HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Why not both? Tampa won 2 cups with highly skilled players, Pittsburgh won 3 and Chicago won 3. The hope is that skill leads to a cup and that is far more probable anyways than grinding your way to a cup.
It wasn't an only one but I was saying, I'd rather if one was only available, to be the LA Kings than a super entertaining team that never wins a cup. Ask maple leaf fans if they're satisfied with a purely entertaining team with no success. Even Tampa, once in a spot to win, grind you into oblivion. Kucherov, point, etc are exciting but once you get past that, you had a bunch of players that great 5 on 5 players with no at best decent offensive games. Case and point, Anthony cirelli. That boy is as mid as you can't get offensively but he's almost as important as point when it comes to winning games. Like danault was for the Habs in 2021. Like it or not, grinding it out usually leads to more success come playoffs. That's why everyone, myself included, were so happy that a team like Colorado won last year proving that style can win. Chicago was a different story. They were necessarily high flying as much as they perfected the game of hockey when you watched them play. I mean their no. 1 C didn't crack 70 pts on a regular basis

Reactions: Gravity

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Just please don’t take Reinbacher at 5. Move back sure, maybe but don’t go D at 5 with 3 great scoring forwards there. We’ve struggled to score goals for years

Reactions: HabzSauce

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
32 thoughts.

They state it was hard to talk to Michkov, even if you got into Russia. They think he might be trying to get himself to a certain team
Man, it is risky for a prospect to do that. But iirc Jagr did the exact same.

Too much noise and smoke around the Habs and Michkov. Too many coincidences — the Bobrov connection, the outrageous lie that Hughes said they hadn’t looked into Michkov as of last week, the rumours of the Habs moving up, etc.

Let’s hope we have a happy ending to this story.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Man, it is risky for a prospect to do that. But iirc Jagr did the exact same.

Too much noise and smoke around the Habs and Michkov. Too many coincidences — the Bobrov connection, the outrageous lie that Hughes said they hadn’t looked into Michkov as of last week, the rumours of the Habs moving up, etc.

Let’s hope we have a happy ending to this story.

I think if he's there and the Habs pass him, it will be telling.

They make note that it will be interesting to see what teams he interviews with at the draft.

Probably Washington ?
That's very possible and a logical assumption

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Michkov may be gearing toward Washington, but didn't their own scout say that it was a nightmare to get a hold of him as well?
Yes. Who knows what's happening. Games could be played. As long as Habs have done all their due diligence already and have a good interview when he's in Nashville, they'll have their own appreciation of him.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah sounds like he's going to Washington and their loudmouth scout is doing some extra work to make sure none of the teams before take him. I would take him anyways and make Washington pay through the nose for their 8th overall +++ immediately after we take Michkov. Then we get our pick of Reinbacher, Leonard, Benson, Dvorsky or whoever they like plus a hefty add-on.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Yeah sounds like he's going to Washington and their loudmouth scout is doing some extra work to make sure none of the teams before take him. I would take him anyways and make Washington pay through the nose for their 8th overall +++ immediately after we take Michkov. Then we get our pick of Reinbacher, Leonard, Benson, Dvorsky or whoever they like plus a hefty add-on.

If that ends being the case, let's take those pancake eating motherf***ers to the cleaners.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Benson is a stud. Would not be disappointed if he ends up our prick.
Now, how that would translate into the NHL, only time will tell, like all the other picks in the draft.

The beauty about this year's draft is that we have no clue which direction the team will go.
I'm sure a couple of good option will be available when the Habs take the podium.
What the????

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
I could see Wash jumping up into SJ spot if they think we’re taking Michkov. CBJ are the interesting team. If they for some reason they take Smith at 3 and Wash jumps up to 4 to take Michkov it would leave Carlson to us at 5. Pipe dream I know 😛

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
For the people that are high on Leonard what do you guys project he will be in the NHL?

My concern is that he’s being compared to the Tkachucks but does not have their size which is a huge part of their game.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
For the people that are high on Leonard what do you guys project he will be in the NHL?

My concern is that he’s being compared to the Tkachucks but does not have their size which is a huge part of their game.
A less Fiesty, more skilled Bennett? Idk I bad with comparisons haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad