Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Ummm who the heck had any idea we were

a) Trading Romanov
b) Acquiring Kirby Dach

That completely came out of left field and to say otherwise is weird. It made sense in hindsight, but it was never anything floating around before.

1) Dach was on the tradeblock
2) Obvious what Chicago wanted
3) A team just needed to give them what they wanted.

I'm not claiming I predicted the exact outcome, that we would get him (given we didn't have a 15th overall pick), but I certainly thought he would get traded for a 1st rounder at the draft. Us getting him is not a big leap, it comes down to 1 decision by Lou to pay that price for Romanov.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

I'm not claiming I predicted the exact outcome, that we would get him (given we didn't have a 15th overall pick), but I certainly thought he would get traded for a 1st rounder at the draft. Us getting him is not a big leap, it comes down to 1 decision by Lou to pay that price for RomRomanov
Where was Dach available ? That was a complete, out of left field move.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
All this article tells me is that:
a) there is basically no unanimous order even near the top
and/or
b) everything these Execs and scouts are saying is BS in hopes to sway the draft in their favor

MFs propping up Reinbacher and Dvorsky so they can get their hands on Leonard.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Reminds me more of Jeff Skinner. Would make a good pick. Wish the Habs had a few more - there are lots of good prospects.
Could easily trade up and snag him in the teens. Many thinks he could fall outside the top 10. Then you have VAN at 11th who might be interested in trading down for extra assets. I think there's a fit.

If the draft goes something like that :

1.CHI-Bedard
2.ANA-Fantilli
3.CLB-Carlsson
4.SJ-Smith
5.MTL-Leonard
6.ARZ-Reinbacher
7.PHI-Michkov
8.WAS-Simashev (best dmen in the draft after Reinbacher and really close)
9.DET-Dvorsky
10.STL-Willander (late riser who will either go to DET or STL imo)
OR you could switch some of those guys for Moore and Danielson.

Then we'd just need to acquire another first in the teen and move up to the 11th spot. I think Anderson is the best piece we have to do such a move. Something like 14th OA (PIT) for Anderson, then taking on Myers' contract to move up 3 spots.

Now we have both Leonard and Benson. Two absolute studs.

Reactions: WinterLion

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Benson is crazy underated. I would seriously consider taking him at 5 if we don’t take Michkov.
I have Benson at 8. 5 is rich for him, but he’d be a great trade down target. He’d be a nice fit even if he’s smol. Just wish he was a better shooter. If he could snipe I’d be in love with him.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Yours too, genius.

There's quite a list of NCAA players who've held off and reverted their rights/got intentionally traded.

There's no Russian of importance other than Radulov who has gona back there in his prime and still, he did come over here twice.

Kovalchuk

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Could easily trade up and snag him in the teens. Many thinks he could fall outside the top 10. Then you have VAN at 11th who might be interested in trading down for extra assets. I think there's a fit.

If the draft goes something like that :

1.CHI-Bedard
2.ANA-Fantilli
3.CLB-Carlsson
4.SJ-Smith
5.MTL-Leonard
6.ARZ-Reinbacher
7.PHI-Michkov
8.WAS-Simashev (best dmen in the draft after Reinbacher and really close)
9.DET-Dvorsky
10.STL-Willander (late riser who will either go to DET or STL imo)
OR you could switch some of those guys for Moore and Danielson.

Then we'd just need to acquire another first in the teen and move up to the 11th spot. I think Anderson is the best piece we have to do such a move. Something like 14th OA (PIT) for Anderson, then taking on Myers' contract to move up 3 spots.

Now we have both Leonard and Benson. Two absolute studs.
Theres no way Benson goes in the teens, and why is Michkov dropping ton7, right ahead of Simashev lmao?
I have Benson at 8. 5 is rich for him, but he’d be a great trade down target. He’d be a nice fit even if he’s smol. Just wish he was a better shooter. If he could snipe I’d be in love with him.
Benson has some of the best small area goalscoring in the league and he can score from a distance too. The reason why he doesnt score from a distance is two-fold, rather than him not being a good shooter from outside. 1. Hes a playmaker first, and probably the best since Jack Hughes and hes the one that carries the play, his game is slanted towards his linemates. 2. He takes the puck inside at a very good rate and when hes in a position to score, its because he moved in and manipulated the space with his vision, hes always in a great scoring position.

Yours too, genius.

There's quite a list of NCAA players who've held off and reverted their rights/got intentionally traded.

There's no Russian of importance other than Radulov who has gona back there in his prime and still, he did come over here twice.
Cooley being the recent example. He went back for a 2nd year, not exactly giving "I wanna play in Arizona" vibes.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Right now I'm looking at the Devils with a fine comb because Nemec is very interesting for us. And with Luke Hughes arriving early at this level, the Devils might be a few forwards away from a Stanley cup next year. Anderson + Barron + pick for Nemec or a 3rd team could be there to adjust the value for what the Devils want.

• Haha
Reactions: ginomini

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Theres no way Benson goes in the teens, and why is Michkov dropping ton7, right ahead of Simashev lmao?

Benson has some of the best small area goalscoring in the league and he can score from a distance too. The reason why he doesnt score from a distance is two-fold, rather than him not being a good shooter from outside. 1. Hes a playmaker first, and probably the best since Jack Hughes and hes the one that carries the play, his game is slanted towards his linemates. 2. He takes the puck inside at a very good rate and when hes in a position to score, its because he moved in and manipulated the space with his vision, hes always in a great scoring position.

Cooley being the recent example. He went back for a 2nd year, not exactly giving "I wanna play in Arizona" vibes.
I haven’t seen enough of him scoring from distance at all. No doubt he can bury it in tight, but being able to score from distance is an important quality for players like him. If you can post some clips of him beating goalies with snipes from distance, I’m willing to elevate him on my board.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008

I'm not claiming I predicted the exact outcome, that we would get him (given we didn't have a 15th overall pick), but I certainly thought he would get traded for a 1st rounder at the draft. Us getting him is not a big leap, it comes down to 1 decision by Lou to pay that price for Romanov.

I was pounding the table for Vilardi. Wouldn't have cost as much as Dach either.

Too bad we couldn't snag both.

Right now I'm looking at the Devils with a fine comb because Nemec is very interesting for us. And with Luke Hughes arriving early at this level, the Devils might be a few forwards away from a Stanley cup next year. Anderson + Barron + pick for Nemec or a 3rd team could be there to adjust the value for what the Devils want.

I think they made their choice quite clear by moving on from Severson. Nemec won't be available.

Stop trying to make Benson happen. It's not going to happen.

I'll speak it into existence like Chiarot for a 1st.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Why would they do that? Hamilton, Nemec, Hughes, Marino, and Siegenthaler would be one of the strongest 5 man units in the league.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Ok

There's 0 chance that they don't hang up in our face if that's the offer, they might counter tho and request either Slaf or Nemec and that's if they identify someone they prefer over Nemec at 5

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I'd do Slaf for Nemec and then take Michkov :sarcasm:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Why would they do that? Hamilton, Nemec, Hughes, Marino, and Siegenthaler would be one of the strongest 5 man units in the league.

Because Nemec might not be useful at the Stanley cup level, for 2 more years. And thus, instead of waiting for that to happen fixing their obvious size issues could put them in contention next year. And then there is no way they keep all of them from a salary point of view. I think Hamilton and Hughes are the core for those 2 years and they would have to depreciate Nemec's value. Unless there is an injury. I'm not saying its without risk for them to try, it's at least intriguing.

Ok

There's 0 chance that they don't hang up in our face if that's the offer, they might counter tho and request either Slaf or Nemec and that's if they identify someone they prefer over Nemec at 5

They just noticed that they are close to a win now moment, I don't think any 19-20 years old is on their map, they need 25+ years old with size. They have all the 20-23 years old they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad