michkov risk.. most of us want Michkov but understand if they pass on him, there are some legitimate question marks both in terms of him as a hockey player and him as an asset you can get over to North America.

If people are going to call someone out for a bias, they need to be free from bias themselves. No one is ever fully free from bias.. but I think it is healthy that we look at the green and red lights for all prospects. There's not one prospect in the draft I haven't unearthed a verifiable concern, that includes Connor Bedard.
True. Even I have doubts about Bedard because if size and injury risks.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Seems Reinbacher is hardly the consensus top D anymore. Are there still people who want him at 5?

If we deal Barron in a PLD trade as apparently we might, an RD would make more sense but the value there would be pretty gross.

Reactions: HabzSauce

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Seems Reinbacher is hardly the consensus top D anymore. Are there still people who want him at 5?

If we deal Barron in a PLD trade as apparently we might, an RD would make more sense but the value there would be pretty gross.

I still think he will go top 8. I would be happy if he was our guy because he has so much upside and getting a top D can have such a huge positive impact for a long long time. I know many around here will cry, but building a crazy D corp is probably the best way to build a team. Having said that if they love someone else and think we can get a legit star player (and it's not Reinbacher), you have to go for that!

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013

Some still link him at out pick but overall it seems like he's too much of a reach to grab at 5. If they love him enough to take him trade down to 8 or 9 and he's gone so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad