HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
IB is legit, but what due diligence needs to be done on Smith? Hughes is practically his uncle lol
Habs are probably interviewing his entourage and Hughes has shown to want to hear what other people on his team think before making a decision regarding drafting (see last year with Wright with MLS and Lecavalier calling him to ask questions).

Wow such breaking news from IB. “team picking 5th considering prospects ranked around 5”

People absolutely starved for information from a team that never leaks info.
It's the first time Benson is mentioned as someone habs are interested in at #5 after the Combine being all about Smith/Reinbacher/Leonard thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Habs are probably interviewing his entourage and Hughes has shown to want to hear what other people on his team think before making a decision regarding drafting (see last year with Wright with MLS and Lecavalier calling him to ask questions).

It's the first time Benson is mentioned as someone habs are interested in at #5 after the Combine being all about Smith/Reinbacher thought.
Yes, mentioned by someone who spews bullshit.

Reactions: jaffy27 and McGees

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If Philly is dead set on Michkov and the Habs aren’t interested in him I’d trade down.

5 for 7 and 22

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlsson
Smith
Michkov

Those are the top 5 that would be drafted. Then Habs get one of Leonard or Benson. Maybe throw Reinbacher, Dvorsky or Wood in there.

Plus then that would leave the Habs with picks 22, 31 and 37. Three more solid prospects or maybe they could leverage them and trade up.
How on earth would the Flyers justify that trade? Way too much to move up two spots.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Another person's (actually, many) perspective when clearly, Hughes might be biased, would be paramount in making a good decision...
D’Amico sources suggesting that Hughes may really want to draft Michkov and is throwing everyone off by trying to trade up suggesting to other teams that they know something that would make them not draft Michkov.

Maybe Hughes is playing psychological warfare with the other GMs

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
D’Amico sources suggesting that Hughes may really want to draft Michkov and is throwing everyone off by trying to trade up suggesting to other teams that they know something that would make them not draft Michkov.

Maybe Hughes is playing psychological warfare with the other GMs

That's what I said last week. He's doing the same thing as last year when he used the hype around Slaf to prop-up talks. It's clear he had extensive talks with Joysy, but it fell through, like most talks around top picks.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

This is reassuring, Bob is a good follow for NYC area sports news and gets the occasional good scoop along with Boomer.

For some reason I have a ~good~ feeling that Carlsson will be there at 5. Not saying it's right, but the stutter and personality is going to turn some teams away.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I'm old enough to have seen him play, and he was everything you said and more. A magnificent
I am not sure whcih Perreault we are talking about. Yannick or Gilbert. That statement to me applies much more to Gilbert then Yannick.
Good news.
Its certainly good news that they are looking seriously into Michkov and perfectly normal that they would keep there cards close to there chest. I certainly think that we wont get the luxury of drafting him though. For me I am not that keen on Smith, I have vibes of Drouin from him. His he a clear cut above Leonard?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Caufield Suzuki Dach
Slaf Dubois Michkov

8h4FNzZ.png

8h4FNzZ.png

8h4FNzZ.png

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
M. D!A doesn’t change much for me regarding Michkov. Not saying it’s not legit but it’s just smoke. There’s some both ways now, but mostly that they’ll pass. More solid for me is the information that Columbus wants a Center and SJ likes Will Smith. Meh…

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
I Bob knowing the 3 most popular picks by the Habs fan base and getting clicks. Excellent business.
He definitely know show to engagement farm lmao. Although I'm surprised he put in Benson since it's the first time we hear anything about him. I'd say that he definitely isn't as popular as Michkov and Smith to the fanbase.

Very low probability that this is actually true, but the only thing we can realistically do is either hope or lower our expectations for Leonard/Reinbacher.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
What are the odds Hughes wants Michkov this whole time and is just munching on a big bag of popcorn reading people on HF and Twitter lose their minds and playing games to just f*** with everyone?
I'm thinking at least 25% :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad