HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I mean I don’t like going against Benson because I really like him but the only advantage he has on Adam is the hockey IQ

We'll see in 5 years, I'm obviously going against the consensus on that one.

I'm not 100% sure I would pick Benson over Fantilli gun to my head, but I would contemplate it.

What I know, is I'd take Michkov over Fantilli without thinking twice.

Reactions: Habs Icing

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
At 31th, I don't know, but unless you have a clear frontrunner I'd pick Ethan Gauthier, because he's one of us and fits the profile of what we need.

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Jezzz what's up with the Benson wagon going on ,,,

Also who's your pick at #31 ?
Tanner Molendyk is my pick
Edstrom, Wahlberg, Hrabal, Musty, But, and there's a few more.
At 31th, I don't know, but unless you have a clear frontrunner I'd pick Ethan Gauthier, because he's one of us and fits the profile of what we need.
What type of player is be ?

Habs seem to want size and skill at the foremost with some be hard to play against mentality.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Edstrom, Wahlberg, Hrabal, Musty, But, and there's a few more.

What type of player is be ?

Habs seem to want size and skill at the foremost with some be hard to play against mentality.

He's middle-sized but plays physical/feisty and has some skills.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Jezzz what's up with the Benson wagon going on ,,,

Also who's your pick at #31 ?
Tanner Molendyk is my pick
Depends who's there, if a fun like Simashev drops there, I take him and run he's closer to a top 10 talent then top 20

If Hrabal is there, he's a big option, I don't mind guys like Gauthier and Nelson too, I'd like us to fill the roster with such players if possible. And if their offense pans out, that's icing on the cake.

On D, I like Akey in that range as an RD there but I think he'd be available at 37, big fan of Molendyk too but I'd prefer picking RD unless they're vastly inferior

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He's middle-sized but plays physical/feisty and has some skills.
Would fit.

Can see him being an option there if the Habs Habs another direction from Leonard. Heck, even if they draft Leonard can see them going with them.

It's easier to get another late first, or early 2nd and getting another quality prospect

Reactions: BenchBrawl

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Would fit.

Can see him being an option there if the Habs Habs another direction from Leonard. Heck, even if they draft Leonard can see them going with them.

It's easier to get another late first, or early 2nd and getting another quality prospect

It's a great opportunity to pick a French-Canadian player at the right spot who fits the profile. They should jump on it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
It's a great opportunity to pick a French-Canadian player at the right spot who fits the profile. They should jump on it.
Yeah, they're not reaching for him, as he's projected in that area.

I imagine everyone, except for RDS/TVA hated when the Habs draft a French Canadian relatively high and it's a reach.

No problem with this one as he's the type the Habs need.

Get high end skill, or some middle range skill with snarl and/or size.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Gauthier is 5'11, maybe close to 6'0 plays a pest style of game and is quite physical. If he ever becomes a 45 point player, he'd be a tremendous asset
He is a poison around the net too. I see him being a 20-25 G scorer that play with an edge. Wouldn’t be surprise if Gauthier get bigger to if you look at the genetic (all though his older brother is not that much bigger)

Type of prospect we don’t have in our prospect pool

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I love Denis Gauthier, and I love French-Canadians, so I have a rather strong bias in favor of picking Ethan Gauthier at 31th.

Plus it will take some pressure off HuGo to pick from the Q in the next 2-3 drafts, which is fair.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
If we're going for the Réjean-pleasing pick, take Morin before Gauthier at 31 even if he's a LHD.
Gauthier has no unique skill other than his last name to think he'll be anything more than a bottom 6 "contributor".

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I love Denis Gauthier, and I love French-Canadians, so I have a rather strong bias in favor of picking Ethan Gauthier at 31th.

Plus it will take some pressure off HuGo to pick from the Q in the next 2-3 drafts, which is fair.
Ahh f*** Denis Gauthier.

If the Q is better in the next few drafts then the Habs might draft more and more players from there.

Etienne Morin is also a possibility.

Cataford, too.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Ahh f*** Denis Gauthier.

If the Q is better in the next few drafts then the Habs might draft more and more players from there.

Etienne Morin is also a possibility.

Cataford, too.

Denis Gauthier was awesome

If we're going for the Réjean-pleasing pick, take Morin before Gauthier at 31 even if he's a LHD.
Gauthier has no unique skill other than his last name to think he'll be anything more than a bottom 6 "contributor".

Réjean Tremblay is also awesome. I met the man and he's a force of nature.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Apparently Wood was 5'6 2 years ago. No wonder why his skating sucks, the guy grew 10 inches in 1.5-2 years lol.

wtf lol

This is not a good sign in general though.

You always prefer a guy who never had to "grow into his body", like Mario Lemieux say, who never lost his agility from a growth spurt and was always taller than everybody. OK, crazy example using #66, but he was the first to come to mind.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
im 25 yo lol.

I'm not old enough to have seen Perreault neither (except maybe in the 80s but by that point he wasn't in his prime and I don't really remember him). I saw him on tapes but I guess I'm the kind of psycho who enjoys watching vintage games.

Perreault's natural talent was unbelievable. Elegant and smooth. Had everything to perfection.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
How many players in our prospect pool brings what Ethan Gauthier can bring ?

I'm not old enough to have seen Perreault neither (except maybe in the 80s but by that point he wasn't in his prime and I don't really remember him). I saw him on tapes but I guess I'm the kind of psycho who enjoys watching vintage games.

Perreault's natural talent was unbelievable. Elegant and smooth. Had everything to perfection.
Came from a great town too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad