HF Habs: 2023 NHL Draft part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
An interesting quote from Recrutes:

A scout who attended the NHL Combine told Recrutes that Michkov won’t be one of the players under consideration by the Canadiens. “I’m hearing they won’t draft him, “ said the scout. “People think they are targeting Reinbacher or Leonard.”

Will read the rest tomorrow.
lol that's ridiculous, borderline racist but wtv

• Haha
Reactions: Gravity and le_sean

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
One thing is sure...I better not hear or read that we didn't want to add smaller players in our pool.....They just f***ing added Mesar, Beck, Hutson, Rohrer just last year. Don't tell me they'll pass on BETTER talent because of the draft THEY made just last year...

There's no reality that we are passing on Benson because we freakin have Filip Best Friend Mesar.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
I think theres a world where we can end up with both Benson and Leonard (which would set our offense for years). Just take Leonard at 5. Trade Anderson to PIT for the 14th OA. Move up with VAN at 11th for Myers (cap dump) and COL 2nd RD next year (VAN doesnt have any second next year). I think VAN does this only if none of the top dmens are available (Reinbacher and Willander).

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019

Habs doing all they can to move up in the draft.
If that's the case then I'm assuming they really don't want Michkov. San Jose's GM seems like he wouldn't be against taking Michkov, so I don't think getting 4th would be impossible. The question is what would it cost?

I'd do 31st+5th for 4th if it means we avoid the gamble of picking the wrong guy out of Benson/Leonard/Dvorsky/Wood/Reinbacher.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I think theres a world where we can end up with both Benson and Leonard (which would set our offense for years). Just take Leonard at 5. Trade Anderson to PIT for the 14th OA. Move up with VAN at 11th for Myers (cap dump) and COL 2nd RD next year (VAN doesnt have any second next year). I think VAN does this only if none of the top dmens are available (Reinbacher and Willander).

Put down your controller!

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Put down your controller!

It's not impossible, just unlikely because many people need to agree. But I fully expect a trade at the draft from us. Dach was pretty obvious to predict, now it's a bit harder as we can go in many directions.

Dubois
Another big player not called Dubois.
Adding another 1st rounder from existing assets (Anderson, Dvorak, Edmunson, Armia, Hoffman + 2nd tier prospects can all go).
Moving up
Moving down and adding another 1st rounder, at the cost of picking later in the top 10.

1) It's clear to me that Suzuki/Caufield need a solution to form that trio, we are missing a natural RW who can play with them or someone better at Center than Suzuki.

2) We need a good young RD to play with Guhle - don't think they consider any of our current prospects or draft pick to be an option, Guhle is here now, who is the Dach of RDs? 22-23 years old.

Last edited:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I want pure skill in Michkov, but after watching the SCF I have to admit that Leonard is sounding more and more enticing.

We need heart and soul guys that give it 100% all the time and can scrap and bang and grind it out in the playoffs. Just get us to the 28th damnit so we know what we are getting.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Dvorsky brings everything Leonard does, but is bigger, stronger, proven at center, and has a better shot. I don’t quite get anyone putting Leonard over him. Imagine Dvorsky playing with Smith and Perrault and the numbers he’d have put up. He put up similar numbers as Leonard at the U18s playing with absolutely no one.

Reactions: rahad

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Dvorsky brings everything Leonard does, but is bigger, stronger, proven at center, and has a better shot. I don’t quite get anyone putting Leonard over him. Imagine Dvorsky playing with Smith and Perrault and the numbers he’d have put up. He put up similar numbers as Leonard at the U18s playing with absolutely no one.

I'm not on the Leonard bandwagon at 5 (hell I don't even have him top 10), but Leonard plays with better pace, has a better release in stride and plays a harder game. Not sure if Dvorsky is stronger either, Leonard is built.

Much easier to project his impact on an NHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad