HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Nonsense, pick the man regardless.

That f***ing scout trying to steal him.

Washington seeing the writing on the wall with Ovechkin's decline, need a new superstar.
It apparently (according to bloggers] looks like the Flyers/Brière are interested in Michkov. I thought he might still be there at Caps / Pitts. Perhaps not. Who knows?

Edit: Re Brière. Only found this up to now, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah you're not the one I was targeting with this commen haha.

I get taking size into account but when someone completely disregard drafting a player solely because of size and nothing else, keeps repeating that one line over and over, that doesn't make for great debates. :laugh:

Honestly I think small players are the best value in the NHL draft year after year. Benson & Michkov will be great picks wherever they go!

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
It apparently (according to bloggers] looks like the Flyers/Brière are interested in Michkov. I thought he might still be there at Caps / Pitts. Perhaps not. Who knows?

Edit: Re Brière. Only found this up to now, so take it with a grain of salt.

If Philly is dead set on Michkov and the Habs aren’t interested in him I’d trade down.

5 for 7 and 22

Bedard
Fantilli
Carlsson
Smith
Michkov

Those are the top 5 that would be drafted. Then Habs get one of Leonard or Benson. Maybe throw Reinbacher, Dvorsky or Wood in there.

Plus then that would leave the Habs with picks 22, 31 and 37. Three more solid prospects or maybe they could leverage them and trade up.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Last year we had the 1st overall pick, so no real incentive to play coy or really care who knew our selection, and HuGo were an absolute vault. There was almost no information or real solid rumours coming out about how we were leaning. Slaf only became the betting favourite the hour before the draft and people were almost certain we were taking Wright.

So the fact that somehow this season, all these media members and scouts of other teams somehow know the ins and outs of our scouting group, (when there is actually incentive to not have that information be known) leads me to believe Kent has something up his sleeve. I don’t think anything he does is by accident.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If we get the Pittsburgh pick along with Granlund's cap dump, we may be able to move up from it.
Don't think they give us this year's 1st for a cap dump. Maybe a 2025 1st.

Let's say it works and we land the 14th pick.

14th + 31st barely gets you in the top 10, and perhaps not, because this draft class is highly regarded. Benson would be gone by then.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Last year we had the 1st overall pick, so no real incentive to play coy or really care who knew our selection, and HuGo were an absolute vault. There was almost no information or real solid rumours coming out about how we were leaning. Slaf only became the betting favourite the hour before the draft and people were almost certain we were taking Wright.

So the fact that somehow this season, all these media members and scouts of other teams somehow know the ins and outs of our scouting group, (when there is actually incentive to not have that information be known) leads me to believe Kent has something up his sleeve. I don’t think anything he does is by accident.
Expect the Unexpected

Part II

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm happy with any of the top 5, Reinbacher or Leonard if we can't take Michkov. Think most of us are on the same page

Top 5 or Benson for me.

He plays that NHL game and is too cerebral to not be a good player, and I don’t think it’s far away either. 1 more year in junior and he can play the following year.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Simon St-Lau has Benson at 4. First time I seen him that high. Simon certainly has some different rankings. He has Simashev as top D-man, going 7th.

Reactions: Frank JT

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If the Habs can't move up and don't want Michkov....

TRADE THE f***ING PICK BACK

Let's say you trade it to Detroit and get 17th + one of their 3 2nds. Maybe you get 2.

I trade 5th for 9th, 17th, 41st. I had to throw in some later picks for the numbers to work on draft sim.

Habs got 9th - Dvorsky. 17th - Wood 41st - Ironically But.

Michkov is really good.
Benson is good
Reinbacher is good
Leonard is good.

In my opinion those 3 assets are better than any of those 1 players, so maybe because of that the Habs can't really move back..

Draft is deep and the Habs are stuck in a bad spot once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad